Thread: some trouble installing.

Icon9 some trouble installing.

I had a faulty download of TWTA. The shortcut on the desktop still popped up. So I open the program. the intro movie was correct, but everything else was unchanged from vanilla Medieval. (couldn't play the campaign and the custom battle only had the original races. and when you got to the battlefield there was no text on the ESC button menu.) I Have tried to install the partypack install. but when i attempt to extract it to its' correct location a message comes up saying that the files i'm trying to extract are corrupt(Winrar) or that it just can't extract them(7-zip) So I've decided that i will just uninstall the Mod and reinstall it.

Question is, how do i uninstall TWTA? I can't find it in the control panel/uninstall programs. So I've come here to plead for assistance. And also if you guys have a much better solution to my problem than I do, I'll be more than grateful for your opinion.

P.S. by the way, try speaking in very simple terms to me, as i am very unlearned of the art of computer.
    Last edited by Arkenvald; May 05, 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Default Re: some trouble installing.

have you got kingdoms installed?
    i would remove the folder by marking it and then pressing Delete

I do have kingdoms installed. I just did the more manual install of the two installs and the hotfix. still didn't want to work. it will start but everything is vanilla medieval 2 (not kingdoms for clarification its vanilla TW 2). when i go to the single player and select grand campaign, it will say "please select an item from the list."

I'll try deleting TWTA from the mod section of the program files and reinstalling. hopefully that will get it.

Also is Kingdoms supposed to be a part of the Medieval 2 total war file in the mods section. or is it supposed to be its own file in the sega file?
    Last edited by Arkenvald; May 06, 2009 at 05:22 PM.

sorry for the double post but i got it working. and i must say it is very well done, no sound on the campaign but there are threads for that. thanks for the help anyway gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenvald View Post
    sorry for the double post but i got it working. and i must say it is very well done, no sound on the campaign but there are threads for that. thanks for the help anyway gents.
    How did you get it working, Ark?

I have the same problem but I'm stumped!

I just deleted the mod and reinstalled using the seperate downloads from the Moddb site.

So just go to the program files/sega/Medieval total war 2/mods. find the third age mod file and delete it and everything that went with it.

then just reinstall with the links provided on the moddb site. (the rar file didn't want to download correctly so i just used the original download links.)