Thread: many armies attacking at once

Default many armies attacking at once

hey all im playing as gondor and i have a very large garrison in osgiliath(the one on mordor side) and its a blast to defend it but one annoying thing i have found is that lets say one army is sieging then it assaults and gets 1 or 2 other armies as reinforcements sure they appear on map but if i beat them back or rout all the siegers or destroy all siege engines the reinforcements dont run away making me to wait until the end of the battle timer which is boring this also happens if they get a siege tower to the wall the reinforcements dont do anything dont even try to get to the tower not sure if they come if gate is broken down cause hasnt happened yet i know i should assault the reinforcements but when i loose 0-5% of my men during the siege i really wouldnt want to loose more men when if i stay put they all survive

Default Re: many armies attacking at once

destroy all the siege equipment

i did every single piece but they just stand there this thread is probably pointless cause just noticed a thread complaining about the same thing so you can go ahead and lock this or the other or something

saamohod's Avatar Tiro

I hope developers are working on it, I'm sure they know the problem. It happened to me, and not only during sieges, when reinforcements army stood inactive in their corner until battle-timer was over. And I have reported it in this sub-forum.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Its *really* a problem when theres no timer...
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

are you playing at very hard battles?

Which is why, in my opinion, straight out spamming fire arrow and destroying siege gear to me is an ai exploit. I find that I want a challenge. Such as in the KGCM there is burning oil, fire ballista towers etc to destroy siege gear but no fire arrows. Lots of work is being done in the regular game, such as XAI to improve the problems on the battle map, especially ai sieges, that are very effective. Hopefully, the XAI team will release something for this mod. Then the ai should act appropriately. As this is a new mod, all I can say is hang in there, or don't destroy the siege gear. To me its very nearly cheating. Defend your cities like you are supposed to.

The ai will only build limited amount of siege equipment and assault. A human player would siege you longer and build more siege gear to compensate for larger amounts of archers. Taking advantage of the ai weakness isn't skill, its cheating.

I have tested this a few times and found that the message "the enemy has captured the walls" will cause the reinforcements to start moving, and take part in the battle. It is really annoying though, since this means you pretty much have to either lose, or sit there forever... :-(

i dont spam fire arrows but i got ballista towers and they destroy every ram before they get to gate and usually burn the towers too

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

cheating... like putting a unit just outside the gate so the ram gets stopped the problem is sometimes worse when the other armies dont move even when your gate is breached.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnist View Post
    I have tested this a few times and found that the message "the enemy has captured the walls" will cause the reinforcements to start moving, and take part in the battle. It is really annoying though, since this means you pretty much have to either lose, or sit there forever... :-(
    Actually, this is a good thing. If you enemy has event 1 soldier near the gate, just make your soldiers walk near it, retake the gate, and run back to where they are defending, and the enemy will retake it.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.