Thread: A long time gone seeking a little advice

Default A long time gone seeking a little advice

Wow. The last time I was here was in 2006 and I must say that you guys have done some amazing work adding to what was already outstanding. I've been playing off and on RTR Gold (6.0, I think) but haven't had the time to invest to follow further developments--but I can't hold off any longer. I have BI, but way back when I got it, it was for the eagerly anticipated RTR 7.0, as I recall, which had not arrived at the time of my departure from following developments, and after installing BI and taking a look at it, I set it aside until such time as I returned here to look for further developments. Anyway, I've been reading for a few hours now about some of the mods available, and must confess to being more than a little confused.

I have tried playing some of the other factions besides Rome but have always lost interest and gone back to Rome. I play on hard with huge formations but would like to move foward. Imperator II sounds really intriguing, but I can't quite determine whether it will work with RTW 1.2 and BI or does it require 1.5 (the existence of which I was unaware of until a couple of hours ago.) I'm sure that this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I have yet to find it. So how about some advice for a returnee to the fold? Thanks a lot--and thank you for many, many hours of delight.

Michael

Default Re: A long time gone seeking a little advice

Firstly, welcome to the twcenter.
    To play Imperator II, you need unmodded BI version 1.6 to play it.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. My understanding is that Imperator II needs RTRPE, so will that work with RTW 1.2 and BI?

RTRPE needs RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6. If you have RTR 6 you should reinstall and then update RTW to 1.5 and BI to 1.6.

Roger. I'll start the uninstallation/reinstallation. Thanks for the info.

You don't need RTRPE to play Imperator, you can play them at the same time though, providing you have the RTRPE mod-switch version.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

Okay then. Let me see if I have it right. I've just uninstalled RTR Gold final version and BI. The process as I understand it would be thus:

Install RTW.
    Install BI.
    Install 1.6 patch
    Install Imperator II v.1.9
    Install Imperator II - Apocalypto (v2.1) patch

Question: where or when do I install RTRPE?

Imperator and RTRPE are seperate mods, so they have seperate folders, so once you install IMperator you can play it but if you want to play RTRPE you can install it of here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105336
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

I tried the Imperator sequence and got an error message so I uninstalled everything and started over but installed RTRPE instead. It works fine; apparently I had buggered something or other. So can I install Imperator now or do I need to start from scratch?

Edit: I went ahead and installed Imperator II and received the same error message as I had before to the effect that Windows could not find Rome TW-BI. I'm not sure why that is, other than perhaps that my installation is on my D drive instead of C.
    Last edited by Panzer; May 04, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

which RTRPE have you installed? is it the mod-foldered one? if the one in the link I gave you then try installing Imperator 1.8 then 2.1.
    Also, check if your installing it to the right place, you might have installed one in Activision and the other in the Creative assembly.

PM if you still have problems.
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Michael/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Michael/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]
    Caius Valerius Messala
    Patrician

This is what my installation looks like:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The error message comes upon selecting either of the two campaigns in Imperator. I might add that in RTRPE is working fine.

Edit: I moved the campaign files and the Imp file into the Rome - Total War folder and it runs.
    Last edited by Panzer; May 05, 2009 at 07:57 AM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and the reply. My understanding is that Imperator II needs RTRPE, so will that work with RTW 1.2 and BI?
    The original Imperator was made actually for RTR 6 Gold which rund on RTW 1.2 thou8gh I'm not sure the link still exist (at filefront).

Don't even have it on my pc anymore though.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook