Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Situation Nicomedia:
    Vadomarius lays seige on Nicomedia with an nearly full stack army. In Nicomedia Vitalianus with 2 Milites units is situated. Rumitalca attacks Vadomarius with an nearly full stack army. Playing the battle Vadomarius is victorius and nearly all units of Rumitalca and Vitalius are destroyed. Rumitalca and Vitalius died on battlefield. After battle summary and at returning to campaign modus -> CTD.

Situation Constantinople:
    Vadomarius lays seige on Constantinople with a nearly full stack army (Palatian auxiliaries). In Constantinople is only Procopius Flavius' unit. Nearby is an army with only one Auxiliary cavalry unit and an army only with Araxius. Playing the seige battle Wadomarius is victorius. Procopius and Araxius die in Constantinople. All Prokop's units are destroyed. After battle summary and at returning to campaign modus -> CTD.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by $Arminius1 View Post
    Situation Nicomedia:
    Vadomarius lays seige on Nicomedia with an nearly full stack army. In Nicomedia Vitalianus with 2 Milites units is situated. Rumitalca attacks Vadomarius with an nearly full stack army. Playing the battle Vadomarius is victorius and nearly all units of Rumitalca and Vitalius are destroyed. Rumitalca and Vitalius died on battlefield. After battle summary and at returning to campaign modus -> CTD.

Situation Constantinople:
    Vadomarius lays seige on Constantinople with a nearly full stack army (Palatian auxiliaries). In Constantinople is only Procopius Flavius' unit. Nearby is an army with only one Auxiliary cavalry unit and an army only with Araxius. Playing the seige battle Wadomarius is victorius. Procopius and Araxius die in Constantinople. All Prokop's units are destroyed. After battle summary and at returning to campaign modus -> CTD.
    So there were no duplicates then. I assume that you have included the Patch 2a? This includes the corrections to the Equites Stablesiani sprites. Alot of Roman Generals use this unit as their bodyguard. If you have included this patch, then I'm assuming a memory issue. This seems to happen when very large battles are fought.

I have installed Patch 2a in a new and separated IJ fodler. It doesn't fix the CTD. For me it does not looks like one of the known memory problems.
    I guess it could be something around "deleted army stacks after decisive defeats" - "killed characters - character traits - characters in settlements".
    Unfortunately this CTDs make it impossible for me to play Valens in 355 campaign. I loved Valens on his white horse and his bodyguard with christian shield patterns.
    Additionally I missed the loyality bar in character windows in 355 campaign (It is in 361 and 365 campaign.).
    Nevertheless excellent work! Can't wait for final version.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by $Arminius1 View Post
    I have installed Patch 2a in a new and separated IJ fodler. It doesn't fix the CTD. For me it does not looks like one of the known memory problems.
    I guess it could be something around "deleted army stacks after decisive defeats" - "killed characters - character traits - characters in settlements".
    Unfortunately this CTDs make it impossible for me to play Valens in 355 campaign. I loved Valens on his white horse and his bodyguard with christian shield patterns.
    Additionally I missed the loyality bar in character windows in 355 campaign (It is in 361 and 365 campaign.).
    Nevertheless excellent work! Can't wait for final version.
    Same problems to me with 361 Julian's campaign, haven't been able to solve so i'm now playing 355 Julian's campaign on a new fresh install...
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

I'm playing 365 AD campaign and I haven't had any CTD's so far. Granted, I'm a slow player (I'm in the year 369 AD), but it has been pretty stable. The only thing is that the loading times before and after a battle are long. Probably because the unlimited men option is on, I don't know.

Art by Joar

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Now it's 375AD and Armenian's Campaign (261AD with VH/VH setup) is well developping. Jus a couple of CTD's, but due to ram issues probably , because once restarted I didn't have CTD's again.
    Great Job !

ayeaye Sir

For me it's now 370AD in my 355AD campaign. The only CTD's that I have had have been in relation to existing battles, and only when there have been huge battles, but these have been rare. I am inclined to think on the whole it is a computer hardware issue. Don't forget the default is for unlimited men. My understanding is that this can cause memory issues for some computers. Of course you can always change the settings back.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Could be for weaker computers but mine is quad-core 2,4 Ghz/4 Gigs RAM and 512MB videocard...don't think my CTD where caused from hardware issues...
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    Could be for weaker computers but mine is quad-core 2,4 Ghz/4 Gigs RAM and 512MB videocard...don't think my CTD where caused from hardware issues...
    Thn, I'm afraid I am at a loss. If anyone else can shed light on this I would be extremely grateful

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I re-installed IJ3 plus patches as I was encountering a lot of CTDs after campaign battles and now I can't even launch the mod at all despite a further 3 re-installs with patches . . . Very odd. I get the launch screen with the default campaign and then it always crashes to desktop. My last attempt was today and now I am very much in need of a IJ fix!!!!

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    I re-installed IJ3 plus patches as I was encountering a lot of CTDs after campaign battles and now I can't even launch the mod at all despite a further 3 re-installs with patches . . . Very odd. I get the launch screen with the default campaign and then it always crashes to desktop. My last attempt was today and now I am very much in need of a IJ fix!!!!
    Have you installed beta2 plus patch 2a??? so i think i know what's your problem, have you installed "IB strat map models" in OPTIONS folder?? If yes all you have to do is removing that option and reinstall vanilla's strat map models, then campaign should run well, i made same experience.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Ah, right. I will try that now and report back soon! Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Ah, right. I will try that now and report back soon! Thanks for the advice!
    Yes, you need to have the IJV3.0 BETA 2 install plus the IJV3.0 Beta Patch 2a. It should work fine then.

For those of you that are having "RAM related" CTDs that have 3 or 4 GB of RAM, you're correct, it's not your hardware, but, if you are running a 32 bit version of XP or earlier, there is a problem where applications can't address more than 2GB of RAM. This is what usually causes those crashes after a huge battle. I had this same problem in EB, and waiting for 20-30 seconds after the results screen pops up to reload the campaign map helped, it also seems to be working with this mod, since I haven't had any post-battle CTDs yet (knocking on wood). This lets some of the RAM "clear out" so the campaign map can load. This post over at the .org also has some good suggestions that may help. Obviously, just use the ones that are general to PCs, not the EB specific ones.

I continually get a North African CTD when I go to enter battle. I've had to auto resolve every battle in North Africa with the Berbers and Rom Rebels. I was pretty sure I had it narrowed to the dark skinned auxiliaries but the Berbers attacked and I had the same issue. I've not been able to play a single battle in North Africa, unfortunately.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    I continually get a North African CTD when I go to enter battle. I've had to auto resolve every battle in North Africa with the Berbers and Rom Rebels. I was pretty sure I had it narrowed to the dark skinned auxiliaries but the Berbers attacked and I had the same issue. I've not been able to play a single battle in North Africa, unfortunately.
    I assume that you have installed IJV3.0 BETA Install 2 and the IJV3.0 Beta 2a patch?

Yes sir I'm all patched up
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    Yes sir I'm all patched up
    Any chance of pictures or sending me your savedgame. BTW, which campaign are you playing?

Hi Julianus, i got a error message in a 355 campaign when imperium julianorum (me) enter in a battle with a pictish stack in Caledonia: when it loads the battle i got this message

FAILED TO FIND TEXTURE IJ/DATA/MODELS_UNIT_PICTISH_HUNTSMAN.TGA

i hope you can fix that because i want really to continue this beautiful campaign
    your mod is great!

Quote Originally Posted by CANU NICOLA View Post
    Hi Julianus, i got a error message in a 355 campaign when imperium julianorum (me) enter in a battle with a pictish stack in Caledonia: when it loads the battle i got this message

FAILED TO FIND TEXTURE IJ/DATA/MODELS_UNIT_PICTISH_HUNTSMAN.TGA

i hope you can fix that because i want really to continue this beautiful campaign
    your mod is great!
    Ah yes, the missing texture file for the Mercenary Gaelic Crossbowmen. I will incorporate the fix in the next patch but in the meantime copy and paste the following entry into your descr_model_battle.txt file over the existing celtic_crossbowmen one:

type celtic_crossbowmen
    skeleton fs_crossbow, fs_dagger
    indiv_range 40
    texture slave, IJ/data/models_unit/textures/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.tga
    texture merc, IJ/data/models_unit/textures/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.tga
    texture celts, IJ/data/models_unit/textures/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.tga
    model_flexi IJ/data/models_unit/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.cas, 15
    model_flexi IJ/data/models_unit/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.cas, 30
    model_flexi IJ/data/models_unit/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.cas, 40
    model_flexi IJ/data/models_unit/IJ_AR_unit_pictish_huntsman.cas, max
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, IJ/data/sprites/slave_celtic_crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    model_sprite merc, 60.0, IJ/data/sprites/slave_celtic_crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    model_sprite celts, 60.0, IJ/data/sprites/celts_celtic_crossbowmen_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

Then you will be able to continue.

Cheers