Thread: My resignation

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Friends, Romans, countrymen, I am here to announce my official resignation from the position of Quaestor. Why do I step down from such a prestigious position, you may ask?
    As a British school boy, caught up in exam revision when a staff vote is called, and caught up in lessons when the latest news arrives, I often find myself one step behind the rest of the TWC world. The ramfications of this are that I have less time to spend writing detailed, in-depth posts, and thus my posts are often short, too short. Rather than bringing back news, I instead devote my time to answering questions on RTW- as I know now quite a bit about it.
    I will not leave TWC. Quite the opposite. I will remain, among the civitates, where I now feel I can comofortably belong. I have enjoyed my time working amonst such admirable folk in staff, but now feel not so different from other non-titled members in this forum.
    Thoughtful members, no doubt much wiser and experienced than I am, rise up instead. I do not want to remain above such promising candidates- rather I will step down today and hand my job over to one of these more apt nominees.
    I resign for these reasons, and in the hope that someone can fill the gap- someone who can handle responsibilities and keep up with the frantic pace of the online world. As my final wish before stepping down, I thereby nominate TRAX as my successor.

It has been great working in staff, and I will put my experience forward for managing my clan, Cursus Honorum.

Thankyou for all your support, and special thanks to the staffing team who have really helped me along the road in TWC. I go now to join the ranks of the Civitates, in peace.

Tommasar Falco, Lord Tomyris, resigning off.

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

First Frood, and now this. It is a sign of change, and that is inevitable that it should happen. Nevertheless-Tomyris, it is a great tragedy to lose you.

I do understand that you have a great task ahead of you with your clan, the Cursus Honorum. And I am just as certain that you shall overcome that task with the same diligence and skill that you have shown in our forums. Truly, to step down because you do not feel you can dedicate the supreme energies to this forum, as you have in the past, is a amazing show of character. Truly, you have taken "The Course of Honor"

In recognition of your great service and time dedicated selflessly in expanding the honor of the forum, I GodEmperor Nicholas, representing the Triumvirate, and with it TWC, do bestow upon you the honorary title of Dominus et Ductor. Go with honor, and godspeed.

Best of wishes to you and your clan,

NM
    Former Patron of: Sbsdude, Bgreman, Windblade, Scipii, Genghis Khan, Count of Montesano, Roman American, Praetorian Sejanus

My time here has ended. The time of the syntigmata has ended. Such is how these things are, and I accept it. In the several years I was a member of this forum, I fought for what I considered to be the most beneficial actions to enrich the forum. I regret none of my actions, and retain my personal honor and integrity.
    Fallen Triumvir

Originally posted by GodEmperor Nicholas@May 7 2004, 12:12 PM
    Tomyris, it is a great tragedy to lose you.

In recognition of your great service and time dedicated selflessly in expanding the honor of the forum, I GodEmperor Nicholas, representing the Triumvirate, and with it TWC, do bestow upon you the honorary title of Dominus et Ductor. Go with honor, and godspeed.

Best of wishes to you and your clan,

NM
    Here Here!
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Truly, you speak the kindest and most touching words of me...
    I am glad that I may aid TWC by moving aside for a greater member, and to recieve an honorary title, lest of all that of Dominus and Ductor, is the greatest prize you could bestow on me- which I could own without guilt.

Civitate

Though we have had our fights and disagreements and been generally enemies in RTW world You have always been a prized possession of TWC and we regarded your work as always great, even when you werent exactly the "newsie"

Well Ill see you around and a ton soon in 5 months

Portuguese Rebel's Avatar Civitate

At this rate Ximan will have a staff position soon B)

"Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know,
    a pestilence here, a plague there... He's so deliciously evil."
    Stewie, Family Guy

You wish.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Lord Stronghold, thankyou for your appreciative words. While we may be enemies in the RTW world, I bear no grudge against you elsewhere.
    And the days of my Newsieness are over- for some reason I was much more apt at getting the news when I was a mere member and nothing more. The title cursed me, so it seems....

Civitate

Fare well! Also, iam going to be at your clan forum soon, havent found the time to join!