Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Raiven's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

where I can change the menu song?

Darch's Avatar Libertus

Well, it took longer than expected to reach 25 posts lol, but back as promised to rep you for a great tutorial Baron

Greetings.

First off, awesome guide. Very useful. However, I was was wanting to take it a step further.

Because I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic, I was wanting to make an overall music mod for TA, giving each team its own music set. I have the complete scores from all three of the Lord of the Rings movies, so I have great music that would sound great in the game. Though I can do this now with Gondor and the Dwarves, I cannot change Rohan's music without changing both Dale and Eriador. Same goes for Isengard, Mordor, goblins, Ruhn, Harad, and both elf teams. I am just wondering, how can I change the script to allow me to play music for each team?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks
    Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    where I can change the menu song?
    In this part of descr_sounds_music.txt:
    Code:
    ;; FRONTEND

state MUSIC_FRONTEND
       event 
        folder data/sounds/music
        TH4G_Music-The_Epic.mp3
       end
    Quote Originally Posted by Darch View Post
    Well, it took longer than expected to reach 25 posts lol, but back as promised to rep you for a great tutorial Baron
    NP and your welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daradain View Post
    Greetings.

First off, awesome guide. Very useful. However, I was was wanting to take it a step further.

Because I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic, I was wanting to make an overall music mod for TA, giving each team its own music set. I have the complete scores from all three of the Lord of the Rings movies, so I have great music that would sound great in the game. Though I can do this now with Gondor and the Dwarves, I cannot change Rohan's music without changing both Dale and Eriador. Same goes for Isengard, Mordor, goblins, Ruhn, Harad, and both elf teams. I am just wondering, how can I change the script to allow me to play music for each team?

Any help would be awesome. Thanks
    Glad you liked the tutorial. As for your question: I am afraid it is not possible to implement your idea. Music is unfortunately tied to culture in this game, since gondor and the dwarves have their own culture, they can have their own music. Then your next question might be: why not give factions such as mordor, isengard, rhun, harad, etc their own culture? Well the game can only have a limited number of different cultures (I believe it was 7 or something like that). TATW uses all available cultureslots.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

I would love Isengard to have their own independent music, is there a way to just simply annex eastern music, which to me sucks. I mean, it is literally the original game music... They should share mordors music, or would that be a mess to mess with... Taking out one culture, to replace with another.

Hello, it's me again. =D

Now, 2.0 is released. And I want to play it with my own music too. I changed all files and in-game there is my own music, but...

...only the Northmen-music. So with Mordor there comes the northmen music, with the elves there comes the northmen music and so on and i don't know why. =/

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Scout of Imladris View Post
    Hello, it's me again. =D

Now, 2.0 is released. And I want to play it with my own music too. I changed all files and in-game there is my own music, but...

...only the Northmen-music. So with Mordor there comes the northmen music, with the elves there comes the northmen music and so on and i don't know why. =/
    This might help = http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=375439

Yes, I post my question before your solution. Thanks. =)

scarybandit's Avatar Semisalis

easier way:

1 start a media player with playlist of your choice.
    2 start tatw with music off
    3 alt tab to change music at will
    DRM promotes piracy.

Thank you very much for that tutorial ! I have one problem though: I can hear all the new music i added, but the unit-selecting-comments are gone and i some other sounds too also on the battle map. When i put back my original "events" files, the sounds are back again but now my new music is gone !

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Daramos View Post
    Thank you very much for that tutorial ! I have one problem though: I can hear all the new music i added, but the unit-selecting-comments are gone and i some other sounds too also on the battle map. When i put back my original "events" files, the sounds are back again but now my new music is gone !
    Possible reason: you didn't install (or installed correctly) the text files I provided in the OP.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Thanks you Baron Samedi, i forgot that step, now it works !
    One thing i did not understand: "Copy these text files also to (WITHOUT allowing them to overwrite the original files!):
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data"
    I made a backup of all these text files in my third age folder and then overwrote them with your files. Everything else makes no sense to me. If i tell windows not to overwrite my files, it will either do nothing or rename the new files.

Hi, how do i make to the music sounds in the order i like? i put a very long playlist of lord oh the rings and M2TW, but they always play randomly, by the way Great tutorial you have made TATW a in better experience that it already is...

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I think the only way to do that is to put the music into one file in the order that you want, though I'm not sure.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Moved as it better belongs here.

Coxy's Avatar Miles

This post can be deleted if a mod sees it - I answered my own question
    Last edited by Coxy; January 22, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

Dokka's Avatar Civis

It worked well, but all the other sounds doesnt play anymore, if someone can help me...

I'm truly pissed off. I did as in your tutorial. It worked ALMOST perfectly.

I could replace every campaign music I wanted to BUT I have a problem with battle musics. As you know, the music battle is the dwarves' one in dwarf regions, the northmen's one in northmen region, etc. So I did this for every faction : for I only wanted the same battle musics for every factions, I put the same musics in every "battle" folder of every factions in the music folder. Then, I wrote this in the descr_sound_music file : state MUSIC_FRONTEND
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/northmen(/elves/gondor/evil/dwarves etc)/battle
    Foundations_of_Stone.mp3
    Isengard_Unleashed.mp3
    The_Fields_of_Pelennor.mp3
    The_Uruk_Hai.mp3
    Amon_Hen.mp3
    A_Journey_in_the_Dark.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_MOBILIZE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/northmen(or elves/evil/gondor etc)/battle
    The_White_Tree.mp3
    Minas_Tirith.mp3
    The_White_Rider.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/northmen (and all the other factions) /battle
    A_Knife_in_the_Dark.mp3
    The_Bridge_of_Khazad_Dum.mp3
    The_End_of_All_Things.mp3
    Forth_Eorlingas.mp3
    Helms_Deep.mp3
    end

It works perfectly for Northmen and it seems it works well for Gondor and Eastern.
    HOWEVER when I play Dwarves or an evil faction (perhaps elves, I did'nt try) all I get is a crappy silence.

With this line (folder data/sounds/music/northmen/battle), I tried to put "northmen" to every faction. It failed again.
    Any solution, please ? I'm becoming mad. Perhaps it's ridiculous but, it kills all the fun...

Oh, sorry for my english. I don't know if it's very well for it's not my main language...

Dokka's Avatar Civis

No one going to help ?

I just want the vanilla MTW music
    is that easier to do? and how?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast