Thread: Crashing upon Grand Campaign.

Default Crashing upon Grand Campaign.

Recently installed the new version of Imperial Splendour. I did follow all the guide lines. I put mod.pack into the data folder, I put the script into documents & settings, creative assembly, ect.

I also put the scripting.lua and startpos file into the main folder. Each time I click singleplayer > Grand Campaign, I crash. If I change the name of the IS startpost file to starpos.esf, then I get this picture. And when I start the campaign, it kicks me back to main menu.

Default Re: Crashing upon Grand Campaign.

what do you mean by changing the file name? The file in the zipped folder is already called startpos.esf

And by main folder, i trust you know it is data/campaign/main

OK, it looks like the game is not reading the startpos.esf file. All you need to do is download the file from here and copy it into your data/campaign/main folder. You don't need to rename anything. I think the reason you are having problems is because you renamed the file and spelled it wrong. It's startpos.esf not as you wrote "starpos.esf". Once you fix the spelling, the game will work fine.
    Last edited by War&Politics; May 07, 2009 at 07:33 AM.
    "Der Krieg ist eine bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln.
    (War is merely the continuation of politics by other means.)

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

did you unzip the startpos file? sounds like you just dropped the startpos zip file into the main folder. there should be no reason to rename anything.

Still shows the same thing like on my first post. I only spelt it wrong in my topic not i nthe folder so the spelling cannot be the issue.

I really dont get the other naming issue either.

Nothing works :/

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

the question still is why change the name of the startpos file? there should be no need to do that.

exactly what gord said, the file was named correctly, if you renamed it, you messed something up.
    Just redownload it and put it in there without any renaming.

I did already redownload it, but still does not work.

Have you tried using "verify integrity of game cache" in Steam? Then reinstall the mod.
    "Der Krieg ist eine bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln.
    (War is merely the continuation of politics by other means.)

I tried to basicly delete everything i had of the mod, and reinstalled it. This times it seems to work, the factions are there, pictures there, and the extra factions are there too. How ever when I check on the Line Infantry Unit it says Range 100 and Acc 45. I dont remember the Acc to be that good in IS.

It was reworked to because the BAI made low accuracy units charge without shooting. The actual accuracy is the same as pre patch

Ah I see. In the mod manager is does mention a lot of conflicts but then again i am not very wise on how this works, just how to load/unload the mods.

I'm not sure if I was clear - having 45 accuracy on Line Infantry is right