Thread: Hot seat convention center for commited players.

Default Hot seat convention center for commited players.

Hello!

You probably have spoken with me a few words when in game...
    And i was just rambling about how many people were quiting hotseats so fast...
    So i decided, to create a thread for those few players like me , who are commited to playing their turns as fast as they can...

please meet here for Hot seat requests , Hotseats discussion and hot seat scheduling if desired.

Members of this club
    Eddy_purpus
    Decimus Atreides
    Empodocles
    Nightbringer
    Kaizer Merlox
    TriforceV
    Civic
    Uladh88

They asked for membership !
    they haz it !
    lol
    Anytime you haz an HS and would like to get committed players to play it ...
    you can come here and ask them to join xD
    if the players wish to play it that is

You may ask for membership anytime
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; May 18, 2009 at 08:52 PM.

Default Re: Hot seat convention center for commited players.

ya, i have been getting a little frustrated by that as well, thanks for being a fun and reliable player eddy!
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Ty too nightbringer!
    This thread should be the place where people who love to play hot seats come and talk xD

Hah! nice idea may I join the club?

Yes!
    indeed you can join us

Ok great, now all we need is a topic to discuss. How about we start with M2TW Hotseat campaign stories, anything interesting happened?

Better, lets talk about players that quit when they are loosing the campaign ...

That would be...unethical...lets try not to insult others, shall we

Civis

much like real life, when i commit to something i stick with it till the end

I do that too Uladh...
    sadly ...
    is a multiplayer game ... not a single player....
    theres lots of people and not everybody is equally loyal to the game as others..

sadly.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

count me in.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Master of the Convention, give us a subject! xD

Here's a good topic.

What is considered legit hotseat rules? (Be Specific and Detailed!)

Depends on how you want the hotseat to be. For one thing, Bugged area's of hotsets, like the crusade/jihad option, should be avoided.

You know what I think a good rule would be...

one that could cut down on the abuse used for Jihad/Crusade.

if we were able to limit everyone's faction to having only 1 Crusade/ Jihad army active for them at all times during a crusade/jihad.
    Furthermore, when they join the crusade or Jihad, the player is unable to leave/disband the Crusade.

This for me would be an easy solution to solve many of the Jihad/Crusade bugs...

As you can only have 1 crusading army you can't make all your armies Jihad/Crsuade reducing your upkeep to nil, and swarming your enemy.

Secondly, making the player unable to leave the crusade/Jihad means he must commit to the target until the end.

no longer will players be able to abuse bugs like disband/re-join so that their recruits don't desert, or other bugs like disbanding to attack friendly/same religion nations.
    It would encourage people to move towards the target...

Now the only thing that remains is finding someone who can do these minor changes.

What do you think is it plausable and a good idea?
    Last edited by TriforceV; May 15, 2009 at 03:15 PM.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

I must admit, I never thought of only having a single Crusade-army, It makes sense though. I think its a great idea, but haven't got a clue how to mod in the limitations. Although without FoW, the players could check for themselves, and decide on...punishment when rules are broken

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    You know what I think a good rule would be...

one that could cut down on the abuse used for Jihad/Crusade.

if we were able to limit everyone's faction to having only 1 Crusade/ Jihad army active for them at all times during a crusade/jihad.
    Furthermore, when they join the crusade or Jihad, the player is unable to leave/disband the Crusade.

This for me would be an easy solution to solve many of the Jihad/Crusade bugs...

As you can only have 1 crusading army you can't make all your armies Jihad/Crsuade reducing your upkeep to nil, and swarming your enemy.

Secondly, making the player unable to leave the crusade/Jihad means he must commit to the target until the end.

no longer will players be able to abuse bugs like disband/re-join so that their recruits don't desert, or other bugs like disbanding to attack friendly/same religion nations.
    It would encourage people to move towards the target...

Now the only thing that remains is finding someone who can do these minor changes.

What do you think is it plausable and a good idea?
    Very nice idea...
    I support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimus Atreides View Post
    I must admit, I never thought of only having a single Crusade-army, It makes sense though. I think its a great idea, but haven't got a clue how to mod in the limitations. Although without FoW, the players could check for themselves, and decide on...punishment when rules are broken
    Admins of the game could look and enforce games laws

The best way to supervise the respect of rules is to have no FoW in my opinion.