Thread: All rank fire

Default All rank fire

did APE implemented mass fire for the european line infantry? I have various other mod(IS, darth, TROM) sitting in my data folder and I was switching out the user.empire_script.txt inorder to activate them.

I notice that my british line infantry was firing amass up to three rank deep, and currently I have plug bayonet and square formation researched. I was wondering if the .pack files from the other mod was interfering with APE.
    Last edited by Red Paladin; May 07, 2009 at 12:21 PM.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: All rank fire

APE does remove the original firing drill (volley_fire; where it only fires the first rank) with mass fire.

Make sure you are loading you are loading mod_proper_firingdrills.pack is loaded at the bottom!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Miles

l33t how would i make a unit (cossack infantry) fire mass fire always even after rank_fire has been researched?
    Slovenic by birth, Christian by the Grace of God.

WWI Total War Mod Member
    Družina Kagana

Mik - Well, you would have to edit the firing drills pack;

Inside the unit_to_unit_ability_junction add the cossack infantry by the name they use in the units table (something like east_cossack_infantry) and make sure mass_fire is the ability you are adding.

Now here is where it is going to get tricky;

Because APE defines firing drills by unit class and not the specific unit you will also have to open up the unit_to_class_unit_ability_junction tables and REMOVE rank_fire from whatever class of infantry (line, light, militia, mob, etc.) the cossack infantry is (line I think.)

Now, this is going to cause a problem for you, since the cossack gets its rank_fire from it's class and we removed rank_fire from the class; NONE of the units in that class will have rank_fire. So, basically, you will have to take rank fire out of the class table and add it back by hand for all the units that need it.

You could also redefine the light infantry group, or any other class group and take out rank or platoon_firing from the class table and switch the cossacks to that class.

I've assigned platoon fire to elite and light units, and rank_fire to line and militia units.

Let me know if you have any questions!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; April 04, 2012 at 02:52 AM.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espańa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

does thi smean you are removing rank fire from the game?

No, I will not be changing the firing drills as they are assigned; but if you did want to change them that's how you would do it!