Thread: A rather large Spanner in the works...which has been removed.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default A rather large Spanner in the works...which has been removed.

I can't download with orbit. Errors and some such drivel. Please help. Orbit is my only optin as I can't leave my computer on for 9 hours
    Scratch that, it's now working. Useless thread, I suppose. I know!! We'll make this thread for stupid mistakes you, or someone you know, has made! that's a good idea!
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; May 06, 2009 at 01:42 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: A rather large Spanner in the works...which has been removed.

stupid mistakes by me.:

1-leaving your capital exposed to a large sassanid force

2-letting said force's ladders get to the walls, allowing for multiple human wave attacks

3-imposing the worship of Al-ilah on Jerusalem

4-demanding the romans to become a protectorate.

5-try to assasinate the persian shah.

6-sent 300 cavalry straight into a roman ambush with 63-and lost

7-actually confronting a sassanid army in the field (I only win by stealth, cunning, and bribes).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

How about trying to build a pantheon to the trancendant one in Jerusalem to change the official religion, and forgetting to change the .txt document to make the pantheon have pagan converson, then changing it and have ur game cause CTDs all the time? Ah well, fixed in V3 i suppose!
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Gentlemen always be careful when modding folder's files, i do that but i learnt that when you read in the top of the .txt file "don't change anything by hand without using tools in this file" so you don't have to do it!! or you'll get lots of ctd!!! I touch onli file that i'm sure doesn't go to cause ctd, for example you can change units stats in EDU or units texts in text folder (edu,names,campaign ecc...files) without problems
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

No it only gave me grief when I tried to do it in the middle of a campaign. campaigns I start after editing work flawlessly (Except for evil twins) Also I don't know how to edit it by any way but by hand.