Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoplites

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

Default Hoplites

Well, they suck. Why are they phalanx, thats not realistic! They should be, hoplites.

Just asking what you plan on doing in the future.

Default Re: Hoplites

They look better with vanilla phalanx , than with overhand phalanx About plans , we will add a new map patch , that will also take care of some bugs .. i don't think units will be redone though ..
    Last edited by Killerbee; July 30, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

REALLY???? Where?

Is the Rome one abanodoned then?

We might release a Myth version for RTW , that will (hopefully) contain a map .. If you see the units we made so far for M2TW , you would understand why we move

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Yes, we will be moving to Kingdoms and we will try to finish the Rome version as we work on the Kingdoms one (hopefully). If there are any suggesstions, please tell us so that way we can try to make it as player friendly as possible.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Well, they suck. Why are they phalanx, thats not realistic! They should be, hoplites.

Just asking what you plan on doing in the future.
    It's just a simple change in EDB to change them from the "sucky phalanx." Quetzalcoatl has posted the answer to your question before....

Haha sucky phalanx looks better, but anyway you will need to direct the mod at BI.exe to make that effective, then give the phalanx unit’s the shield wall effect.

i'll get you back for that sukka
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

? I downloaded it into my Rome file that had BI and it just made if for Rome? Was it supposed to go into BI itself?

Is there a link for Kingdoms version? Or is it to early?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Too early.

Oh...

Oh man don't make Mythology TW for Medieval 2 Kingdoms , because many of us don't have good PC's to support that game , just make one for Alexander TW or Barbarian Invasion!

Rolf copter

If you have another bi mod then see how that is done. As far as I know if you copy the target line from bi

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe"
    +
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta
    =
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:Sparta

If you copy this last line and paste it into your Sparta shortcuts target line, then it should run. I don’t know though as I have not tried it so try and see what happens!

I am not sure if we will do a kingdoms version of Sparta.

Ranger of the north
    We have an rtw version of myth made, but it is completely untested and the desc_strat is not done. When the map for Sparta is made then I will ask roman if he will change the desc_strat a bit for myth. once i changed a few things you can beta test it if you like.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

I have many BI mods. They all seem to do it automatically.

Nothing happens automatically in modding, have you tried the target line? Just right click on your Sparta shortcut, click properties then past the above line [in red] into the target box which will automatically be highlighted.

Ya, I fixed it, but the hoplites are still exactly the same. I dont know what your getting at.

Did you change the skeletons for the hoplite units too? Have a look in DMB at Iranian spearmen, they have the overhead spear skeleton, so you can just copy that and give it to all the phalanx units.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    Ya, I fixed it, but the hoplites are still exactly the same. I dont know what your getting at.
    Neither do we. Are you talking about a shortcut automatically created, the hoplite anims, or both? The overhead spear anim is fixed in DMB. Also, make sure you disabled the "can form phalanx" attribute in the EDU entry of the said hoplites.

don’t give it all away you slut

Only joking, yeah that what you need to do rolf

Oh ! Legio showed knowledge of modding ! Now , don't get me wrong Caeser , but it's actually the first time

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by KingTheoden1 View Post
    Oh ! Legio showed knowledge of modding ! Now , don't get me wrong Caeser , but it's actually the first time
    Maybe it's because it's the first time I have actually been serious in this subforum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast