View Poll Results: With the advent of Faction Specific music, do you want to hear your factions music only from the Band, or do you want the ability to hear the music of the Faction you are playing against as well in custom battles

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I want to hear only my Factions battle tunes only

19 26.76%
  • No I want to hear my opponents Faction Battle tunes as well as my own

52 73.24%
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Removed**NEW**FIFE & DRUMS MEGA PACK 2**NEW** MEGA pack 1 ready to download now! ** Brigadier Graham's, Authentic & Historical,FACTION SPECIFIC, Battle Tunes!+ Tutorial!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Duffers Prestigious Social Club, Currently wearing a little propeller hat! Atop a huge Elephant!

Default Removed**NEW**FIFE & DRUMS MEGA PACK 2**NEW** MEGA pack 1 ready to download now! ** Brigadier Graham's, Authentic & Historical,FACTION SPECIFIC, Battle Tunes!+ Tutorial!

Brigadier Grahams Battle Tunes MEGA packs

Sorry Chaps this mod is removed and I am no longer making any music mods!
    There is a discussion taking place here...
    Copyrighted music policy discussion
    If you think I was right, or wrong even.. log on and have your say please!

2009 Modding Award Winner!
    I would like to give my thanks to everyone who voted for me in the 2009 modder awards

Let me Celebrate in the Appropriate why as a thank you!

Brigadier Grahams battle Tunes

IF YOU USE ANY OF THESE MODS IN YOUR OWN PROJECT (MOD)
    OR FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL USE
    YOU MAY USE THESE TUNES,IDEAS OR MY ADVICE, AS LONG AS
    PROPER CREDIT IS GIVEN TO THE CREATORS,THANKS.

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.

When anyone asks me why I don't include the Barry Lyndon version of the British Grenadiers, well this is why......

THERE'S MORE THAN YANKEE DOODLE"

by
    Donald L. Hafner, Drum Major

The Lincoln Minute Men

“Military justice is to justice as military music is to music.” Or so said the French statesman, Georges Clemenceau. On Patriots’ Day weekend in the town of Lincoln’s Pierce Park each year, the Fifes and Drums of the Lincoln Minute Men respond to the insult, by hosting a “The Lincoln Salute: A Concert of 18th Century Fife and Drum Music,” featuring some of New England’s finest colonial music groups, playing the great variety of fife and drum music from the era of the American Revolution. The concert is free and open to the public. If military music earned a bad reputation during the Revolution, it certainly was not the fault of the musicians. When the Massachusetts Provincial Congress commanded all towns to form companies of minute men in 1774, it also required each minute company to have at least one fifer and one drummer. This was common practice in every European army, and George Washington later adopted the same rule for his Continental troops.

But the purpose of the musicians was not entertainment — it was communication. In the field of battle, musicians stood alongside officers and translated the commands into distinctive drum beats and fife tunes. The shrill sound of the fifes and the snap of the snare drums could penetrate through the noise and dust on the march and the smoke and thunder of the muskets and cannon in battle, and each soldier was compelled to memorize and react to the distinctive signals the musicians played. To avoid confusion and complications, most of this field music was simple, short, and not necessarily very imaginative or entertaining. That was not its purpose.

Because the fifes and drums signaled everything from when soldiers were to awaken in the morning to when they were to load their muskets and fire, musicians were prohibited from playing their instruments in camp except when ordered by an officer. They could be flogged if they did. Boring field signals, not much practice in camp — no wonder military music got a bad reputation.

Fortunately, there were occasions when the musicians had greater freedom to show what they could do. Evening inspections of the troops, ceremonial visits by dignitaries, even burial details provided opportunities for some innovation. And there was a wide variety of music from which to choose. Every major European composer of the era wrote music for the fife and drum. Even the French philosopher, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, composed some military tunes. (His decision to make a living as a philosopher was a wise choice, however.) The American army contained soldiers from every corner of Europe, and they brought along their own favorite songs and dance tunes, which proved in many cases to be fine marching tunes as well. English, Scotch, Welsh, German, Irish, French — they all got mingled together and played.

Musicians get bored easily, and they love to try new music. We have a good example from the time of the Revolution. Thomas Nixon of Framingham joined the militia in 1775, and like many fifers, Nixon made his own copybook of tunes, carefully writing out the notes so he would have a record of tunes he had played or hoped to learn. Thomas Nixon served for only three years, but his copybook survives, and in it we find 104 separate tunes. An impressive repertoire in just three years, and we know from other surviving copybooks that if Nixon had served longer, he could have acquired hundreds more.

Was any of it worth listening to? Those who come to “The Lincoln Salute” in Lincoln’s Pierce Park during Patriots’ Day weekend will be able to judge for themselves.

Donald L. Hafner is a fifer and Drum Major with the Lincoln Minute Men, and a professor of Political Science at Boston College

http://www2.bc.edu/~hafner/lmm/music-articles/lincoln_salute_article.html.

Brigadier Grahams Battle Tunes MEGA packs
    THERE'S MORE THAN YANKEE DOODLE"

I would like to thank Toontotalwar and hip63 for their support in my mods!
    Thanks a lot chaps !

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.

Permissions: you may use for your personal enjoyment chaps!

10-20-2010

Permission by request only.
    This means that permission must be sought to use any elements of the creators work, this is to cover instances where the creator wishes to keep certain elements (ie; use of names) at their discretion.
    Accreditation
    It is common courtesy to give accreditation to any work done by another modder which is included in your work.

Modding Award Winner 2009

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; April 22, 2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Updated 29-12-09

Braavis's Avatar Murakawa

Default Re: La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic, Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum

Lovely job! Definately downloading this, although I have to say that the inclusion of the Girl I Left Behind Me would make the mod alot tastier...
    Last edited by Braavis; May 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic, Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum

Great Mod !!
    Excellent work for my GB GC
    +thanks for the Links
    +1 rep !
    Cheers
    Last edited by MorganH.; May 07, 2009 at 01:03 PM.

Duffers Prestigious Social Club, Currently wearing a little propeller hat! Atop a huge Elephant!

Hi there thanks mate, I was gonna include the Girl That I left behind me but the file was too big for uploading,LOL perhaps someone will use the source I give in my post http://www.militaryheritage.com/sound.htm and use the fife and drum sounds to make a better version than mine (hope so)
    Anyway hope you enjoy the sounds!!!

Aquilifer

Hey Sounds Great, DL'ing now..

Well done on ya 1st mod mate..

+Rep to you

Swiss Halberdier's Avatar Fight for your right!

Default Re: La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic, Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum)

Hello La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham!

very impressive work and research you did! Thanks for listing me on your credits!

The new sounds are providing a very good atmosphere! Awesome! +rep

Miles

Default Re: La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic, Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum)

DL'd your music mod and unrared to steam ......data then opened Lt Chambers mod mgr to find your file not listed with other mods but as a patch. Couldn't work out how to activate it because there was no check box. Eventually got it activated (dunno how - just kept clicking!!) But it doesn't work. Its mostly vanilla music and intermittent very low drumming (about 10% of the time) Any ideas what I've done wrong?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gromda View Post
    DL'd your music mod and unrared to steam ......data then opened Lt Chambers mod mgr to find your file not listed with other mods but as a patch. Couldn't work out how to activate it because there was no check box. Eventually got it activated (dunno how - just kept clicking!!) But it doesn't work. Its mostly vanilla music and intermittent very low drumming (about 10% of the time) Any ideas what I've done wrong?? Thanks
    Hi gromda (have PM you)

Hi, could you give me a little feedback please, has anyone any issues with the mod not working with mod manager? or is the mod working alright? Would appreciate you letting me know!!
    Thanks
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; May 08, 2009 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham View Post
    Hi gromda (have PM you)
    Hi, could you give me a little feedback please, has anyone any issues with the mod not working with mod manager? or is the mod working alright? Would appreciate you letting me know!!
    Thanks
    Your file is internally a "patch-type" file which means it doesn't need to be activated with the mod manager. Just put it in your ETW data directory and it works.

Hi Gromba, as Swiss correctly pointed out there is no need for the Mod manager,dont know what I was thinking!!! All I can say is I am having problems myself with Mod Manager 1.5, have reverted back to 1.4 and I apologize for giving you the wrong instructions, hope you get the Mod working, I am working on a revised mod at the moment, the sounds are a little more amplified, hope you still enjoy the mod though, and once again sorry!!!
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; June 02, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted

Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; May 08, 2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Double post

Version 2 of La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic & Historical, British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum)

Udated, warcry voice volume decreased!!!

Coming very soon

***UPDATE****

FORT TICONDEROGA BATTLE MARCHES

In the July 1758 Battle of Carillon, the French defeated attacking British forces!

3 AUTHENTIC BATTLE MARCHES & A WARCRY TO

STRIKE FEAR IN THE VERY HEART OF THE ENEMY!!!

Download

ENJOY
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; May 15, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: TICONDEROGA BATTLE MARCHES

Miles

Good to hear you're increasing the volume. It was a bit of a strain to hear this great mod and I'm looking forward to the new V. Great work!!

Lothae's Avatar Murakawa

Amazing work mate, looking forward to the volume increase .

Your welcome Sir, please let me know if it is an improvement if you can!

***UPDATE****

FORT TICONDEROGA BATTLE MARCHES READY FOR DOWNLOAD

In the July 1758 Battle of Carillon, the French defeated attacking British forces!

3 AUTHENTIC BATTLE MARCHES & A WARCRY TO

STRIKE FEAR IN THE VERY HEART OF THE ENEMY!

update, V2 here soon, reduced volume on the Battle cry!!
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; January 18, 2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: UDate V2 Ticonderoga here soon!!!

Miles

The increased volume is excellent. Nice and clear and doesn't fade so much as I move away from the unit. Gonna DL Ticonderoga now. I think a nice touch would be an on screen button to (dis)/allow continual music during battle. I don't know (and care) if its historically correct, although Frederick The Great introduced dedicated military bands and drumming during battle was used to convey orders. Perhaps I'm letting the pursuit of sensory delights get in the way of sensible modding??? Oh, how can I turn off/down speech in battles?? 'Options' 'speech' uncheck does nothing. Thanks for your great work.

Default Re: NEW VERSION, v1.2, La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic & Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum)

Very good improved update! The volume level is now much better!

alphalau's Avatar Murakawa

Default Re: NEW VERSION, v1.2, La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham's, Authentic & Historical,British & Colonial Battle Marches (Bugle,Fife & Drum)

i love this mod, great sounds. thank you for your nice work.

Glad to hear it has improved., I hope everyone enjoys this mod, don't forget, I have also submitted my Ticonderoga Battle march with the rousing battle cry to taunt the enemy and instill fear in their hearts!!! Give it a try and let me know please!!

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information