Thread: Where I live:)

Default Where I live:)

Well not my house just the town and the surronding area really. I live in Whitby U.K, and we have many festivals, Goth Weekend, 1940's Weekend, 60's Week the list goes on. So here are some nice pics I took for you to take a ganders at

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Whitby

A Mile path from Whitby to Ruswarp where I go Jogging

A bunch of Morris Dancers I took this weekend I think it might be Folk Week but not sure

One of the many bars in Whitby during Goth Weekend

A Steam Train at Whitby Station with Whitby in the Background

Me Kayaking the River Esk

This kool Church in Pickering with all these Medieval Paintings on the walls, I think this one is Saint George

Another one can't remeber which one this one is though

Helmsley Castle

A little river at Helmsley

1940's Weekend at Pickering which is a really good event they also do all the Stations up where the Steam Engines go, as you can guess this station is apose to be Nazi-occupied France

One of the buildings in Pickering done-up for the 40's weekend

The Station at Pickering during the 40's weekend

A US Tank (Sherman I think) at Pickering station during the 40's weekend

The Nazi-occupied France station again

And finally an air raid shelter at Pickering station during the 40's weekend

Ok so thats the lot I'll add more later if you want me too so enjoy and these places are a must see if you are going on holiday or visiting the UK from abroad.

Thanx
    Raradir

Default Re: Where I live:)

Very very nice scenery! You're incredibly lucky to have such a nice area for jogging and kayaking with some interesting historical sites too.

Was going to take one of Whitby abbey but not had the chance yet propbally will do it later on

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

The Synod of Whitby ey...

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

If you don't mind, I will post some pictures of my own home town.

It's a small town in Norway, with a population of about 5000 called Sauda.

We have a factory! One of the few memories of a bygone era, there used to be several small towns with one huge factory. Now it's only us and Rjukan left I believe.

Åbøbyen. Built to host American workers. It even has American Hydrants...

Our ski-center, Svandalen. We had three persons competing for world-championships in Alpine skiing in the '80s.

Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Very nice looking all! I love the typical houses in both towns, and all the interesting sites that you can see. My home town doesn't have much for it, just a couple of dunes, sea, and the only military harbour. Still, not that impressive.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    If you don't mind, I will post some pictures of my own home town.

It's a small town in Norway, with a population of about 5000 called Sauda.

We have a factory! One of the few memories of a bygone era, there used to be several small towns with one huge factory. Now it's only us and Rjukan left I believe.

Åbøbyen. Built to host American workers. It even has American Hydrants...

Our ski-center, Svandalen. We had three persons competing for world-championships in Alpine skiing in the '80s.

Lol I think you just beat my town for looks lol

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

See here the indoctrination of english childeren, about how the french always surrender to germans...
    Miss me yet?

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I have been to Whitby on holiday and I loved it. Lovely town you live in.

(BTW, if I am not mistaken, the monastery is the original setting for Dracula?)

Also, that looks like a lovely place Ishoss. Beautiful mountains and beautiful lake. Whats it like living in a place that isolated though? (Especially in the winter). I hope to go round Scandinavia some day.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post

Also, that looks like a lovely place Ishoss. Beautiful mountains and beautiful lake. Whats it like living in a place that isolated though? (Especially in the winter). I hope to go round Scandinavia some day.
    Doesn't really feel too isolated. I mean, sure we don't have all the fancy big-town things, but we have one of the first cinemas in Norway (not a positive by now...), the biggest ski center in the South-West, swimming and fishing in the summers plus a lot of places to go hiking/skiing. (Both cross-country and alpine)

But most of the times it's boring. Especially since all these things get incredibly boring after a while

PS: It's not a lake, it's the fjord
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Wow, great pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Raradir View Post
    Well not my house just the town and the surronding area really. I live in Whitby U.K, and we have many festivals, Goth Weekend, 1940's Weekend, 60's Week the list goes on. So here are some nice pics I took for you to take a ganders at

Whitby

A Mile path from Whitby to Ruswarp where I go Jogging

A bunch of Morris Dancers I took this weekend I think it might be Folk Week but not sure

One of the many bars in Whitby during Goth Weekend

A Steam Train at Whitby Station with Whitby in the Background

Me Kayaking the River Esk

This kool Church in Pickering with all these Medieval Paintings on the walls, I think this one is Saint George

Another one can't remeber which one this one is though

Helmsley Castle

A little river at Helmsley

1940's Weekend at Pickering which is a really good event they also do all the Stations up where the Steam Engines go, as you can guess this station is apose to be Nazi-occupied France

One of the buildings in Pickering done-up for the 40's weekend

The Station at Pickering during the 40's weekend

A US Tank (Sherman I think) at Pickering station during the 40's weekend

The Nazi-occupied France station again

And finally an air raid shelter at Pickering station during the 40's weekend

Ok so thats the lot I'll add more later if you want me too so enjoy and these places are a must see if you are going on holiday or visiting the UK from abroad.

Thanx
    Raradir
    Whitby! I live in Scarborough but my dad is from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post

Yea Bram Stocker wrote most of Dracular here Whitby Abbey is based on his castle, I've never really read the Bram Stocker novel but I think Draculars ship washed up on one of the beaches here in Whitby (In the Novel not in real life lol) but you can't quote me on tht, I should actually know this since I live here lol

Thanks
    Raradir