Thread: Is there a way to switch to Vanilla CAI?

Default Is there a way to switch to Vanilla CAI?

Hi Everyone!

First of all I'd like to say it's a great mod - it makes a lot of changes I really like. Keep up the good work!
    Unfortunately the problem with AI building so few ships really bugs me, so I wonder if maybe switching to Vanilla CAI might solve this?
    Is there a way to keep all the other changes and bring back Vanilla CAI?

pretorian's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Is there a way to switch to Vanilla CAI?

There is one way to do it. You must delete from mod (with Pack File Manager 1.11b) files campaign*. As I remember there are 3 files. I may be wrong but sth like this. Than You will play with vanilla CAI.

I changed the campaign_ai_manager_behaviour_junctions and campaign_ai_personality_junctions back to vanilla and mucked around with the stats some game is awesome so far cept that Poland/Lithuania got smoked by prussia after 15 turns or so in not sure if thats caused from the changes but I tell ya what I have plenty of naval action. And I also had Mysore (I am playing as Portugal) ask for peace and to become protector and some monies. Thats a first for that ever.
    Last edited by rebirthofman; May 06, 2009 at 08:46 AM.

So by just getting rid of the campaign ai changes ships are back? Hmmm i gotta agree this is a gamebreaker atm. I dont know the ins and outs but perhaps untill this is definately sorted the ai changes should be removed from the mod itself. The game might suffer a bit but no ships = no game for me. I know quixote has tried to address the issue but it seems to no avail.

I'm not sure it's the CAI yet. People are reporting a fair number of new ships in the latest version. I personally have seen at least 3 large fleets that are new.

Thanks a lot!

I've run some tests with Vanilla CAI and I see a lot of new ships and all the trade spots are occupied - seems to work well.
    For now I'm staying with 1.074 with the small adjustments that I've made, but I'm looking forward to opinions about naval behaviour in 1.075.

Thanks again!

The IS CAI is building ships; in the first 2-3 turns while playing as the Maratha Confederacy, the Mughals, who started out with no ships, built about 4 ships.