Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 386378798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 1794

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
    I get an error on startup:

Script Error in SAI/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 18, column 1.

"horde_min_units": This feature is not supported
    Sounds like an incorrect install. SAI requires a clean (vanilla) RTW/BI. SAI should be installed within the RTW folder.

Sounds like an incorrect install. SAI requires a clean (vanilla) RTW/BI. SAI should be installed within the RTW folder.

Nope, i am kind of sure, that in this case Steam is the problem.

This mod requires BI, but Steam tries to open the mod through the vanilla RTW and not BI, if someone uses the shortcut of SAI.

In this case, I went to my library on steam and found Rome Total War, right clicked, chose properties and clicked on Launch. Put in this:

RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:SAI

Then I started up Rome Total War as usual, and the mod launched fine.

Note, that to go back and play vanilla, you have to erase the launch options above,.

So maybe there is a simpler method for steam users?

Sry, for some case, my upper post was not quite readable.

Nope, i am kind of sure, that in this case Steam is the problem.

This mod requires BI, but Steam tries to open the mod through the vanilla RTW and not BI, if someone uses the shortcut of SAI.

In this case, I went to my library on steam and found Rome Total War, right clicked, chose properties and clicked on Launch. Put in this:

RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:SAI

Then I started up Rome Total War as usual, and the mod launched fine.

Note, that to go back and play vanilla, you have to erase the launch options above,.

So maybe there is a simpler method for steam users?

My battles lag too much and I tried installing vanilla vegetation to see if I can improve the framerate but it doesn't work. I also deleted map.rwm but I still have RS2 vegetation instead of vanilla. The soundmod doesn't seem to work as well as I didn't notice any difference after installing it.

Other problem I had was the game crashing when when clicking on next turn. I was able to avoid this by disabling "fowllow AI characters" before starting a campaingn. Still would like to know what might be causing this.

I'm playing the 355 campaingn (4 turns) as Imperium Constantius II.

Nevermind, I didn't uninstall RS2 vegetation before installing the vanilla files. The same happened with the soundmod.

Hi, I am having an issue with loading your mod, I start the program and I see the pictures then I am kicked and this shows up.

Script error In SAI/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 18, column 1.
    "horde_mini_units":This feature is not supported.

help lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazywarmachin View Post
    Hi, I am having an issue with loading your mod, I start the program and I see the pictures then I am kicked and this shows up.

Script error In SAI/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 18, column 1.
    "horde_mini_units":This feature is not supported.

help lol.

My game crash when i tried to a start new campaign with the Western Empire faction. What i can do for resolve this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by luca89 View Post
    My game crash when i tried to a start new campaign with the Western Empire faction. What i can do for resolve this issue?
    You need to delete the map.rwm file before loading a new campaign. The file can be found in the base folder, destination path: SAI/data/world/base.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    You need to delete the map.rwm file before loading a new campaign. The file can be found in the base folder, destination path: SAI/data/world/base.
    I tried but the game crash again and says Barbarian Invasion has stopped working.

I see that the game crash after i try to install the Force diplomacy option. What i can do for resolve this issue?

Thanks !

I see that the game crash after i try to install the Force diplomacy option. What i can do for resolve this issue?

Thanks !
    Try installing the no forced diplomacy option and see if that helps.

Yes, i do this and the game doesn't crash! I notice that the game carsh only when i try to change some option (ex. install the minimal recruitment option, the 12 tpy, the force diplomacy ecc). There isn't anyway that i can do for play with these option active?

Thanks for your help and compliments for your beatiful mod!

Yes, i do this and the game doesn't crash! I notice that the game carsh only when i try to change some option (ex. install the minimal recruitment option, the 12 tpy, the force diplomacy ecc). There isn't anyway that i can do for play with these option active?

Thanks for your help and compliments for your beatiful mod!
    I get the sense that you must be installing the options into the wrong folder. It is usually the SAI folder but there will be instructions for each option. I would suggest that you uninstall, then reinstall the mod and try again.

I get the sense that you must be installing the options into the wrong folder. It is usually the SAI folder but there will be instructions for each option. I would suggest that you uninstall, then reinstall the mod and try again.
    Thanks, i follow your tips and i reinstall the game. Can you tell me the instructions for the correct installation of the 12 tpy and the minimal recruitament option? Thanks a lot for your help!

I see that for play i need the original 12 tpy. Where i can found it?

I see that for play i need the original 12 tpy. Where i can found it?
    Please go to the Add On Thread and go to the first post.

Hey

I really love this mod but every time when i play this mod (i played i last time), i get in almost in every second battle CTDs, when the battle is loading. This is also a problem when i play the "quick battles". Sometimes i got i error massage that unit textures are missing.

I belive that something with the unit texture are broken. I´ve a clean unmoded install of rome total war, followed the install constructions, but it does not help.

Once i got a CTD when i click on end turn button.

What projects are being conducted about this mod, what will they add?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I've read this a couple of times before, but never understood why a mod user need to delete the map.rwm file before starting a new campaign.

I wonder if you can explain to me why, so I better understand the reason behind this.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.