Page 6 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Sorry guys, I just loaded the 365AD campaign, and when existing there was no error. My advise to delete your current Ij folder, saving any savedgames and reinstall the latest download. I know it can be a pain, but at least we are talking on the same page.

Cheers
    Moved the game on the net, killed the old folder where the previous version. Already there is no this error.
    The question is. Get your first patch installed, run the game ... and then depart. Again, the operation done, for your advice i himself manually.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    Alright, just started off a campaign as Procopius and am doing battle with one of Valens's stacks.

I load up the battle and, lo and behold...

"script error at line 4825, column 28"

"Cannot load IJ/data/models_unit/AR_BI_Officer Centarii_east_empire_cod1.cas"

Please help! I cannot play the battles.

(I also uninstalled and reinstalled when I got this error - to no avail)

EDIT: Whoops, guess this should go into CTD thread.
    Oh !!I tidied up the files and deleted all the old AR_BI files. Loks like I deleted one too many. This is why I released this as a BETA so people could find errors that I may have missed or made inadvertently.

In the meantime, go into your export_descr_unit.txt file, find "roman_tribuni1" and delete the line: officer roman_tribuni1.

Kep doing this until you found them all and deleted them. Then the battles will load. Please report any missing CAS, texture and sprites files that you may find.

I will repackage the mod and include the missing CAS file. Thanks for that.
    And why not put in a patch?
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 17, 2009 at 04:16 AM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    Moved the game on the net, killed the old folder where the previous version. Already there is no this error.
    Glad to hear it
    And why not put in a patch?
    Well I thought these were two major errors that needed correcting via a new install. The latest instal is IJV3.0 BETA 2, but there will only be patches from now on until I release the mod as a "final" version.

Cheers

until I release the mod as a "final" version.
    Any rough estimate when that will be?

P.S. I will be updating my memory by then, that will hopefully solve the problems I had.
    I did some research and 512 MB is probably too little.

Hey JH, didn't you say you got rid of the family members not in the family tree?
    As I can tell there are a lot of roman family members who are not in the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Hey JH, didn't you say you got rid of the family members not in the family tree?
    As I can tell there are a lot of roman family members who are not in the tree.
    That's true, but they all have wives. This will stop them being adopted by the Ai and becoming evil twins

That's true, but they all have wives. This will stop them being adopted by the Ai and becoming evil twins
    Oh, I didn't know that.

Hi, Installed this mod today and tried to play it. First in the main campaign 361 AD and without any optional installations. All went fine until I installed the 355 AD campaign, IB Modified Skymod, IJ strat map models, and IJV3.0 vegetation. When I started the campaign with Julian, the game crashed with this error:

Generic Error:
    Failed to find texture
    'IJ/data/models_unit/textures/RGyG_officer_centurion_east.tga'.
    Then I uninstalled the skymod, strat map models and vegetation to see if any of those were causing the problem. I tried again, but this time it kicked me back to main menu when trying to start campaign. When I exit I got this message:

Script Error in data/descr_character.txt , at line 52, column 20.

Unknown identifier romans_julii when faction name expected while processing type named character.

Quote Originally Posted by Praefectus praetorio View Post
    Hi, Installed this mod today and tried to play it. First in the main campaign 361 AD and without any optional installations. All went fine until I installed the 355 AD campaign, IB Modified Skymod, IJ strat map models, and IJV3.0 vegetation. When I started the campaign with Julian, the game crashed with this error:

Then I uninstalled the skymod, strat map models and vegetation to see if any of those were causing the problem. I tried again, but this time it kicked me back to main menu when trying to start campaign. When I exit I got this message:

OK, I think you will have to reinstall the mod again. The default comes with the IB modified Skymod, IJV3.0 vegetation and IJ Strat map models. I would like to know where the missing texture file came from. I think from the IJ strat map model.

I'll check it out.

Thanks

OK folks. I've found a potentially fatal bug. It belongs in the 355AD campaign only and involves the old evil twins. What has happened is that for both roman factions, I have given them basically the same family tree. As we know Julian and Constantius II are related. When a campaign starts these older family memebers are meant to be killed off which will give them a dead family history. But what seems to happen is that the kill "x" family characters seems to only affect the faction you are playing with.

For example, i am playing as Julian, so his family tree shows all of his dead relatives. What seems to happen is that the Constantius II faction's family tree is not killed and subsequently live on, without wives, which as we all know leads to the evil twin senario.

I will need to redo the descr_strat.txt file to correct this and include it in a new patch in the next couple of days. This of course means that anyone currently playing the 355AD campaign will have to start again, including me!!

Damn. But thanks, my campaign works again but I have noticed that when I use javelins (and also arrows(?)) without fire against enemy, they will be panicked by fire attack.

@ Praefectus praetorio: I totally agree with your signature. Those two are the best mods for RTW and BI (in my opinion of course) . BTW, you realize of course that your prefecture is only a civil office in this time frame, don't you? .

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    BTW, you realize of course that your prefecture is only a civil office in this time frame, don't you? .
    Yes, I know that. I am more interested about republican and principate era as well as third century crisis rather than late antique, but I found that IB is really good mod and I enjoy playing it. Atm Im looking forward to RO as 260-300 AD is one of my favorite eras.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi julianus heraclius,
    I downloaded the patch 1 and tried to install it over IJ 3.0 beta1, but I got this message:
    IB - SOMNIUM APOSTATE JULIANI BETA 3.0 has not been totall yinstalled because of the following reason:
    IJ\data\sprites\alemanni_generic_peasant_sprite_000.tga.dds: this file contains invalid data (error 21FC)
    Maybe better to download IJ 3.0 Beta 2 ...
    It would be better to cancel old IJ 3.0 beta before to install the Beta 2?

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by Praefectus praetorio View Post
    Damn. But thanks, my campaign works again but I have noticed that when I use javelins (and also arrows(?)) without fire against enemy, they will be panicked by fire attack.
    This was something that beatoangelco put in the edu file to increase the affects of missle attack on morale.

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi julianus heraclius,
    I downloaded the patch 1 and tried to install it over IJ 3.0 beta1, but I got this message:
    IB - SOMNIUM APOSTATE JULIANI BETA 3.0 has not been totall yinstalled because of the following reason:
    IJ\data\sprites\alemanni_generic_peasant_sprite_000.tga.dds: this file contains invalid data (error 21FC)
    Maybe better to download IJ 3.0 Beta 2 ...
    It would be better to cancel old IJ 3.0 beta before to install the Beta 2?

ayeaye Sir
    Yes, try installing IJV3.0 BETA 2. I'll check out that particular sprite.

Thanks

margio's Avatar Biarchus

OK, I will do .
    It's enough to install Beta 2 overwriting the existing Beta 1, or it would be better to cancel Beta 1 before?

ayeaye Sir

OK, I will do .
    It's enough to install Beta 2 overwriting the existing Beta 1, or it would be better to cancel Beta 1 before?

ayeaye Sir
    Your call, but I always think it is better to start clean and fresh.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi julianus heraclius,
    I installed over Beta 1 and it works .
    I am having a quick look on factions (as usually I do) to chose the one that give me the most "skin" feeling ...
    I'm asking myself what you could do if there was not the EDU limits of 500 units (if I remember well) ...
    BTW looking at Armenians I found the following:
    * rahmik spearmen not present in EDB as in EDU
    * aspet cavalry recruitable only with stables, then unavailable
    * eastern spearmen recruitable in EDB by Sarmatians, not in EDU
    * armenian foot archers not present in EDB as in EDU
    * nakharar gundA not present in EDB as in EDU
    * armenian horse archers not present in EDB as in EDU
    I'm missing something ?

ayeaye Sir

Hi julianus heraclius,
    I installed over Beta 1 and it works .
    I am having a quick look on factions (as usually I do) to chose the one that give me the most "skin" feeling ...
    I'm asking myself what you could do if there was not the EDU limits of 500 units (if I remember well) ...
    BTW looking at Armenians I found the following:
    * rahmik spearmen not present in EDB as in EDU
    * aspet cavalry recruitable only with stables, then unavailable
    * eastern spearmen recruitable in EDB by Sarmatians, not in EDU
    * armenian foot archers not present in EDB as in EDU
    * nakharar gundA not present in EDB as in EDU
    * armenian horse archers not present in EDB as in EDU
    I'm missing something ?

ayeaye Sir
    I'll check it out. Thanks

Here is my problem i instaled and launched the game but i have no campagains to pick from just an empty list and the main campagin option tells me to pick from the list witch brings me to the point of the empty provincal list PLEASE HELP ok now i have a new problem the game dosnt launch any more it keeps saying that another instance of the program is already running when it is not and closess

Now the game will start but it will not go any further than the first screen.
    Last edited by bohema; May 21, 2009 at 08:45 PM.