Thread: CTD every other battle

Default CTD every other battle

First off, Imperator is absolutely great. I love the challenge. However, the game crashes on at least every other battle as well as frequently when I load a saved game. I followed the instructions in the thread a few pages back on replacing one of the data files, and when I did that, then every time I loaded the game I received an error message that another data file was missing. So I looked for the stated file in the Rome - Total War\Imperator II - Final Edition\Rome - Total War\imp\data\models_unit folder and copied it into the Rome - Total War\Data\models_unit folder. After repeating that process with three different models_unit files, the game would load and run, but then it would CTD as I've mentioned. I have to confess that for now, at least, I am enjoying Imperator so much that I'm willing to deal with the inconvenience of the CTDs, however I would really like to fix it.

Michael

To clarify what I said, I copied the models_unit files from here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

To here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I hope that's clear. Thanks in advance for the help.

Michael
    Last edited by Panzer; May 06, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

Default Re: CTD every other battle

Did this start happening before or after you modded the files?
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

It happened after, but the problem is that before I modded them, the game simply wouldn't start. So the first thing I did was follow Lestat's instructions because I was getting CTDs, then after I had replaced the file as he said to do, every time I tried to start the game I got an error message that it couldn't find a file. So now it finds the files and runs the game, but I'm still getting CTDs.

So you downloaded 1.8 then 2.1 then you installed the hotfix?
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Yes.

Edit: Also, I might add that the two error messages with the names of the files were as follows:

Error: Filename doesn't exist: imp/data/models_unit/militia_high.cas

Generic Error: Failed to find texture imp/data/models_unit/textures/imp_standard_txt1.tga
    Last edited by Panzer; May 07, 2009 at 06:47 AM.