View Poll Results: Shall dune42 become a Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 05/16/09] [Citizen] dune42 (Patron: Thanatos)

Default [PASSED 05/16/09] [Citizen] dune42 (Patron: Thanatos)

Client: dune42
    The Total War Centre is perhaps one of the friendliest gaming-centred communities and what makes it truly fantastic is not only the people who created it, but also the quality of the people who contribute to and help to expand it. The TWC appeals greatly to me not only for my love of the game series, but also for the dozens of other forums which allow you to discuss the latest releases from Hollywood, your favourite Author or even to debate the nature of our Universe, all of which will contain people willing to give you an amiable discussion; perhaps the most important feature of the experience is the well-mannered and accepting nature of those bearing a coloured tag.

Patronization for me would mean that I, too, would become part of this group of people and be able to lend my knowledge and support to the Community - whether it be through debating in the Discussion and Debate forum or having fun in the Coliseum, Circus Maximus or the AAR and Community RPGs forums. In becoming a citizen I would hope to continue the well-mannered and informed debates I have currently presented in the Ethos Mores et Monastica sub-forum

(in such detailed discussions such as these:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=255916&page=7, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74#post5109574

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...06#post4592606, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=230872&page=3)

as well as my contributions to the AAR and RPG forum in inviting other members to take part in such activities.

Patron: Thanatos
    dune42 has spent a good while at the Total War Center, and has contributed extensively in both the Discussion and Debate, as well as the AAR/RPG subforums of the site.

He is a genuinely caring and intelligent individual who enjoys discussing issues with others, as well as helping the site run smoothly in the areas under his jurisdiction. I am therefore happy to nominate him for patronization.

Thank you for your time,

Thanatos
    Last edited by Astaroth; May 08, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Default Re: [Citizen] dune42 (Patron: Thanatos)

I've known him for a long while (since my GSTK days), and I certainly regard him as one of the most intelligence individuals I've met on the site. He was definitely a positive member of GSTK when I was part of the team, his general historical knowledge being staggering. But I haven't been over there for a long while. His D&D posts are in my opinion above par.

I think I'll have to abstain though, due to my personal affiliation. I've pondered patronising him myself in the past.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Previous attempt here.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

lol, i love that first para... flattery will get him everywhere!

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

A steady member with a good series of posts in D&D. I cannot say that the RPG would get the applicant a badge on it's own, but the consistent participation is present.

The previous application was marginally denied. The applicant still remains marginal, IMO.

A close decision, but Yes.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

is there some way to stop Thanatos patronising everyone? Can we tie him up or something?

Yes

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

A yes from me. Citizen worthy contributor in the D&D in my opinion.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    I cannot say that the RPG would get the applicant a badge on it's own, but the consistent participation is present.
    Agreed.

However, he holds his own elsewhere; even though I had to sift through RPG posts to get to his D&D ones, it wasn't a bitter experience once I reached them. I think he's overall very cordial, predisposed to citing his sources and encouraging others to do so, able and willing to concede points, and displays unabashed composure in the face of the emotionally charged majority.

A yes from me.
    Last edited by Augustus Lucifer; May 12, 2009 at 12:48 AM.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin