Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist View Post
    Yes the CTDs appeared every time i tried to load a battle. Strange about it, is the fact that i played a whole quadi campaign with only some CTDs(not that disturbing). I then wanted to begin another campaign, but now another prob appeared. When i chose the faction and klicked on the marker to begin the campaign, the game brought me back to game mode selection screen( main campaign, historical battle.....).
    I had to reinstal IJ yesterday. The only thing i can imagine are some files from 2.0a that weren't overwritten during the first installtion. I'll let you know whether the CTDs appear again.
    That does not sound like something the game came with. It must be an install error or IJ2 files.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    That does not sound like something the game came with. It must be an install error or IJ2 files.
    Can't argue with that, you are the expert. Let's see whether the CTDs appear after the reinstallation.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist View Post
    Can't argue with that, you are the expert. Let's see whether the CTDs appear after the reinstallation.
    I had my share of IJ tech problems, but I'm far from the expert. I like helping other players when I can.
    A vast majority of IJ errors go away for no good reason after a few re-installations.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I had my share of IJ tech problems, but I'm far from the expert. I like helping other players when I can.
    A vast majority of IJ errors go away for no good reason after a few re-installations.
    Hehe yeah, i made this experience too. But you never get bored, cause new ones appear.

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon14 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Hello JH, I'm playing the 355AD campaign as ConstantiusII and have not had any bug or CTD problems yet and I'm 17 turns into the game. I did notice that in Sirmium, you can recruit Herculianii luniores Lanciarii yet cannot recruit the Herculianii luniores. You can recruit both Jovianii luniores and their Lanciarii though. Is there another place I can recruit the Herculianii luniores?

NM

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Naughteous Maximus View Post
    Hello JH, I'm playing the 355AD campaign as ConstantiusII and have not had any bug or CTD problems yet and I'm 17 turns into the game. I did notice that in Sirmium, you can recruit Herculianii luniores Lanciarii yet cannot recruit the Herculianii luniores. You can recruit both Jovianii luniores and their Lanciarii though. Is there another place I can recruit the Herculianii luniores?

NM
    Ah, in the export_descr_building.txt file "palatini herculianii juniores" is missing empire_east. They should be recruitable in Sirmium. Just paste over the existing line with this one:

recruit "palatini herculianii juniores" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east, } and hidden_resource palatina and hidden_resource dalmatia

and you should be able to recruit them. I will include the change in the next upload.

Thanks

I don't know if this has already been asked but in my Gupta campaign I won by taking four or five reagions in about ten turns, maybe you should expand their victory conditions.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    I don't know if this has already been asked but in my Gupta campaign I won by taking four or five reagions in about ten turns, maybe you should expand their victory conditions.
    It has, but thanks. Yes, you're right I should expand their victory conditions. I should include conquoring the Sassanid Capital.

I hope you kept playing.

It's pretty easy to take the victory conditions from the Sassanids/Kidarites, but if you take too long/continue playing the Sassanid elite starting stacks with elephants, heavy onagers, Savaran, and Sassanid/Delyamite infantry arrive from the Roman border and threaten to push you back to the Indus! If you were lacking in cash and had most of your elephants farther north and east as I did it can be a real danger.

Hello all,
    I've had some rather serious, strange, and random CTDs and I'm just wondering if anyone has anything to say about them. I've been trying to play the 361 AD campaign as the Romans, but I can't get past the first turn! (and you know how long it takes to play turn 1 as Romans) First CTD, when I finished the turn and I clicked on my recruitment report, I got a CTD that froze my entire computer. A simple manual restart solved that.
    But today... I was on turn 1, sorting out Britannia, when the game froze and all the landscape of the entire map suddenly turned as if it were winter. After it turned to winter I got control of the game back. I tried to quit but the game (and my computer) froze again. I did a manual restart but Windows didn't even want to load, after another manual restart I went in through safe mode and figured out that my computer didn't recognise my D drive anymore for some reason (my D drive is a 2nd HD that's been there since I built my machine...) so I disconnected that HD and restarted my machine, my computer and Windows started normally. I hot plugged my 2nd HD back in and now everything works as if nothing happened.
    All my apps, games, and Windows XP are on my C drive, my D is just for storage of media.
    Like I said, strange.
    Last edited by ForumMember; May 14, 2009 at 03:58 PM.

Icon7 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    It has, but thanks. Yes, you're right I should expand their victory conditions. I should include conquoring the Sassanid Capital.
    Yes thats a good idea, would conquering some Kidarite lands would be good as well?

I hope you kept playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    It's pretty easy to take the victory conditions from the Sassanids/Kidarites, but if you take too long/continue playing the Sassanid elite starting stacks with elephants, heavy onagers, Savaran, and Sassanid/Delyamite infantry arrive from the Roman border and threaten to push you back to the Indus! If you were lacking in cash and had most of your elephants farther north and east as I did it can be a real danger.
    I used my starting stacks to take all of the Sassanid and Kidarite lands that bordered me including the independant city to the North. I also developed most of my cities quickly with the new money.

EDIT: I have a strange problem, I installed the game, but the next time I start my computer the shortcut to the mod just says "Invasio Barbarorvm" instead of the usual and it has no symbol and it wont start. What could be going wrong?
    Last edited by lenin96; May 15, 2009 at 04:24 AM.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Yes thats a good idea, would conquering some Kidarite lands would be good as well?

I used my starting stacks to take all of the Sassanid and Kidarite lands that bordered me including the independant city to the North. I also developed most of my cities quickly with the new money.

EDIT: I have a strange problem, I installed the game, but the next time I start my computer the shortcut to the mod just says "Invasio Barbarorvm" instead of the usual and it has no symbol and it wont start. What could be going wrong?
    Yes, I've had that problem too. Not sure what happened there, but the new upload will fix it. Just follow the manual creating shortcut instructions in the download section.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi julianus heraclius,
    not a bug or a ctd, but I found that Rumat, Nomad Fursan and Jund owned by Rebels have Vanilla Peasant image in the unit's menu.
    Enjoying your mod (Gupta, 355 campaign, H/H setup), I had a couple of random CTD's, but probably due to RAM issue, because playing again they didn't happens again.

ayeaye Sir

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

At an exit already from the game throws out an error that does not support the id Horde Alan cavalry.
    Also, frequent observed starts without the description of errors, in collision with Sassanids and East Romans, and also in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    At an exit already from the game throws out an error that does not support the id Horde Alan cavalry.
    Also, frequent observed starts without the description of errors, in collision with Sassanids and East Romans, and also in Egypt.
    Not sure on this one. which campaign are you playing. Which download are you using, as there is no Horde Alan Cavalry.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; May 16, 2009 at 09:09 AM.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Not sure on this one. which campaign are you playing. Which download are you using, as there is no Horde Alan Cavalry.
    I play 365AD campaign. But I will repeat, an error shows only when I leave game and I switch off it.
    Other starts all were without a designation of errors. Simply starts at an input in tactical fight. More often with Sassanids, and in Egypt. But the reasons can be much, or sprites, or still that, Errors are not designated. Therefore I regularly do preservation before entering into battle.

I the truth have established version IJV3.0 BETA, on the previous variant, can to me it was necessary to establish again on pure RTWBI 1.6?
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

I had the exact same error with horde alan calvary after i quite the game

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    I had the exact same error with horde alan calvary after i quite the game
    Sorry guys, I just loaded the 365AD campaign, and when existing there was no error. My advise to delete your current Ij folder, saving any savedgames and reinstall the latest download. I know it can be a pain, but at least we are talking on the same page.

Cheers

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon4 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Hello JH, I'm still playing the 355AD campaign as ConstantiusII and am having no problems,except for the occasional CTD's I do have, thank God, they aren't reoccurring. I did notice that I encountered a Quadi spy (Reingardis) who is unfinished and missing texture. Might want to check if anyone else has noticed this?

NM

Quote Originally Posted by Naughteous Maximus View Post
    I did notice that I encountered a Quadi spy (Reingardis) who is unfinished and missing texture. Might want to check if anyone else has noticed this?

NM
    Oh my God, I think I saw a Ghost!! Thanks NM, I'll fix him for the next patch. Better watch him as he can probably walk thru walls