Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Sthilico's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

There is no record of the image of Hercules could have on the shield, but then yes, actually in the third century AD, the image of Herculiani sources say was an image of Hercules, and the Joviani, one of Jovius (Zeus).
    Later, with Constantine's civil wars, probably end up switching to the black eagle which includes the Notitia, until Julian's re-introduced, and finally put Valente and Valentinian again, and finally, the eagle (as I recall)
    Thanks!
    Anyway long ago I suggested the same image but nobody paid any...

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Sthilico View Post
    There is no record of the image of Hercules could have on the shield, but then yes, actually in the third century AD, the image of Herculiani sources say was an image of Hercules, and the Joviani, one of Jovius (Zeus).
    Later, with Constantine's civil wars, probably end up switching to the black eagle which includes the Notitia, until Julian's re-introduced, and finally put Valente and Valentinian again, and finally, the eagle (as I recall)
    Thanks!
    Anyway long ago I suggested the same image but nobody paid any...
    Are you able to give the Ammanius reference?

Sthilico's Avatar Laetus

Ok, today and tomorrow look for the quote in the book =)
    (Anyway, before you put it previously, as was intended, only my copy is 900 pages, and how to remember where you understand that you can die ..... literally!)
    But even then I will look

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Doesn't anybody have any screen shots to share with others??

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

I posted mine a while ago, i dont know if you saw them JH, but i can get more if you like?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

This is a great mod, congratulations.
    A few pics of my field armies in the beginning of the Julian campaign

Herculiani fighting the Quadi.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legio Palatinae Iulianus fighting Roman Rebels.

Tertia Iulia Alpina fighting the Goths.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Nice ones!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I love the old Trtia Julia Alpina!!!! Great screens!!!

Ok, so I've been playing a bit of the Procopius campaign of late...

So far we have begun driving the Quadi out of Roman lands, with the way lead by a Quadi turncoat Sesithacus who is so good that he was appointed Magister Militum and in turn displaced Procopius' faction heir Silvianus as the leader of the army...due to a rampaging economy I've been able to buy off quite a few Quadi stacks and utilize their traitorous generals as fort commanders and the like. Valentinianus only just recently declared war on us and right now Aquelia is about to feel the force of Alaric and his foederati Gothic army (I just go beyond the Danube and hire all the mercs I can to simulate the foederati aspect)

Here the man of the moment Procopius is venturing towards Antiochia with Tarsus in his sights. Procopius has fought so many battles, all his men are elite veterans and smash all before them. It's been actually quite tough against Valens, who has been sending stack after stack though mostly comprised of those Persian spearmen and equites auxiliia. Lost Caesarea Mazaca three times and Sinope once to counter attacks but I think now that we are getting the upper hand.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Awesome campaign there Justinian. Keep us posted!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Yes, good pics, too! Thanks for sharing.

Very, very good pics! Thanks!

In my Procopius campaign I took Sirmio and I did not find a great resistence by the troops of the usurper Valentinian , in the East I remain on my borders, not money nor troops to fight on two fronts!

Justinian Australis I noticed that your Auxila Palatina have two golden chevrons!!! They are very good troops but with two golden chevrons they are like Space Marines' Terminators!!!!!
    Last edited by Diocle; March 11, 2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: error in name

Sorry duble post! Bad connection!

Valentinian Australis
    Who's that? I only have heard of a Justinian...
    Yeah on my procopius campaign I am recruiting domestici to replace the legions you start with that you can't retrain., the quadi have driven valentinian out of the danube and the Gallic frontier is collapsing. The great procopius (me ) will drive out the quadi and restore order to his rightful empire! .
    And good luck on your campaign Justinian, your legions are like juggernauts with all those chevrons

Thanks GloriousG! My mistake! Hating both the historical Valentinian and Justinian I exchanged their names!

I have a serious problem with Procopius: his son! the name of the guy is Sebastianus!... and he is the legitimate heir to the throne! I simply can't tolerate a Roman Emperor named Sebastianus! It might be a good name, but not for an Emperor of Rome!
    The boy is pagan, has good traits it is almost perfect!.....but the name!!

Now, one of the daughters of Procopius (He has two daughters) married a good man, a true soldier, a good general, with a good Roman Name, but he is an Arian christian!!

......I was thinking to send the young Sebastianus on a long Mediterranean Cruise, on a beautiful, well painted and furnished liburna! (The fleets of Valens are countless!).

In this way 1) I could estinguish the poisoned and rotten blood line of Constantine (ut eum dii deaeque perdant!), 2) I could have an Arian Emperor that in my twisted plans could be useful to find an agreement with Valens (Arian!), 3) and finally eliminate the usurper Valentinianus! with a good four star general as heir!

Then I'll think to the other Mafia brother!

Now I'll add a screen from my campaign, to honor these good old loyal Limitanei Legionaries, they saved Procopius from a full scale attack from Visigoths while he was going to take Sirmium, pushing back three time, the germanic scum!

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Similar to you, I have a boy (the son of Julian) that is called 'Nectaridius' - what a positively awful name. Now get this, Julian, against all odds and then some, has a SECOND boy. Guess what he decides to call him? Nectaridius too... wonderful, just wonderful.

Well, sorry I do not want criticize the BEST MOD IN THE HISORY OF RTW....but these are ... names!!

Sorry I tray always to be honest, I was educated by my parents to be myself, now they are no more, but I cannot do anything else than say what I think: The Roman names are really a pain...!!!
    Sorry again! But I do not tolerate that my heir have a not Roman or (second choice) at least Roman-Greek name!!!

After the Fall any name is good: they were no more!

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

I know.. I mean, Nectaridius! Twice! Really?! Of all the names...

Yeah, what's with these new fangled late Roman era names eh? What's wrong with a good old fashion name like Maximus??
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Similar to you, I have a boy (the son of Julian) that is called 'Nectaridius' - what a positively awful name. Now get this, Julian, against all odds and then some, has a SECOND boy. Guess what he decides to call him? Nectaridius too... wonderful, just wonderful.
    You can rename your characters. And I'm not talking about renaming them before starting a campaign, but right when you're in the middle of it. It's very easy to do. When I used to play I did it all the time whenever someone showed up with a name I didn't like. I also used to add "I", and "II" after them sometimes. And for example if I had an emperor named Leo, I would change the name of his son to Leontius and so on.