Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Britain's Youth

Patrick_B@teman's Avatar Civis

It seems to me that Britain is in a right mess. It seems that every day I hear some sort of youth attack on some unsuspecting person. Just the other day a guy was beaten up for dealing with a gang of youths who threw a stone at his car. And a couple of weeks back a 16 yr. old was gang raped and murdered - not before having her head shaven. Her friend was shot but survived and is only just coming out of trauma. It seems to me that Labour needs to get its act together and tackle the scum on the streets. Its people like this who give Britain a bad rep and makes me sometimes disgusted to be British. My cousin from Switzerland is appaled by the condition over here. There is a serious lack of respect from kids today - and it needs to be sorted out.

What are your thoughts? Any other stories? What about punishments to give eg. Death penalty - LIFE imprisonment?

I felt like having a good rant and getting it off my chest...
    Hey, PAUL!!!!

I know, you are right its terrible. Jus askin but where in the uk are you from and how old are you?

I think there are similar problems all over the world.

I agree that those people need to be punished but in my experience this will not help in lowering the number of such attacks... it will just put known offenders off the street.

Something needs to be done BEFORE it comes to that. The mentality needs to be changed and that "work" has to be done long before a person comes even close to adulthood. Teaching proper values, common sense and taking responsibility for ones own actions is the key. Punishment is like removing the symptoms but not curing the disease.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

There seems to be probelms all over, just two days ago in Phoenix, AZ a couple of young guys where pulled over on a routine traffic stop, they shot and killed the cop because they had drugs in the car.

Here is the full story:
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...funeral18.html

I feel your problem, I was a police resevist before I went in the military in hopes to help with task force and such, but only seemed to be a lost cause.

R

Sulla's Avatar Sulla

Well a lot of forum goers are quite young. Why do you think this is happening. More freedom for the youth?

If you think about the levels of discipline for the last few thousands of years before the 1960's they were extreme. Are we getting to lax in disciplining our youth (no smacking at home, no caning at school) OR is it more likely we both parent working families are bringing much of our stress home and taking it out on our children who subsequently rebel?

Under the Patronage of the noble Senatorii Wild Bill Kelso
    Brother Of Necrobrit, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran and Oldgamer
    Patron of the Senatorii cunobelin & the CivitateLegio XX Valeria Victrix

Tis all the fkin smackheads n chavs an ****** who think theyre above everyone else.

Just like the duals topic, i say should have a war, them lot o :wub:*bags vs all the normal righteous people.
    Melee weapons only.

EDIT: No swearing please.
    --Bob!--

Originally posted by Sulla@May 18 2005, 11:40 AM
    Are we getting to lax in disciplining our youth (no smacking at home, no caning at school)
    I don't know about other people, but my parents never had any reservations about smacking me upside the head when I acted up. And since I homeschool, I got caned at school too. Still do, actually. *tongue* It doesn't seem to be that rare where I live, either (which, admittedly, is not Britain).

Not that I live in constant fear of retribution. Generally, I could care less... if I were to commit crimes, I wouldn't give a hoot what my parents thought about it/would do about it, so unless kids are very different across the pond, I doubt it's that kids don't get enough discipline.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

punishment and retribution as a method of crime control doesn't work.

once they're a criminal, its bit too late to be thinking about the problem... blair needs to go back to his older promise

"tough on the causes of crime" poverty, lack of welfare, lack of employment, lack of things to do, easy accessibility to drugs. chav culture and american influences (sorry! lol)

is there a growing youth crime problem? or is it just receiving greater media coverage...

i fovour the latter... crime statisitcs do not really show sharp rises in the levels of juvenile crime.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Patric, I assure you it is not a british thing. Similar events happen weekly, in most industrialized countries. I suggest you take a walk around the council houses in Seven Sisters, or Peckham, or Crystal palace. Look around, go to the rundown spar and the kebap or chinese which are the only shops in the area apart fron the odd "Skinners hands" where the teens are not welcome anyway, look at the garbage bins, smell, listen.
    These young criminals, are angry. And deprived. That is exactly on what people like the BNP will try and capitalise.
    Thatcher,and then Blair, and the sporadic community initiative. Three days off the street, then nothing. People say the British economy is doing fine. I'm happy I wont be near Pekcham when it will stop doing "fine".

Originally posted by Brittanicus@May 18 2005, 10:29 AM
    I know, you are right its terrible. Jus askin but where in the uk are you from and how old are you?
    I know it might sound ironic - but I'm actaully 17. I'm from South Wales around Newport, and I live in a village called Redwick. Newport is an especially violent town - especially at night. It has one of the biggest crime rates in the UK. And yes Biggus Dickuss - I totally agree with you. I voted yes for duels as well!!!

I just feel there are a lot of low life scum who are making other people's lives a misery - they should be dealt with. It gets me real angry that these fellow youths - not just in Britain - do such stupid things
    Hey, PAUL!!!!

Originally posted by Justinian@May 18 2005, 10:48 AM
    I don't know about other people, but my parents never had any reservations about smacking me upside the head when I acted up. And since I homeschool, I got caned at school too.
    Thats definatley a good point. The fact that no parent is allowed to smack their kid is just ridiculous (sp?). Discipline needs to be worked into kids at a young age so they no what is good and bad, right and wrong. But under Blairs Government - that's just a no go.
    Hey, PAUL!!!!

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

Bah, the youth should have their rights removed. The youth of Britain are capitalising on Labour's foolishness! Down with teen rights! I am a 15 year old British male. *evil grin*

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

patrick, smacking is still allowed, its beating the chilsd thats forbiden

Originally posted by Lord Tomyris@May 18 2005, 11:14 AM
    Bah, the youth should have their rights removed. The youth of Britain are capitalising on Labour's foolishness! Down with teen rights! I am a 15 year old British male. *evil grin*
    Absolutely - I'm with you buddy *wink*
    Hey, PAUL!!!!

AlexanderII's Avatar Civis

Discipline at an older age has almost no effect, if any. The discipline should be administered at younger ages to teach them right from wrong then.

I used to live in one of the worst parts in America. Troubled youths join gangs because it is like a family for them, and they protect their family and their territory. Most of the time it isn't the kids at fault, it is the parents!

To make it worse we got those liberals at the child protective services that will get up any parents ****** if you touch your kid, hell I remember once when I, the child, had to get them off my moms back just because she slapped me upside the head (I sincerely deserved it, trust me.).
    "I'm not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing..."

Mozart, the Led Zeppelin of classical music; or is it Led Zeppelin, the Mozart of classic rock?

Im basicly what would be classed as a typical chav but i agree Britains youth have no respect and who ever mentioned about that gang of youths beating up that man cus he went to check on his car as they were throwing stones at them it happend in Northampton were i live and not far its because with have all these ****** head gangs and crews about something needs 2 really be done

<<<English Pride>>>

hormiga's Avatar Senator

Isnt this typical behavior for Brits when their favorite soccer team loses or they run out of tea?

Cliomhdubh's Avatar Campidoctor

i think its a bit strange alright i mean there are a few places in ireland which are full of chavs (we call them scangers) but they tend to be the more economicly troubled areas and usally suffer from lack of services eg youth clubs, personally i think its boredom theres nothing else to do so they get up to mischief

From the great Gales of Ireland
    Are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry,
    And all their songs are sad.
    G. K. Chesterton

stereotypes will get you very little hormiga

Hormiga you know nothing of britain i could just say that all americans are obese micky mouse lovers but i dont think like that...

EDIT:: rest of this post editted for flaming. don;t rise to the bait. tBP

<<<English Pride>>>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast