Thread: Editing the unit limit

Default Editing the unit limit

Hi guys,

First of all, my compliments, i'm using this mod since it's out and it's a very good one, and at least for me, the best out so far. So a big hug to the mod creators and designers.

Now, i've got one question: i used to edit the unit limit since i actually tend to put at least one or two militias in every city as garrison, and the mod limit this unit to 10 per theatre.

Problem is, since last update, i can no longer change the limits because, when opening the mod_is.pack with the packfile manager an error occurs when i try to access the land unit tables (unexpected exception -> impossible to read beyond end of flux. actually this is a rather bad translation on my part, since i've got my o.s. in italian, anyway my assumption is that the problem occurs because the table is not correctly closed)

It's just me, or there is something wrong here?

Thx,
    Mith84

Default Re: Editing the unit limit

there is a new version of PFM out, Q might have switched over when setting up 1.72, the data files changed slightly with the patch, requiring a new version of PFM. if that isnt the case, i seem to remember an option in the new pfm version allowing it to open "older" .pack files.

Quote Originally Posted by Valakov View Post
    there is a new version of PFM out, Q might have switched over when setting up 1.72, the data files changed slightly with the patch, requiring a new version of PFM. if that isnt the case, i seem to remember an option in the new pfm version allowing it to open "older" .pack files.

thx for the answer!

i already have the new pfm (1.11) and the problem comes up even with the previous version (1.10).
    I was wondering, are you able to open that specific table in the mod_is.pack with the pfm, or do you get the same error message as me?

Senator

I am able to open up the units_table, the part of the .pack that holds the entry for unit limits, and edit things. I am using the version 1.11b of the PFM.

yep, it works now.

I had the 1.11 version of the pfm but it worked only when i tried the 1.11b version.

Thx for the help guys,
    Mith84