Thread: Help me!: Friends, Romans, Counrtyen

Bruticus the Steadfast's Avatar Civitate

Ok, so I have to say from memory: Anthoy's Funeral Oration.

("From Friends Roman Countrymen"...to "My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar...")

Easy you say? Well...yes, if I would of acutally tried to do it before the night before I had to say it.. :>< . I am the Lord of procrastination, and I have LOADS of other stuff to do tonight ( I have a banquet tommarow night..and a trip on sat to get ready for)

I really need some tips from people who have done it before, to help me have it by memory. I just need to say it, then I can forget it right after. A little rhyme, something. Please help me. My great thanks.

PS: Some quick replies would help me alot haha.
    Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Here&#39;s the way you memorize:

Read a line off the page.
    Put the book away, and say it three times from memory. If you screw up, read it again and say it three times again from memory.
    Keep it up until you get it right, then move on to the next line.
    Split the speech up into a couple sections. When you finish all the lines in a section, do the whole section three times from memory.
    If you screw up, take it from the top. Read each line, recite it correctly three times.
    The most important thing is to read and recite everything OUT LOUD.

Don&#39;t expect to just read the whole speech a few times and remember it. You can only remember seven or so things at a time, so you if you try and take the speech as a whole you&#39;ll lose the beginning, and when you go back to the beginning you&#39;ll lose the end. Take it one line at a time, and hammer them in there.

It can take a little while, but it will burn the speech permanently into your brain.
    "Jamf was only a fiction, to help him explain what he felt so terribly, so immediately in his genitals for those rockets each time exploding in the sky... to help him deny what the could not possibly admit: that he might be in love, in sexual love, with his, and his race's, death." - Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Join my Dark Throne army!
    Proudly patronizing Nihil

Thanks, that is my last resort. I have lots of other HW and preparing to do (I still havent even started..>I hate being a slacker haha). I will stay up all night if I have to..but I dont want to. :p

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

rububula is absolutely right. I will only add: stop 30&#39;minutes before you go to bed. There is no memory consolidation in that period (recent studies have shown...)

Good luck, and do not stay up all night. Try to sleep 1.5 Hours or any multiple of it. (a usual sleep cycle).

Libertus

Just do what Bush does.
    Have a ear piece and get some flunky to feed you the words.

lol. If only. Well..good news is that I was in the half of the class that gets to do it on Tues..so I will do it sunday and monday. Thanks for the help.

(BTW...ya..I am fine with no sleep.....I have done it many times before lol. )