Thread: Lessened Activity

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Lessened Activity

I've noticed that the activity in TotW's subforum has decreased quite a bit, and I was wondering why is that?
    It's 2 weeks in a row now that we have only 4 submissions, and the number of voters and submitters seems to drop weekly, so I was wondering if anything should be done or if anything is planned to be done about this?
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Default Re: Lessened Activity

I just didn't have the time for a story, but did drop by to vote.
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

I guess we're all a little occupied... TA:TW...
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

I know, first Empires and then Third Age--it's been a bad last couple of months. . .
    Son of PW

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Even in the RPG' s activity has decreased. Give it a few weeks and it will attract again.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    Even in the RPG' s activity has decreased. Give it a few weeks and it will attract again.
    And in the modding community. . .
    Son of PW

I'm new here.

Elendil of Nśmenor's Avatar Campidoctor

Just wanted you guys to now that I'm still here, so when I'll have time to settle down for a story I'll do so. Life's been a bit hectic for me lately so I just couldn't have the patience and strength of will to write. xD
    I might drop you some pictures sometime, though.

Still here too. I've been reading and voting, just no time to write something, might try next week.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by ClimhazarD View Post
    I'm new here.
    Welcome ClimhazarD....Glad you are with us.... Yes Empire & TATW have taken some of the attention away, but for others such as myself personal issues soak up the hours and don't allow us to invest the time we would like to here. With the growing membership and personal display ads {linked sigs, userbars and the like} I'm confident the ToTW following shall grow...

We just have to tend the garden a little...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Well, there's always time for TWC! Just one hour a day, is all that's needed

I deliberately did not enter this week--I couldn't come up with any ideas and I want to try my hand at getting out the vote--which I can't do as a contestant. So we'll see how many people I can get out.
    Son of PW

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

I had dropped out recently due to lack of time, and an inability to compete with the great Theodotos.

However, according to this week's edition of the Critic's Quill, Theodotos unwisely admits he can't write comedy!

Needless to say, I rushed straight to my joke books to find material for a comedic masterpiece. I reckon that with perseverance and a small measure of luck, I could eventually aspire to the level of humour already achieved in the current rash of comedy AARs in the M2TW section.

My submission this week started out as a comedy, in fact it possesses almost all the attributes of a great comic piece, lacking only the actual humour.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Hey now, don't blanket statement the RPG's

Kampf um Europa is actually building steam, not slowing down

Oh by the way... sign up! Prussia has a desperate need for Commissioned Officers, as per the 1716 Strategic Initiative (creating 12 new divisions, of which only 3 have been posted [Meaning their are 9 different chances for you to command your own unit!])

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenal View Post
    I had dropped out recently due to lack of time, and an inability to compete with the great Theodotos.

However, according to this week's edition of the Critic's Quill, Theodotos unwisely admits he can't write comedy!

Needless to say, I rushed straight to my joke books to find material for a comedic masterpiece. I reckon that with perseverance and a small measure of luck, I could eventually aspire to the level of humour already achieved in the current rash of comedy AARs in the M2TW section.

My submission this week started out as a comedy, in fact it possesses almost all the attributes of a great comic piece, lacking only the actual humour.
    Oh, I can, as my sea monster story and last week's "Hair" proves. But it is my weak point.
    Son of PW

Juvenal's Avatar love your noggin
    Patrician Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Oh, I can, as my sea monster story and last week's "Hair" proves. But it is my weak point.
    Ah, yes, the wound is still fresh. (Ouch!)

My own sea monster story (with which I was naively pleased) was also intended to be ironically humorous. Indeed it was doubly "ironic" as my monster attempted to eradicate the sin of boilerplate text for all time, by the simple expedient of eating the boiler.

There seems to be a surfeit of submissions this week I notice.
    imb39 ...is my daddy!
    See AARtistry in action: Spite of Severus and Severus the God

Support the MAARC!
    Tale of the Week Needs You!

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

This reduction is probably more due to the academic calendar than the release of a mod or a game.

If it matters -- I have been persuaded to participate. A quiet persuasion one on one can indeed have an effect. So you now have a tiny speck of an up tick amidst the huge tide going out to sea at the end of the spring semester.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.