Thread: Grenade button gone?

Default Grenade button gone?

First off I just wanna say thanks for the work on this great Mod. I started using your "Quixote battle mod" right near the begining and it , aswell as IS has vastly improved my experience with ETW. I have actually only started using IS because I didn't connect your battle mod and IS together, so I have just been using the battle mod for a while.... now Im up to date again

I just got a couple of questions, which may be stupid ones so please forgive me

1. I seemed to have lost the grenade button for my grenadiers.... thus making my grenadiers merely... well, diers. That is I can't throw grenades anymore. Im sure I havent read anywhere that this was intended as part of IS but when I disable IS I get the grenade button back.

2. When installing new versions of mods, or just deleting mods, am I only required to delete whatever files and/or scripts I have downloaded and then job is done. Or do i have to get 'technical'

3. Obviously you have fixed the navy cards so they show hull strength again, but are the hull strengths meant to mostly be up in the 1000s?

Thanks for any help to anyone who may give it

Cheers

Default Re: Grenade button gone?

Thanks for playing

1. I couldn't limit the number of grenades they could carry, or the reload time. This led to lots of grenade spamming. Plus a bunch of people mentioned that it was pretty ahistorical, grenades went out of fashion pretty fast around this time. Instead they have "Inspires fear in enemies", plus they're the meanest musket wielding melee unit around. They are still absolutely fantastic shock troops. With the new mass fire, just march up slow, wait until the second volley hits you at around half distance, sprint up close and unleash a nasty blast, then follow through with a meaty charge. Not much in the game can withstand that, executed correctly.

2. Yup, all you have to do is delete the stuff you put in there. If you want to be even simpler, you just have to delete that .txt file, then the game won't load the mod any more.

3. Yup, the unit cards out of battle for ships are terribly wonky, the hull strength and the firepower arn't really accurate. If you right click on a ship unit card in a battle, you get their actual stats. The patch seems to have made hull strength appear correctly, though firepower is still iffy.

Bongfu's Avatar Senator

Grenades are suppose to be out, because A)Grenadiers in the period did not carry grenades anymore and B)They were way too overpowered, you could just spam the grenade button and completely destroy any unit.

Edit: Damn you Quixote for beating me
    Lorehammer - Team Lead
    A Radious Total War: Warhammer Sub-mod

Thanks for the reply you two

Ah.... I should of read a bit more, sorry for being lazy.

Where do you guys get this information from? Do you have any books or websites you can reccomend a reading of?

Cheers fellas