Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Diocle - what a wonderful pic. The atmosphere is astonishing. I love the moody feel to it - there is a sense of forboding in it that really brings out a dramatic feel here!
    Thanks, Nobilissimus!

As a side note may I add that probably you have forgotten you had already commented this pic, but I never forget your words, so, I've chosen this screen for the competition thinking: 'Well, if SBH, liked it, it should be good for sure!' ... Wise choice!

Anyway it's part of an AAR that is taking its shape in my perverted mind ... another tragic story.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I did? I am not surprised at my appreciation nor my senility!

Tis Holiness's Avatar Foederatus

Hello all, this is pretty much my frist campaign I have played on this mod in many many years. So far I am really enjoying it a lot more than I did previously as I have found that there are less CTD's this time.

Anyway, this is my campaign albeit 30 years into it.

On the start of the campaign I immediately abandoned north Africa and Britannia. In doing so I disbanded All the units in North Africa and the militia units in Britannia, the reason for that was to eradicate some expenditure. I also destroyed every single building in those cities so that my enemy wasn't able to capitalize on them but more importantly it gave me the coin I need to radically build up as many Sol Invictus temples as I could. It also paid for some recruitment issues.

Surprisingly, I was able to gather a very good army from Britannia and transport it over to the north of Gaul where luckily they managed to beat off a few Franks. After loosing those cities to the Roman rebels my economy did not suffer as much as I thought as I had been disbanding next to useless units throughout my empire especially Horse Archers as their upkeep was high.

As you can see on the picture, Julian has had his hands full and only after many many turns have I finally been able to defeat the Alamanni and taken their provinces! (Was a very tough call in many parts.) Another little surprise was seeing the north of Italia rebel! Naturally, It was only polite of me to bring them back into my fold (Which means Constantius looses income while I gain.).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-07-20_00001.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	668.0 KB 
ID:	310499
    The current plan (In simple forms) is thus: I will rally the majority of my armies and crush the Franks and once they have been subdued I will leave a garrison force on the Rhine to stop their raids and then re invade Britannia and take back what I abandoned (whilst crushing the Saxons and Picts in the process.

After all that, I do not think I will reinvade Africa, I do not want to spread my forces to thin and the religious tensions there/the Berbers will force a long and costly war. Therefore, Once my initial objectives are achieved I will gather my men in Northern Italia and launch a huge invasion against Constantius II (though I think he has died :S). I had better be quick though as I believe he has just made peace with the Sassinids.

Well, that is my plan...Doubt it'll all go to plan though and no doubt something will mess up!

Enjoy! - Zeno/Tis Holiness

Tis Holiness's Avatar Foederatus

Well I didn't really expect this. After a lengthy siege of Ravenna which finally came to an end, I got a little message saying that I now own all of the Italian Peninsula! They all defected to me, I'm not going to argue about it especially when Constantius II is still my ally (Though he probably will turn against me now). The added income will be lovely! (They also gave me approx 60,000 denarii. full of win).

A few problems come from this, I don't really have any army in Italia, and the whole place is totally Christian whereas all my areas are now faithfully under their ancestors gods. Seems like they'll be revolting before long. Yay and nay!

Name:	2014-07-20_00002.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	710.7 KB 
ID:	310502

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

The best moment will come when you shall decide what to do:

Attacking Persia like Alexander did? or building a strong and solid Empire and maybe a new Pagan Dynasty for Rome? ... or both as Knonfoda did so well?

Side note: post more Tis, so I can give you some working rep!

Wow, 358 AD and your already swimming in the denarii, though I'd imagine that most of that was the 'donative' or whatever you want to call it, from taking Italia. Good work!

Doesn't look as if the peninsula will riot any time soon, seeing as most are suffering population decrease but with so much cash, then get them pagan temples cranking!

Personally I never though to do any disbanding of troops and seceding territory but doesn't appear to have done any harm. Those horse archers though are pretty cool, even if expensive...I used them against the Franks to devastating effect, usually having two units per army where I could. Anyway, as Diocle said....MOAR PICS!
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

They never get to be old news, do they?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Shout out to the graphic mod. battle vs Alemanni with one of my doomsarmy (all cavarchers) Ref strat->here

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    battle with Big Dipper

Name:	bandicam 2021-10-14 10-35-02-542.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	892.9 KB 
ID:	365903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2021-10-14 10-35-17-464.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	816.4 KB 
ID:	365904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2021-11-03 12-43-08-320.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	365905

The Roman Empire is reborn!

[from
    1108 A.U.C[355 AD] Emperor Julian has reunited the Empire!
    ]
    [I use economic sub mod(buildings are too expensive ), i only edited the pagan into polytheist or polytheism and Neo platonic Pagan to Neoplatonism or Neoplatonist.]
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; November 03, 2021 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus View Post
    use economic sub mod(buildings are too expensive
    Maybe. Or maybe you need to book them with a tech savvy, constructor freak general with lots of architect retinues: ->LINK to guide.
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Greetings to all. I don't speak English, but I wanted to know:
    You can modify the MINIMAL_UI option so that the entire panel can be seen on the battlefield, I tried it and it didn't work, I'm not interested in the panoramic view, sorry for the impertinence.