ReallyBadAI Battle System for TATW 3.x
List of current features shows after clicking download link
Battle AI Switcher info
- new formations
- 4 different settlement capture schemes
- switches between set number of AIs giving a good variety of AI behaviours
- switches between different defensive AI formations
Current AI setup: standard, cautious, aggresive[/SPOILER]
Proper installation notes, PLEASE READ below:
Make sure that after unpacking the structure of new files in mods\Third_Age\ is as follows: "G5BAISwitcher.vbs" and modified "Third Age.bat (size: ~100 bytes)" in the main directory, also "AISet1" etc.
No malicious code there, some anti-virus/firewall utilities will ask if it can access protected COM interface and svchost.exe - the script monitors if kingdoms.exe is actually running and shuts when it detects it's otherwise.
Changelist, needs update
v3-4 -minor corrections plus additional scripted features
-reworked mechanics, now running via show_me
- always savegame-compatible
- can be skipped if any errors occur
v1.37-38: improved scripts
v1.36 list of changes:
- new settlement assault formations
- major siege revamp
- AI more aggressive in open battles
- fixed numerous bugs
v0.88 list of changes:
- better missile troops management
- improved formation cohesion
- new siege stage progression requirements
- improved AI movement during crossing battles
- siege with multiple armies adjusted
- aggressive outflanking
- missile units concentrate fire on melee units more often
- reduced passive behaviour of supporting AI armies
- specifically adjusted for huge unit size
- ladders/siege towers throughput revamped to suit huge unit size
- outflanking improvements benefiting huge unit size
- increased unit cohesion when maneuvering
- short-ranged missile units performance improved
- siege adjustments, particularly siege defense
- corrected missile troops firing positions
- different threat assessment scheme
- skirmish distances and reaction times: adjusted and tested
- engage distances adjusted for better battle performance
- encouraged outflanking: makes better use of cavalry, reduces chances of AI charging pikes and allows deep operation (achieved by changing a couple of loosely connected settings)
- battle-analyser adjustments
Manual Mod Integration Instructions
1. Download ReallyBadAI and find a set of files in InstDir\g5\Manual_Integration\ .
2. Import combat balancing settings that are mod-specific (found in your mod's battle_config.xml):
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
3. Check if your EDU uses skirmish class, try not to use it for units other than gunmen\javelins\crossbowmen, guild's missile bonuses don't apply to them (still it's very useful for units that need a direct line of sight to shoot).
4. Change formation of units based on elephant mount to horde - if it's not widely used it'll work, it's important that infantry doesn't use the formation (or very rarely), you can decrease elephants' formation spacing by ~30%.
5. You need to give all foot missile units with range exceeding 160m "extreme_range" attribute (not mandatory for quick individual integrations).
6. If your mod doesn't use mod-specific advice files and texts, you can copy advice files without problems, but if it does, then you'll need to import some values manually - entries from export_descr_advice.txt, export_descr_advice_enums.txt and export_advice.txt (all including variations of G5Script entries), you'll need to delete advice-related .bin file found in your mod's data/text directory too (and please delete the *.bin file supplied with ReallyBadAI). Keeping Vanilla advice isn't advised and will lead to battle CTDs, so in 90% of cases your best shot is just overwriting old advice files with the ones I supplied.
7. Copy-paste contents of ReallyBadAI_Scripts_v5.txt to your campaign_script.txt, preferably just above "wait_monitors" line. A note to mod creators - DO NOT cut out any lines (neither these around "G5 BAI Stuff", nor "Additional Scripts").
8. All files I didn't mention should be copied following normal routine.
9. The folder in which you need to copy the AI files is your mod's main directory (something like Medieval II Total War\mods\YourModName\).
ReallyBadAI with integrated scripts for TATW and RC-RR below:
Installation of .zip Switcher: Unpack files to your main TATW directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\)