Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

For me isn't impossible to play with 355AD and 365 AD Campaign,but only with 361AD Campaign(perfectly with this one!),infact appears to me in initial menu for single player only main campaign,and not the Provincial Campaign; and in my folder IJ\data\world\maps\campaign ,there is only folder named "barbarian invasion"?
    Why,I've installed easily,like IJ 2.01(that worked always perfectly to me)!!!!
    Helpe me,please.
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Default Re: Onli 365 campaign works

my problem is similar to Shogun114's one, when i installed the mod i entered immediately in 361AD default campaign and it worked fine, then i went in the options and loaded 365AD script to do the campaign: again i entered the 365AD campaign and all worked fine, i also saved a game.
    From this point all started to degenerate, i can't run 361AD campaign more, when i choose the faction it goes back to main menu...i have removed and reloaded the script several times but no way, the 361 doesn't want to work, it is strange cause first time, before i loaded 365 script, it worked well.
    Then i tried to load 355 script and do the campaign but it crashes after that you launch the campaign without messages. The onli campaign that is still going well is 365 one, for that i can either load the script 365 or using 361 script and load the save in the main menu and the campaign works fine...
    The message that 361 campaign's crash shows is this:
    "Script error in IJ/Data/Descr_rebel_factions.txt,at line 354, column 21.
    Rebel unit Type 'goth warlords' not found in unit_db"
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Yep, there is an error in the 361AD descr_strat.txt file with an incorrectly named goths warlord, which should be gothic warlord!! The new upload will also fix the campaign issues. Again, a good lesson in not to rush things

Julianus i have noticed that Romans can recruit sassan infantry in east!
    This is bug or what?

Quote Originally Posted by zmv View Post
    Julianus i have noticed that Romans can recruit sassan infantry in east!
    This is bug or what?
    No, its more about having the right recruitment building. To recruit them you need a second tier building ( militia_barracks) and even then canonly be recruited in the following regions assyrian ,ariana ,turan, sughdian, mesopotamia , palestinian, parsis, parthian.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    To recruit them you need a second tier building ( militia_barracks) and even then canonly be recruited in the following regions assyrian ,ariana ,turan, sughdian, mesopotamia , palestinian, parsis, parthian.
    But why romans can recruit this forces?
    I think they are belongs to sassanids!?

Area of recruitment; if you have a force in the area people will join you.
    An Aphrodite for mortal souls, Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles
    Their erotic hour, my tearless weep, Their satisfaction, my infinite sleep

My New Development Project: The Ivlivian Archives, featuring a bug tracker for mods.

How can i change my battle tactic map like in vanila, i mean when i can push pause...?

I was about to ask the same question, the current battle interface is worrisome for those attached to vanilla style. Anyway, the game is great and it was worth waiting ! Is that me or downloading on Fileferont is terribly slow ?

How can i change my battle tactic map like in vanila, i mean when i can push pause...?
    If I understand your question correctly, then you are having trouble with the preferences file that the mod came with.
    Go to IJ folder / preference / preferences.txt and change MINIMAL_UI to FALSE.

Press P on your keyboard for PAUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    If I understand your question correctly, then you are having trouble with the preferences file that the mod came with.
    Go to IJ folder / preference / preferences.txt and change MINIMAL_UI to FALSE.
    Thanks CIaagent. Yes in the preference folder I have altered the preference.txt file so that you have larger battlemap, no banners, no green arrows and able to have reinforcements on the field.

Of course you can always change these to suit.

I just keep having random ctds. some are on the campaign map and sometimes before a battle and sometimes after a battle. Ive only played the 365 campaign. which is fun except for the ctds

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    I just keep having random ctds. some are on the campaign map and sometimes before a battle and sometimes after a battle. Ive only played the 365 campaign. which is fun except for the ctds
    Can you be a bit more specific. When a CTD occurs with a battle, if you play the battle again does the CTD still occur?

If it does, can you get me a picture of the units involved so I can check to see if it is a sprite problem (remember there are new sprites in the game)

As for Campaign CTD's how oftern are they, with which faction do they occur and are they fatal or not?

Cheers

But why romans can recruit this forces?
    I think they are belongs to sassanids!?
    Can you tell me which campaign you are playing and which cities are you talking about and I'll check it out.

I'm not sure if this should be in the Bug thread or the Discussions thread??

they are not consistant just random and frequent. Like it as the western empire i fought a battle against the alamani ctd right before it completes loading. i reload the campaign replay the battle win. I fight another battle against the alamani beat them and ctd while loading back to the campaign screen. And the ctds in the campaign map are basically the same ones i had in IBRR in gaul,spain,africa, and britian. But i think i may have found a way to fix the campaign one. Their not fatal just annoying. Ive only played 4 turns and had about 15 ctds but few at the same time each time.

Their not fatal just annoying. Ive only played 4 turns and had about 15 ctds but few at the same time each time.
    Hmm, that is strange. When I have been playing I have found only a couple of CTD's in about 30 - 40 turns. But in relation to battles it may be a sprites problem as they are new and can cause problems depending on your graphics card.

I will check out the Alemanni and Romans in battle and let you know.

I would be interested to know how others are fairing in relation to random CTD's.

Cheers

alright ive noticed im getting a consistant one at the end of one battle. Its when i fight the alemani's factionleader (who for some reason is just all by himself not going to any settlement or joining with a army) and a captain stack standing next to him. I fought the battle several times and unlike other times it always ctds after i win.

alright ive noticed im getting a consistant one at the end of one battle. Its when i fight the alemani's factionleader (who for some reason is just all by himself not going to any settlement or joining with a army) and a captain stack standing next to him. I fought the battle several times and unlike other times it always ctds after i win.
    Hmm, could it be am evil twin? Any chance of finding out by clicking on him. What campaing are you playing.

Also, have you tried changing the line UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

to

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

in the preference.txt file to see if that has any effect on battles.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Can you tell me which campaign you are playing and which cities are you talking about and I'll check it out.
    Julianus i play campaign for Valens 365 and i have noticed that in palestina romans can recruit sassan infantry in barracks level 2 and cavarly in city near Palmyra!