Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uruk Voices Mod 0.5

Default Uruk Voices Mod 0.5

Version 0.6

Download:
    New version out here.

Default Re: Uruk Voices Mod 0.5

Nice work there mate + rep 4 u

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

Do you mean Isengard Uruk or Mordor Uruks? Anyway i`ll try it.

both actually, but the mordor uruks won't say stuff like "i take orders only from saruman".

U should do it with all the factions the more the better

Some kids like to pee there names on the snow in winter... Chuck Norris can pee his name into solid concrete!

Chuck Norris doesn't have to shape his hair... It stays in shape out of sheer fear.

A snake once bit Chuck. After five days of extreme pain... The snake died.

I agree with TempestKhan - All factions please.

In my opinion (if any cares ) Bfme 1 voices were the absolute best.

Oh GREAT mod btw

Quote Originally Posted by Naxon View Post
    both actually, but the mordor uruks won't say stuff like "i take orders only from saruman".
    mordor is sauron, isengard is saruman

also, i tried using the xidx file, but it didnt work

indeed i should add voices to all the factions, but it takes quite a lot of work, especially since i didn't really consider this a very ambitious project. i heard they will have worked on the voices in the next version and if i feel there is no need for improvement then i probably won't continue this mod. but we'll see how it goes.

as for the xidx, it should be placed in the sounds folder along with extract_sounds.bat. and you should run the latter. then a folder will appear called data, which contains another folder called sounds. So basicly, after extracting; everything in mods\Third_Age\data\sounds\data\sounds must be placed in mods\Third_Age\data\sounds. after that you must place the idx and dat files somewhere else, otherwise the game will continue to use them.

i admit i was rather vague in my instructions and i'll try to rephrase it soon.

For me i copied the Voice.dat and the other .Idx file to another location then used the application to decompress it. I added the voices and placed the new file in the sound directory - The idx and dat are already removed but when i play a custom battle i still hear the original voices :-s

did you extract the sound files to where they should be?
    also, i think you need to remove ALL idx and dat files, 'cause it didn't work for me when i just took voice.idx and voice.dat out (even though that is the only one that is used in this mod)

I've tried installing twice now and I've got the same result both times.

Instead of gaining new sounds i loose allot of sounds. No Uruk voices can be heard at all and when I use the arrow to klick on a unit to attack I can't hear the regular metal sound that should be heard. there are several other sound that are missing aswell.

You say that the game should be loading a little longer because of the repacking, but it loads really fast for me : /

please help me! I really want this mod to work, the voices are awesome!

Edit: Actually none of the sounds of any factions works... : /
    New installer would be awesome : P
    Last edited by Esskil; May 03, 2009 at 05:00 PM.

Can't you upload it in a better installer...

Sounds great but I cant even be bothered reading all the install instructions!

but ill +rep anyway because its not ur fault I'm lazy

i'm really sorry if your games get messed up but the way i said it it should work, but if you have copies than it should be no problem.

and now i'm beginning to doubt, i'm gonna try installing my mod on a clean install of third age and see if there's anything i've missed.

I had backup so there was no problem fixing everything back, but I just really want it to work

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Rep+

I haven't installed it yet, but will do it later.
    I will probably get it to work if everything is allright and could help with instructions
    for those who don't get it to work. But.. Later.

It doesn't work unfortunately, I backupped so it's all good, though really I don't think it made any change whatsoever. I didn't lose voices, but I didn't gain any... I also triple checked everything was in the right place. I should note one finding however, my txt sound files kept mysteriously dissapearing from the data folder after I started the game...

i don't have an installer but i have a new release with slightly more stuff and some clearer info.

When I run the extract_sounds.bat I get a message saying that "xidx.exe has failed" after it tries to extract files in SFX. Any idea whats going wrong?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast