Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    This is very frustrating.

Can you help me Baron?

I am trying to get two battle map tracks working and they don't play.

Spoiler for descr_sounds_music
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ELVES ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

music_type greek

;;; FRONTEND

state MUSIC_FRONTEND
    event
    folder data/sounds/music
    TH4G_Music-The_Epic.mp3
    end

;;; BAttlE MAP

state MUSIC_BATTLE_TENSION
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/elves/battle
    the_calm.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_MOBILIZE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/elves/battle
    the_elves_march_to_battle.mp3
    end

state MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE
    event
    folder data/sounds/music/northmen/battle
    al7_speech.mp3
    Flight_to_the_Ford.mp3
    end

"the_calm" and "the_elves_march_to_battle" won't play it just plays the default music thats in the mod and I can't figure out why.

help please?
    Assuming you didn't make any errors with spelling, putting tracks in the right folder, deleting the dat & event files etc., maybe it has to do with hearing music of the enemy you fight (which was noted by other users and which was confirmed by me some time ago). Have you tried playing a custom battle with the elves faction? This should at least avoid that problem (or copy the music for all the other factions to). Do you hear the music when you for instance put it in the campaign background music section? That way you at least know it works in game. Hope that helped for ya or at least put you in the right direction in solving your problem.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

When I played a custom battle I heard neither music.

I'll try the campaign suggestion later.

Icon4 Re: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    * Update: I received a message that filefront for no reason deleted the download-links. Therefore I uploaded the text files again. I have some problems with uploading the music files (filefront really starts to annoy me), so I will maybe upload them some other time if someone really needs them.
    It seems the text files have disappeared again. Can you do something about it, please? Thanks!

Hi,

I'm goin to add old good RTW music and M2TW music too

But the second download with the txt files won't download, it says file is unavailable for the moment, please upload it again

No need for that anymore, I managed to make it work...

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown Wizard of Rhosgobel View Post
    It seems the text files have disappeared again. Can you do something about it, please? Thanks!
    I fixed this now. I don't use external links no more so the text files now remain accessible for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LuiSius_ScutaRuS View Post
    No need for that anymore, I managed to make it work...
    Glad you got it working. Enjoy the music!

@ Warlord62119
    For people like you (vista users) who for instance can't get the IDX extractor for some reason get to work proper, I uploaded a rar file with the mp3 files so you can download them directly.
    I'm a Vista user, and the IDX extractor doesn't work for me; moreover, the rar file you uploaded isn't available anymore.

If I try to extract music, voice and sfx files, the extractor crashes.

If I try to extract only music and voice files, the extractor apparently works but no data folder appears anywhere.

Vista is really annoying me...

I'm a Vista user, and the IDX extractor doesn't work for me; moreover, the rar file you uploaded isn't available anymore.

If I try to extract music, voice and sfx files, the extractor crashes.

If I try to extract only music and voice files, the extractor apparently works but no data folder appears anywhere.

Vista is really annoying me...
    I think uploading all the sound files (around 370mb in total) is not a good solution since the sounds are more or less changed with each new version of TATW. In the download link for the IDX extractor I came across a comment that might help you (I can't confirm it since I am an XP user, but it does also extract the sounds for XP).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just a short note: the batch files attempt to extract all *idx files it knows about in “one pass”. Apparently it is very memory intensive labour on a 64bit Vista system which is probably why I could get this to work only by extracting the files in more than “one pass”.

A quick solution is to change the extract_sounds.bat file to:

Code:

for %%I in (*idx) do .\xidx -x %%I
    pause
    Which attempts to extract all *idx files one by one as if they are sound archives. If an *idx file isn't a sound archive then the xidx program will spit out an error but the batch file still continues with the next item in the list.

Maybe this might help the vista users.Let me know if that works.
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; August 10, 2009 at 07:09 AM.

In the download link for the IDX extractor I came across a comment that might help you (I can't confirm it since I am an XP user, but it does also extract the sounds for XP).
    OK, now it extracts music, voice and sfx files. The problem is that, once the program has finished and I press a button, I should see a new folder appearing called "data", but I can't see any such folder anywhere. Still, I'm not getting any error advices, so it doesn't look like an authorization problem (and I disabled authorization checks for all the SEGA folder anyway). I can't understand what's happening...

I can't understand what's happening...
    Well the problem is that I don't understand Vista!

I got some final suggestions though:
    1. Try running it as admin (see post 12) and / or try running it under Windows XP compatibility mode.
    2. Create a new batch file extracting only one part of the files you need untill you have them all (music, voice, sfx) --> right click and edit the extract_sounds.bat file
    3. Maybe the ''data'' folder is created but on a different location / or it is hidden; use the search function to find this folder, but the new ''data'' folder should by default always appear in the same folder where you use the extract_sounds.bat file, namely:
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds

I finally solved the problem by copying the whole sounds folder on the desktop, extracting the files there (without any problem), and then copying the sounds folder back in its original position. It seems it's working!
    Thanks for your help (and damn Vista)! :-D

That is great news for the vista users! If this is confirmed by other vista users who can't get the IDX-extractor to work proper then I will put your method in my first post. To check if the tool extracts everything proper; the folders in the new created ''data'' folder are: music folder (around 134mb), SFX folder (around 3.6mb), Voice folder (around 194mb) = in total 332 mb for TATW version 1.2. Good luck with adding your own music to TATW.

Hi, PLEASE read my post about an error I've found...
    Everithing worked well, but suddenly paf!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290632

Hi, PLEASE read my post about an error I've found...
    Everithing worked well, but suddenly paf!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290632
    Since you got your own added music working in the mod i'm guessing you didn't install (or correctly) the text files. Without them you indeed will not hear voices correctly. Another possibility may be the proper extraction of voice folder in: …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds

And remember there is no need to reinstall the whole game or mod if you screw something up you are not aware off or if you just can't find a proper solution for it:
    1. Make a back up (stored in a different folder) of the four following files: ‘‘events’’ (.dat & .idx) and ‘‘music’’ (.dat & .idx) files in:
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds
    This step allows you to undo any changes that you have made with respect to sounds. To restore everything to the original settings, simply copy and past these four files back.

Baron could you upload once again the text files please?

I'm having the same problem now, i've installed the mod from scratch and I get a CTD when the game is loading (after having deleted the 4 files -music and events-)
    BTW I'm still having problems with the sound extractor, keep on having an error even after following your instructions step by step...

About the files, it says in filefront that the files are no longer available

Please help

NO NEED FOR THAT..; THANKS!
    Last edited by LuiSius_ScutaRuS; September 20, 2009 at 02:30 PM.

Hi,
    Just wondering if there is a limit concerning the number of songs you can add into the game.

Hi,
    Just wondering if there is a limit concerning the number of songs you can add into the game.
    With respect to the campaign background music there is to my knowledge no real limit. The only problem is when you add many songs to TATW, it will take a very long time to load the mod when you first start it after you have made changes. I for instance use 30 good loftr soundtracks for the campaign with a size around 300 mb. Just a matter if you have patience or a good computer, but it's all possible.

As for battle music, intro music etc, there is no need to add many songs since the top music soundtrack for each section in the descr_sounds_music.txt file will be played only of I remember correctly.

You can always see if all the music is adequately incorporated into TATW by checking that the events & music files in: …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\sounds become larger & larger each time you add more music.

Awesome. Thanks very much!

Darch's Avatar Libertus

Excellent tutorial Baron Samedi! I'd rep you if I could! (and will, once I make it to 25 posts).

However, I'm wondering if yourself, or indeed anyone else can answer a question for me?

I'm essentially looking for a list of the different music types in the game. I think they're referred to as "states". You mention some of them in an above post.........

• Intro music, when the game starts; under section: ;;; FRONTEND
    • Battle music at the beginning of the battle; under section: ;;; BAttlE MAP
    • Battle music when units march on the battlefield; under section: ;;; BAttlE MAP
    • Battle music when your units clash with the enemy; under section: ;;; BAttlE MAP
    • Music when you march victorious from the battlefield: under section: ;;; BATTLE MAP RESULT
    • Music when you fail hopeless on the battlefield: under section: ;;; BATTLE MAP RESULT
    • etc...
    • etc...
    • etc...

......but I'm looking for the complete list, if you or anybody else could provide it? I'm away at the moment so can't access my TW folders, but I do have my music collection with me, so I'd like to start compiling a list of tracks to use, and where I can use them

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Darch; February 01, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darch View Post
    Excellent tutorial Baron Samedi! I'd rep you if I could! (and will, once I make it to 25 posts).

However, I'm wondering if yourself, or indeed anyone else can answer a question for me?

I'm essentially looking for a list of the different music types in the game. I think they're referred to as "states". You mention some of them in an above post.........

......but I'm looking for the complete list, if you or anybody else could provide it? I'm away at the moment so can't access my TW folders, but I do have my music collection with me, so I'd like to start compiling a list of tracks to use, and where I can use them

Thanks in advance!
    I provided a rather complete list in my first post:
    Overview of the parts in descr_sounds_music.txt file that you can edit:

* Intro music under section: [;;; FRONTEND]
    * Music at the beginning of the battle under section: [;;; BAttlE MAP] --> [state MUSIC_BATTLE_TENSION]
    * Music when your units march under section: [;;; BAttlE MAP] --> [state MUSIC_BATTLE_MOBILIZE]
    * Music when your units encounter the enemy under section: [;;; BAttlE MAP] --> [state MUSIC_BATTLE_BATTLE]
    * Music if your win was closely under section: [;;; BATTLE MAP RESULT] --> [state MUSIC_RESULT_WIN_CLOSE]
    * Everything else rest under section: [;;; BATTLE MAP RESULT] is self explanatory.
    * Music when loading your campaign under section: [;;; CAMPMAP --> [state MUSIC_CAMPAIGN_LOADING]
    * Music when the pre battle scroll appears on the campaign under section: [;;; CAMPMAP] --> [state MUSIC_PREBATTLE_SCROLL]
    * Music when your units won closely on the campaign under section: [;;; CAMPMAP] --> [state MUSIC_RESULT_STRAT_WIN_CLOSE]
    * Everything else under section: [;;; CAMPMAP] is self explanatory.
    * Music if you successfully completed your campaign under section: [;;; CAMPAIGN RESULT] --> [state MUSIC_CAMPAIGN_VICTORY]
    * Music if you failed to complete your campaign under section: [;;; CAMPAIGN RESULT] --> [state MUSIC_CAMPAIGN_DEFEAT]
    * Music if you display credits in menu under section: [;;; CREDITS]
    Note: for background music you need to put the names of your music files under section: [state MUSIC_STRATMAP_SUMMER] as well as section: [state MUSIC_STRATMAP_WINTER] as you can see in my example with ''Frodo.mp3''.

Its all pretty self explanatory when you see the different sections in descr_sounds_music.txt.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast