Thread: proposal - native voice mod

Default proposal - native voice mod

If anyones seen Last of the Mohicans or the War that Made America they will notice the natives make a terrifying war whooping noise. I think this is in American Conquest too. This reallly adds to atmosphere - so i suggest somehow modding these battlecries into the game to replace the lacklustre vanilla voices.

Looking at the files this is i believe possible. We can change the voice files. I am revising atm but might give it a bash over summer. Of course im sure there are those far more competent than I to do this.

There are other voices that need changing too but for now i think this would be a great and managable addition. If anyone knows where they can find recordings of these sounds reply here or if anyones started a voice mod link me.

Default Re: proposal - native voice mod

Sounds like a great idea.

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

Default Re: proposal - native voice mod

Also I noticed something else abou the native units. They have marching sounds tromp tromp like line units marching in step...should be no marching sounds, silence.

What are you going to do for the whoop? Take a clip out of Last of the Mohicans?

Icon3 Re: proposal - native voice mod

Maybe you can find some native speakers on here who can do some voice work? Granted there are lots of tribes, but it would add that touch of authenticity to get a few words in some languages.

I was thinking maybe you could mod some of the charge and fire at will sound effects? There are also some taunt sound effects but I don't think ive heard anyone taunt someone before. Maybe they do but between canons and muskets and music, maybe I never heard them.
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; May 06, 2009 at 05:48 PM.