Thread: Movement Mod?

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Movement Mod?

I see you have a movement mod in your mod. Could you tell me alittle about it? Is it a slower units movement mod? Whos? Just want to know because I was going to add one and found something in the userconfig scripts files. Can you tell us alittle about the movement mod you have included or give us the link to the mod?

PS. Great game again; been playing it alot and I really like it. I've also seen a few other major mods and yours is above leaps and bounds....

Cheers!

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Movement Mod?

WarnerVH - I have dropped all speed by 15% on all units based on terrain types.

Movement is faster on roads, grass, etc. but not as fast in scrubs and still even slower in the rain or snow.

Any more specific details, let me know!
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; May 05, 2009 at 07:32 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

That's good. I had felt it slower than vanilla; but not so slow that there was a huge difference.

I want to use 50% slower mod and mod that slows down the naval warfare as well.....does those overide yours if i put them to be loaded last in modmanager?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

RomaJilo - Yes, that should do it!

Let me know if you have trouble!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

If you are using Riflemans submod it can get a little confusing. He has about five different mods that are intended to be a fix for modded and vanilla version of the games and has a few updates etc... be sure you mode your userconfig file properly and read it carefully. I have used it with APE; but have yet to see a big difference. I would like to see APE reduce the movement speed to be more inline with M2TW. Which IMHO was a nice mix between walk and run speeds on the map.

Cheers!