Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Oh sorry for my english...not the Dux, the other guy. I find disloyal Generals great to boost my field armies cavalry, if a proper General is watching them.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

A long time ago, in an alternate universe far far away...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    A mighty angry Sigisvultus unleashes his fury after being pushed around one time too many...

Ka... me... ha... me... HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While in the sleepy villas and villages of the newly conquered Germanic provinces, its inhabitants sleep safe and sound in the knowledge the mighty Legions of Rome and the Sextae look out for them even in the dark and foreboding nights.

Meanwhile, in the vast sandy deserts of Azerbaijan by the pebbled shores of the great Hyrcanian ocean, the unruly Kidarite hordes amass intent on plunder and rapine upon the fertile lands of the Persians, the vassals of Rome.

Without much effort, they are made to pay for what they've done.

While in other lands, the same battles wage time after time after time, as the Kidarite hosts push ever southwards towards the very heart of Khorasan.

Eventually, the mighty Legions of Rome itself are called upon to act as a mighty bulwark against their merciless aggression.

Though they too falter in facing such a ruthless and formidable enemy.

But they day is yet to be seen when Rome shall pay homage to such barbarians in defeat.

Elsewhere, liars, christians, embezzlers and the corrupt are given the vacation they have always wanted and which their corrupt and immoral ways afford them - an all expenses paid one way trip to the edge of the world:

And in such lands where the Persians have not wisely bowed the knee to Roman superiority, the great Flavius Claudius Julianus - long may he live - brings to them naught but the sword and the shackle...

... the medicine of rebuke...

... and the rod of chastisement.

In time, they too shall kneel before the might of Rome as others have before them, and perhaps even allowed to live, under Rome's always watchful gaze:

Or perhaps they shall swell our ranks as laeti, foederati and auxiliaries as these Gaelic warriors have, submitting to Rome's yoke in far away lands in service of the Empire.

But the Persians are a proud and arrogant race, and they find themselves foolishly thinking servitude does not become them. In our many battles against them, we pit even their own kinsmen and brothers against them, those who hath seen the light and the glory of Rome!

These men the divine Julianus sends first on his many sieges, making of them his assault troops, for what better men to shed the blood and stay the coils of the Persian snake than snake themselves? In this manner few are the losses of his own soldiers, true men and much too valuable to waste in such throwaway battles.

The siege of Shiraz proceeds as planned...

... and in the end, what remains of our Persian auxiliaries are honoured by the divine Julianus himself for the feats. For these four, the wine women and more wine still shall flow freely this night!

Sadly, not all our subjects are as valorous and subservient. In the conquered steppes, the subjugated Huns rise up in arms against us and throw out our garrisons and our governors. Rome is not long in responding and bringing them to heel.

And what better man than Aurelianus Victor and his elite Lanciarii legions?

Soon there is but silence in the Hun capital. Scores of these slit-eyed orientals lay dead in the streets, a morbid testament to the saying that if they bleed then they can be killed. The slaughter and lesson taught, the Lanciarii pull back from the city leaving the remains to the Hun chieftain who now understands his place and the price of defiance.

And speaking of defiance, the once valorous Quinta Macedonica, victor of many wars and veterans of many campaigns, are apparently led astray by the hollow gilded words of a traitor and promptly declare him Imperator.

Sadly, this means they meet their end rather quickly at the hands of our more loyal Ghassanid and Hunnic foederati troops...

... shooting at them from the distance with their bows and their javelins, never once looking these treacherous soldiers in the eyes as they are all dispatched...

... until none are standing and once more there is only silence on the steppes.

Meanwhile, at the extremes of Africa Occidentalis and well beyond the Pillars of Hercules, the Legions of Rome pursue a band of cunning Mauretanian rebels to the very ends of the earth and the great flatness, an expanse which the seers say was once and only too recently covered by the vastness of an ocean, which has itself receded miraculously as a portentous sign of the Gods themselves that even the limits of the earth are removed so that the Romans may reign supreme. It is said beyond this great seabed lies yet another continent, ripe for the plunder with its verdant jungles and stone worshipping barbarians with no knowledge of metal or horse.

While in more distant shores of the Nordic fjords, lochs and glens, the fastidious men of the Roman Navy toil in the cold weather to teach the backwards barbarians of these lands the meaning of pain as bolts and projectiles and unleashed into their general direction.

And lastly, the siege of Daragberd - led by the ever impetuous and strong-headed Nectaridius Flavius Iuniore, brother to the even more strong-headed Nectaridius Flavius Seniore, both sons to the divine Julianus - long may he reign - struggles with a surprise sally unto his faltering siege:

Yet, with few reinforcements from his divine father, blessed is his Herculean vitality and his Jovian countenance, they only just manage to turn certain defeat...

... into glorious victory, as the perfidious Persians are led astray by a small troop of cavalry while another shoots at it from behind, the confused pig-dogs being shepherded into death like the sheep they are...

... while the divine Julianus and his progeny watch in amazement and share a good father-son laugh as they are destroyed.

And peace reigns supreme once again.

Last edited by Knonfoda; June 24, 2013 at 08:05 AM.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Awesome! (coughs . . .)

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Fantastic Knon! even if my new super-powerful-holy Divine Machine takes a while to open all these pics, they are gigantic....well done!

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

That's amazing mate.Really enthicing to read.Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Awesome! (coughs . . .)
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Fantastic Knon! even if my new super-powerful-holy Divine Machine takes a while to open all these pics, they are gigantic....well done!
    Given the images are high res and about 5mb each your internet will have more of an effect on how long they take to load as opposed to your PC. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Predator View Post
    That's amazing mate.Really enthicing to read.Great job.
    Thanks! I'm sure I've got an AAR just like it lying around the place somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    I see what you did there
    I think I do but I'm not sure? Could it be a reference to the fact that you basically jacked this from your AAR?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    I think I do but I'm not sure? Could it be a reference to the fact that you basically jacked this from your AAR?
    You must be mistaken, there is no connection whatsoever between this and my AAR. True, I may have borrowed heavily from stylistic elements and manner of writing, formatting, tone, characters and so on, but besides that, nada!

I'm also surprised I must have read over the title half a dozen times before realising I wrote "alternative" rather than "alternate" which was always my intention.

Basileos Predator's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks! I'm sure I've got an AAR just like it lying around the place somewhere...
    I know it, i've read it all ,from start to finish , and it is a fantastic job, but , unlike my IBFD AAR, you really pushed the boundries of the empire "to the end of the world and beyond".
    Great job again.
    Cheers!

(Edit:The Episode CLXXIX: The Battle Of Mursa – Part IIII: Rem Ad Triarios Redisse : this battle was a masterpiece.Fantastic!!!).

So here is some screenshots from the third IB:SAI online battle with SBH. In this one I finally win.

I just decided to simply make an album instead of posting each image on here.

Enjoy!

http://imgur.com/a/U2EZg#0
    炸鸡

It was a great battle and the victory went to the superior player!

What I find quite weird is that some Comitatenses have different sword animations like how some use RS2's/Signifier's Roman short swordsman animations while some use Signifier's swordsman animation.
    炸鸡

To anybody who likes to add mini stories to their screenshots, tactical analysis', army builds, basic strategy, etc. I highly encourage any wanderer to view the favorite army compositions thread if they're new to IB.

Of course this is promotion... This thread is still great with its good pictures but if you're more into what I said above you'll enjoy the analysis' with the screenshots also.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

In this beginning of the 24th of our Master Constantius II, the Vandal horde leaded by the King Boiocalus and his brother Nasua crossed the Empire border, asking for land to settle themselves. Dark days are about to come while Emperor, victorious on the East was preparing to put back the West in order, currently devastated by the Franks as the Caesar Julianus was unable to protect the limes.

Four months Earlier Constantius II declared the crisis ended in his part and proclaimed a returned of taxes into normal level after years and years of war special taxes to defend the Empire violently attacked at every border and shaken by usurpations. The Illyricum was safe again and only Quades and Iazyges were raiding in Pannnonia but always repulsed and suffering heavy lost to the Roman Legions. In the East Persians and Lakhmides are kept in check although the first one met some success and capture Carrhae due to internal strife while the Armenian did the same on Singara. Still everywhere the Imperial Armies have been re-established, Limes Garrisons strengthened. At the same time the economy was improving particularly in Macedonia and Greece as order has been re-established. On a darker not an outbreak of plague killed half of Constantinople populations but was fortunately confined to this single city. Following it Constantius II ordered the establishment of more charity offices and promote the multiplication of sanitary infrastructures, including Hospitals directly financed by the state to help the poorer citizens.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; February 22, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

Julianus unable to protect the limes? Sad days! Great update, there and I look forward to further updates.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Ho I glad you appreciate the screenshots. Thanks. Lets continue.

--- --- ---

Our Master Constantius II initially went to the West in order to assist his Caesar who came recently into great difficulties. That was for the official part and indeed hold some truth. But the main reason why His Majesty did not just sent an army but went Himself with so many forces was to clarify his relationship with his Caesar Julianus as a result of previous incidents with his Caesar. Incidents that result with the confiscation of Mediolanum from the control of Julianus.

Here is the report of the forces initially mobilized and their leaders for his travel to the West :

What followed was an utmost tragedy. As the Caesar refused to present himself to our Imperator or even reply to his demand. Correspondence between has been limited since the previous incidents and was non-existent in the last months. With reasons ... So our Master decided to penetrate in force into the territories of his Caesar but met resistance from the officials of the West. Resistance that soon degenerate into open armed combat. Arleate was soon taken by Constantius II himself after a brief but fierce resistance. This allowed the armies of Illyricum and Thracia to occupy respectively Lugdunum and Argentoratum with little resistance. On the opposite Tolosa and its surrounding has been the theatre of heavy fighting. The Forces of the Patricius Nebridius were surrounded and and destroyed with almost no survivors. The Patricius was killed during the last stand of his forces. Three months after, the Comites Rei Militaris Illycrium Avitus Appuleius successfully took by surprise the same enemy forces concentrated during an assault on the camp by night, leaving little survivors and then quickly assault Tolosa after two breach were created via sape works.

Here is the report of the few survivors of Nebridius Forces :

And Tolosa about to fall :

At the same times the Comes Aegypti land near Carthago Nova. What there he the official Nevita who presented himself as the August of the West. The man was defeated on the field, besieged and killed when loyalist forces took the City. Carthago Nova was pillage and its Citizen deported.

Interrogatories of prissoners and Spies deployed in Gaul reveal that the Caesar Julianus has been betrayed at the the begining of the Frankish invasion. Large part of the Gallic Army were either corrupted to desert or attacked and killed by the plotters forces. What was left of Julianus forces gathered at Augusta-Treveronum and sustained a great siege but was finally defeated by the Frankish hordes. THis report have been confirmed by a few loyalists Gallic soldiers who escaped both the usurper's forces and the Franks. It has also be noticed that the vast majorities of Roman forces faced during this ongoing civil war were Hispanic forces. Indeed all Comitenses units were Hispanic while no Gallic Comitenses or Palatina forces have been faced.

The current situation is a pause of military actions as the second half of Autumn is beginning. Constantius II and his close council have determined the City of Tarraco to be the next target as a mean to connect the Comes Egyptia forces with the main army. Corduba will be the ultimate target of the future year offensive with the expected result to cripple the usurpers military capacity.

The current situation in Gaul is the Franks occupying or raiding freely Germania Prima, Germania Secunda, Belgica, Lugdinensis Prima and Aquitania Prima. The Gallic aristocracy have raised troops from its own ressource and for now attempted to clear the province of Lugdinensis from Franks warbands.

Overall situation in Gaul :

Finally rumours says that Britannia Prima et Secunda is at the mercy of Franks raiders.

On a side note, Constantinople saw the end of the construction of the new fortifications commanded by the divine Constantius II. The city of his father is now protected by one of the most imposing Walls of the World. During this year the city has slowly recover from the Plague and regain some of its population. Partly due to Gallic refuges fleeing the chaos of their natal region.

And to return to the Vandals who were previously the immediate source of concerns, they have been convinced to wage war against the Quadis and granted the friendship of Rome and its support. However the war have been indecisive until now and occasional Quadi raided happened during this year.

Another great update - interesting to see a Constantius campaign moving westwards as it would have done in real life had he not died!

Yes I agree beautiful story, the poor Constantius needed some care, he killed 98% of his own family but this it was what he had learnt from his dad so, ... poor man, only the disease (hydropsy? heart? cancer? His daughter was killed by cancer, I've read something about his desease but it's gone ...) stopped him on his triumphal march towards Gaul ...

In my opinion who takes Sirmium wins the Campaign in Europe, probably it's the most clear key point of all the TW games I played, and probably this feature it's also historically accurate.

Anyway compliments, good work! I'll follow closely the evolution of this AAR.

I'm here only to say that I've won the 'Pic of the Week' of TWC with this screen from my Procopius Campaign: Do you understand?

IN THE AGE OF ROME2, 'SOMNIUM APOSTATAE JULIANI' STILL WINS!

This should have a meaning, shouldn't it?

Diocle - what a wonderful pic. The atmosphere is astonishing. I love the moody feel to it - there is a sense of forboding in it that really brings out a dramatic feel here!