Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: How To Play TATW With Your Own Music

Updated OP with new pics.

This method also works for TATW 3.1 if you follow the steps in the OP carefully! I know because I play with custom music myself.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    Updated OP with new pics.

This method also works for TATW 3.1 if you follow the steps in the OP carefully! I know because I play with custom music myself.
    Well, like I mentioned before, I am using Windows 7, and I run into problems when using the IDX Extractor. The Rar file that is supposed to fix the issue is no longer on filefront.

I don't really see the point of this:

2.. Download the attached file and extract the text files in:
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data
    Copy these text files also to (WITHOUT allowing them to overwrite the original files!):
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data

I can't get it to work, and I think it has something to do with that step. If I understand it correctly, I should have a whole lot of 'descr_sounds_.... (2)'? Why should I do that?

I did some tests, and if I delete all songs except for my own songs in the descr file, it's deadly silent in my campaign. So I wonder if the error might be somewhere else, perhaps in the naming of the mp3's. I just renamed the mp3 files, so that they are easier to copy. Should I perhaps change the 'internal name' of the music, or is that not the point?

Any help would be appreciated, I really like the idea of adding my own music to this wonderful mod.

Thanks in advance!

Wow this is way too complicated, just turn off game music and play LOTR music in iTunes. Win. The only thing that gets annoying is the little theme every time you end turn but it is very short.

Quote Originally Posted by Spits32 View Post
    Wow this is way too complicated, just turn off game music and play LOTR music in iTunes. Win. The only thing that gets annoying is the little theme every time you end turn but it is very short.
    I usually do this, though not always only with the lotr soundtracks, I just find it quite easier to turn of the master volume for the entire game, and just listen to my own, as there isn't anything specific you really NEED to hear, and the combat music and combat sounds is... meh. I manage without!

Quote Originally Posted by Morkern View Post
    I usually do this, though not always only with the lotr soundtracks, I just find it quite easier to turn of the master volume for the entire game, and just listen to my own, as there isn't anything specific you really NEED to hear, and the combat music and combat sounds is... meh. I manage without!
    Yes Game of Thrones, Batman, and Gladiator goes well also. You just need to adjust the fx volume slider bars w/ your itunes volume to get a good mix of music and metal on skull crushing.

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Deleted.
    Last edited by Rhaenys Targaryen; July 03, 2012 at 04:51 AM.

Everyone who still uses this tutorial, you must use this program if you are using Vista and up you must use this program in order to properly extract the sfx:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Extractor-v1-2

This will fix the problem of the missing rar. Enjoy.

Hey guys, is this tutorial compatible with MOS 1.41? I got my own custom music working in game, but all the script notifications don't show up at the start of a campaign. It also appears that this method does not work when running Baron's submod compilation. Does anybody else have this issue or know of a fix?

My game doesn't rebuild events.dat and music.dat. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't really have an idea. Does it also not rebuild without any edits to vanilla btw?

Can someone help me with this part?

2.Download the attached file and extract the text files in:
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data
    Copy these text files also to (WITHOUT allowing them to overwrite the original files!):
    …\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data

I don't know what are the attached files

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567