Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Default Re: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Thank you Diocle for your words. I humbly say it is because of the foolishness of my enemies and my own genius mind that is responsible of my success.Now as promised,the Limes on the Danube and the battle of Al-Hirah.

Look at the name....I got the curse too !

The death of the new Constantine ( Or Aureliannus for Diocle )

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Wow, that's a lot of ships. Persian D-Day anyone?

And yes, Nectaridius and his progeny will rule for a thousand years! Really nice pics Diocletianus. When will we see the AAR then?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Really wonderful work here 'Diocletianus' (wonderful nik!!)

Knon, what do you think? I like the angles from which Diocletianus take his screenshots! I already said this on his AAR for MIITW, the angles of the sketches are truly epic!!! Diocletianus you are a good photographer!!!.....+rep!!!!

Guys, Knon & Diocletianus, it would be magnificent see an AAR in which each of you take Valens or Valentininus and we, the readers, could watch your struggle for the Empire!! Bloody battles, terrible sieges, epicness at the top!!! ....really a dream!!

Sorry guys but this is for Knon, who is persecuted by the Nectaridius kids!! so here for you all my dear friend a little of topic song:

'The Nectaridius' song'!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hah, you call that a lot of ships? That's not a lot of ships...THIS is a lot of ships....

This was my Quadi save on 3.0 that I wrote an AAR about a couple of years back and was not the only completely weird event that happened...the entirety of the Quadi heirachy converted to Zoroastrianism!

Oh yeah, I thought I might add this one too...see if you can spot what's wrong with the picture (its not that hard)

Last edited by Justinian Australis; March 29, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Indefinitely Banned

Diplomat assassin, lol.

A diplomat with a talent for assassination... Could be beneficial for my future cause.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks like an interesting campaign.

I'm wrong if I say that we would not see all those ships using Alex exe?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Julian´s Field Army

This actualy bellong to two distinct battles on the same bridge but i wanted to try out for a short story so...

361 AD – Danube Border
    A chill wind blew on the margins of the river on that day. After urgent messages of warning the emperor Julian had brought his field army with the aim of intercepting an invading Quadi tribe.
    For weeks their rout was followed and it had come to this. This bridge had to be crossed in order for them to invade our lands. This bridge had to be defended in order for them not to. Do or die. The tribe had no supplies left to look for another path, the Quadi commander needed to make a decision. As we noticed the tribe advance the Emperor deployed our army in our side of the river.
    The phalanx was deployed several ranks deep with the heavy armored front rankers supported by lighter armed infantryman equipped with verutas and lanceas. At the last ranks archers were ready. Our emperor kept two cuneos in reserve and deployed equites sagitari in both sides of the phalanx in order to guard the river and abort any attempt to cross. Swimmers would feed the fish. The heavy cavalry was held back in reserve. We waited.

In the front ranks Marcus watched the massed tribe moving on the bridge and wonder how did life managed to take him from his origins in Iberia to this moment. A pedes belonging to the Herculiani for one year now this was to be his first battle. His prowess demonstrated in training earned him the first line. Right now this seemed a dubious honor as the cries of the barbarians reached is hears. Nervously the young boy checked his equipment trying to keep his mind away from what was about to happen. The shield, the plumbatae, his spatha, the laces of the mail were checked again and again. The commotion on the stomach was ignored. “Please, don’t let me throw up, not now” he thought in desperation. A few sounds around them revealed that if he did, he wouldn’t be the first.

-It will start soon now. - Almost in a whisper, said Rutilius right next to him. A veteran from Strasbourg, he was watching the approach of the tribe as if it were a parade of some kind.
    -Remember boy, keep your shield up, and stay sharp next to me. If we live trough this maybe we will be richer man tomorrow. Leave my side to run and i will kill you myself and then you will have nothing to fear from my countrymen. - He added as if he was joking. Marcus looked on the big Germanic man and replied sharply-Don’t worry I will wait for you to be hacked by one of those guys, before fleeing.
    -AH, little man if I fall then you will already be dead. -Said Rutilius smiling -so let us both try to get out of this alive.-Remember-said the Ducenarius, - Silence, observe orders, do not worry, keep your position and follow the standard. Do not leave the standard to pursue the enemy. You have been trained for this. Those barbarians ahead are many but they have no training, no armor. Commilitiones If you keep the line we will win. We will kill them and take their loot. After this they will scatter like wind. Here they come. CLOSE RANKS AND HOLD YOUR GROUND!

Shield front and sword on the right Marcus assumed his position on the shield wall. The barritus of the Quadi echoed in his ears and the legion replied in the same manner. Warlords danced in front of their man teasing and showing their prowess like heroes of hold. And suddenly in began. The Quadi rushed on the bridge and Julian ordered the archers to fire.

The light cavalry of the Quadi took stormed the bridge under a rain of fire and steal hitting men, maiming horses, causing havoc in what had been a powerful charge. The few that reached the infantry line were cut to pieces or fled in terror.

All was happening fast in front of Marcus eyes as he fought to maintain control of his body ordering him to run away. The heavy horse and the infantry were now following eager to avenge their tribesman. The Ducenarius shouted-Plumbatae ready….THROW. The front ranks threw their darts followed by the javelins of the following ranks. It was chaos.

Deprived of armor or protection other than a few helmets and shields, the Quadi infantry suffered losses in masse. Their better protected cavalry suffered but still charged the line.-HOLD THE LINE NOW, GET READY! -As the Quadi charged the line Marcus thought it was over. But the horses wouldn’t charge the solid mass of infantry and the momentum was lost.

The fight expanded trough the line as the riders looked for a gap where to push. Marcus and Rutilius were now in a fight for their survival. Holding is ground Marcus exchanged blown with the enemy in front of them. A rider tried to hit him with a spear blow. Crouching while raising his shield, Marcus felt the impact reaching his arm. Thrusting is sword he hit the exposed leg of the rider. As the rider tried to flee Rutilius spatha was on his flank and the Quadi fell. As he looked for a new enemy, the pedes on his right jerked when an arrow pierced is throat. A huge Quadi bearing an axe threw a slashing cut on Rutilius. Rutilius blocked it with his shield splintering it on the process. As the warrior raised his axe for a new strike, Marcus hit him with the shield and finished him with a thrust of his sword.

On their backs Julian was following the battle closely. All was going well but infantry was crossing the shallows of the river. Quickly he sent a messenger ordering the Equites Sagitari to attack this new threat. Then seeing that the Quadi charged was losing ground he said to his staff -Let’s end this, order the reserves cuneos to charge their center and our lighter cavalry to pursue the routing enemy. The day is won. -As he watched the routing Quadi flee Julian himself charged with his Candidati in pursuit.

The battle was not at the end and two tired legionaries paused regaining their breath, while the Ducenarius and the Draconarius reformed the line. The fresh reserves after a brief pursuit of the enemy had been already called off leaving that task for the cavalry.
    -Is it over?-asked Marcus still gasping looking for air. -Yes, today it’s over.- Rutilius replied. -Come lets, tend our wounded and then we will try to find some valuable loot among all this, drink some wine because today we won and today we are alive.
    As they returned to the line, Rutillius added -Oh and try to find a nice helmet in all this will you? Mine took a huge dent.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Sertorio you are great!! +rep!!!

I´m glad you liked it.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Nice pics fellas

looking up to post mine when I Don't have to make an average repeat of 2 times for each battle, big thanks to Loading-screen crashes

I Am still in the 3rd turns, the empire is collapsing, Riots, Riots everywhere, as you can predict I am the Romani, Already bankrupt (I Think the number was 30,000-...) Most cities on low tax for happiness, disbanded as much dudes as possible, in a violent war with the Lazyges, I Have pulled 3 legions against them, all of them are already badly beaten up after anihilating 2 Quadi Armies, I am besieging Campvs Lazyges, they are trying to relief it with a bigger army, I Beat them in that battle but I Crashed, I Will redo it now. Many cities Revolted, Particularly in africa, a bunch in illyria and a Romano-british City. I am suffering stagnation. My first goal was to secure italy and keep it, I managed to do so, all my content cities are being taxed to the limit and I am trying to make effective use of the Lime system. I Abandoned several fronts in my frankish fontiers, I Expect them to invade soon, all of my enemies have full stacks all over, I Sent a large army to invade persia, Julian is still in Constantinople. I intend to single-handedly and manually Win the war against the Persians, I think it will be smiple with 4 fullstacks but every soldier matters, I Have zero cash and can't retrain anything

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

I tend to find disbanding units at the start of the game to be a bad move; you're going to go into the red anyways, and then there will be no way of retraining or even training up men, and its going to be in the 10+ turns that you are really going to need them. Disband fleets instead. Sack rebel cities and large Persian ones (for monies!) and create lines of forts if you have to slow down a horde, each with a tiny garrison, so they must attack each fort in turn, like a bottleneck, while you muster your main armies. Choose one religion for the empire (for public order's sake) and when you do have money, invest in roads, ports, markets and mines. You'll be out of the red soon enough!
    Last edited by Knonfoda; September 23, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Far over the misty mountains cold.
    To dungeons deep, and caverns old.
    The pines were roaring on the height.
    The winds were moaning in the night.
    The fire was red, it flaming spread.
    The trees like torchers blazed with light.

Dead Franks!
    Last edited by Gandalfus; December 19, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

well, I haven't posted anything (AFAIK) of my own material, but I will post the result of a recent battle my brother fought against the Goths (he plays as the Emperor himself, against the Goths--361 campaign, 12 tpy).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

6800 dead is really something:

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by hannibalbarca13 View Post
    6800 dead is really something:
    that's not even his best battle: apparently, he faced off against 5 or 6 full stacks--and somehow, someway, won. he didn't even get more than 20% losses (so about what he took in this above battle).

he also whipped the provinces in line, losing only 5 from rebellion (he also ceded a part of the Rhineland to calm the franks), of which 4 have since been reconquered (the last apparently is/was waiting on him dealing with the twin threats of the saxons and picts, in about the area of Cornwall). no, don't ask me what he did--I'm left thinking wtf, as he doesn't use cheats (he doesn't know any), and he's chronically running round.

and with all the fighting, he actually finds the game to be singularly unchallenging.... (he's a bit of a prodigy).
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

That's pretty sweet.

In 363 AD, in order to relieve a siege by the Alamanni in Emerita-Augusta, Syagrius Cincius, young Dux Belgicae Secundae, leads a field army composed by the Flavia Vitrix and Palatinae Auxilia into Alamanni lands threatening Crasnodar and Vicus Alamanni. The barbarians send an army to check the advance that culminates in this glorious downhill charge by the young Dux, a Scholae General (disloyal and under close observation), two Catrafactari and three Scutari Cavalry units.
    The young Dux

The charge...

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Great pics! He looks pretty loyal to me, though!