View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 19<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW

Just a small thing that happened to me now (yup, i'm using your latest AI this time)
    I was fighting a very though bridge defence battle as Mordor against Gondor.

I deployed my troops as in the image below, and charged the units that engaged my infantry, routing them. They had those spearmen (in pic) in the bridge, who stopped in the middle of it. The units coming behind them were destroyed, but they just stood there. When there were only the spearmen left one unit left the bridge and got routed, followed by a second unit of spearmen. But the last 3 just stood there no matter what. I tried luring them out of the bridge but nothing worked, guess your AI has reached a point where they start learning from their mistakes . They're almost immune to my archers, so i just waited for the end of battle.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by grumpygoat; May 26, 2009 at 02:13 PM.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 19<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW

ok so the BAI switcher should be extracted into Third Age/data right? or just Third age? and in the cfg file should i type in the code disable_file_cache =true , since it ain't there already?
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; May 27, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

hmmm not sure whats going on, but it actually seems as if the AI was dumber now after installation of the BAI Switcher than ever before, although i did enjoy the exceptional use of artillery the OoMM used in a bridge quick battle. As for the rest, if i play custom battles and set the AI to defend, they attack anyway, and if they dont they form up for defence and then when i attack they basically commit suicide by doing that annoying re-formation thing they always do and moving here and there while my army is coming right at them in such dis-organization. In short I have seen nothing that canbe described as intelligent by the AI, except for the above mentioned artillery.

EDIT: my overall point is maybe i did something wrong whilst installing? i installled it into data first, then re-read your instructions and deleted the files from data, then re-installed to the main TATW directory...all the AI Set folders are in the main directory, along with a 100 byte Third Age bat file and the other file with the sub-mods name. In data the files are updated but there is also another smaller "data" folder containing more of you r files, should these files be in the real data or in this secondary data?

EDit2: i have deleted the whole thing now, re-installled RC May 28, and am going to play a few quicks and customs to see how things go, I do eventually wish to use the BAI switcher, so any help would be greatly appreciated to make sure i get everything in order next time.
    Last edited by Pope Gregorius I; May 27, 2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: update
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

I couldn't access twcenter since monday and I was convinced the server was down... how wrong I was. I'll post a few updates soon.

@grumpygoat
    Interesting, I'll have a look at crossing battles later.

@Pope Gregorius I
    Yes, if disable_file_cache = true isn't in [io] section yet, plz add it.
    This "dumb" formation changes happen in repeated custom battles mostly, the AI chooses a slightly different formation then and regroups (due to larger choice of formations available). Also if AI has big advantage in missile troops, it attacks. Next update will fix the issue with AI army moving towards player when not properly formed.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

ok thanks Germanicu5, i didnt actually try a campaign battle at all. next time ill make sure to do that.

I'm still having the problem where the AI's archers utterly refuse to melee, I can surround them, hack at them, butcher them and still they are intent on shooting arrows... pics attached

after reinstalling your BAI switcher i realized that the config_ai_battle file is an earlier file than the one from a clean RC(May 28th update). Id this a downgrade you havent had a chance to upgrade yet, or is it all good?

papio's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    I'm still having the problem where the AI's archers utterly refuse to melee, I can surround them, hack at them, butcher them and still they are intent on shooting arrows... pics attached
    This happens to me as well, though sometimes they repeatedly switch back and forth between bows and melee weapons. Still an awesome mod though.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 29<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW

@JonSnow and papio
    EDIT: Riddle solved by PB, appropriate arrow radius needs to be set to something like 0.15 in descr_projectile.txt
    Edit2: I tested it for several hours, there's no 100% fool-proof pattern to that behaviour, a different solution may be needed.
    @Pope Gregorius I
    There was a small difference, nothing to worry about now that I uploaded new AI.

New AI is up, it fixes most of cases with non-firing javelin units and makes AI army advance in better order.

Edit: Basic ReallyBadAI files uploaded again (v0.881) due to an omission during updating process, plese redownload.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 29, 2009 at 04:24 PM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 29 v2<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW

I'm proud to announce new release of ReallyBadAI - Divide And Conquer version.
    It includes the latest Stakes Deployment script, BattleAISwitcher and some minor adjustments.

Big thx to Renown for inviting me to write AI for DAC.

BattleAI Switcher installer HERE

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 09, 2009 at 05:19 AM.

papio's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 29 v2<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1, Real Combat+TATW and Divide And Conquer+TATW

Cool, I look forward to using it. Good work

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul >Update May 29 v2<, Battle AI Switcher plus AI Scripts >May 26< for TATW 1.1, Real Combat+TATW and Divide And Conquer+TATW

cheers!
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

so even though there has been no update from PB, these updates of yours work with his may 28th?

@Pope Gregorius I
    Yea, they're always compatible.

Regards

Decanus

will ur Really Bad AI v 0.882 compatible with RC may 22 update( the one before the RC+RR update) bcoz i m not using RR as it isnt save game compatible

EDIT: ok i think v.882 isnt for RC ....wat abt ReallyBadAIv0.881 for RC+TATW and G5BAISwitcher v10.88 for RC+TATW..are these two compatible with RC May 22 update or shud i just use the the one i m using right now(G5BAISwitcher v10.86 for RC+TATW )
    Last edited by aqua; May 29, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

Downloading G5BAISwitcher v10.88 for RC+TATW is enough if you want to use the switcher, it contains all ReallyBadAI files and will always be 100% savegame compatible.

Regards

Decanus

thnx man and +rep for u

EDIT;but i just have the may 22 RC...is it compatible with that

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ai is compatible with anything except other ai...

Decanus

thnx for the help

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    ai is compatible with anything except other ai...
    ... still another battle AI (released by a different person) can be overwitten without game-spoiling consequences if someone wishes.

Regards