Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troll bug :(

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Icon4 Troll bug :(

hi everyone,

first of all, wow what a great mod has allready given me countless hours of fun.

I'm playing the high elves in the campaign allready conquered eriador, dwarfs and certain parts of isenguard and orcs of the misty mountains. Now In a siege I found myself outnumbered and facing trolls (how I hate them) imo trolls are overpowered in the fact that the ai sometimes spamms them like hell (have allready faced an army consisting 6 trolls), now during the siege I saw something very strange:

I thought that trolls had the carateristics of cavalry so they couldn't get on walls. imo this should be fixed trolls are strong and on walls they're undefeatable

just thought I'd point this out

greetz, and thx for this awesome mod!
    falcon

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Troll bug :(

The trolls are classed as heavy infantry so the AI controls them correctly, as they are heavy infantry they can get on the walls.

ahem, but yes, i think they should be heavy cavalry, partly to stop this, but also so that spear men would stand a bit more of a chance againced them, so it would help with the fact that so many people are complaining that they're over powered
    atm, you counter archers with cavalry, cavalry with spear men, spear men with havy infantry ect
    but trolls are so ing big, there isn't realy much you can do to effectivly counter them unless you count the tacktic of "OK EVERY ONE, trolls are there, kill they ass"

but it's not really correct, I don't think trolls can get true those little doors to the walls

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

If they were heavy cavalry the AI would use the trolls to flank and attack archers etc, not the head on charges trolls are designed for.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

It's a TW game guys, Trolls are heavy infantry, and if it makes you feel happy, notice it's a wooden palisade? Imagine the trolls ripped holes in the walls and climbed up.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

When I first saw Trolls getting through the doorways to get on the walls it cracked me up because looking at them there's no way they should fit through, but the funniest thing is when you see Trolls charging the walls carrying ladders! lol.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Or using Siege Ladders, now that's really funny, fitting through that very small crack between levels.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul-Killer View Post
    It's a TW game guys, Trolls are heavy infantry, and if it makes you feel happy, notice it's a wooden palisade? Imagine the trolls ripped holes in the walls and climbed up.
    lol if they do that I give up ^^

But ok I understand why they shouldn't be heavy cav. but it's really unfair now caus you cannot beat trolls on walls, you coul only pull off the walls in the hope to defeat them with more units.

There should be an effective counter for trolls! spears would be the most realistic I think, pls fix it it's so hard to beat them like this

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Use Troll Away Spray, a good bug killer.

Unfair? Simply use Archers before they reach the walls. You got 4 Elven archer units, easy enough!

Or even funnier, when they are gaurding the enemie walls, bombard the wall with ballistas/catapults.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; May 03, 2009 at 07:37 AM.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul-Killer View Post
    Imagination is exclusivity of mankind and we certainly should use it.

Eriagon's Avatar Centenarius

Well Trolls are only 9 feet tall, so lorewise they could get onto the wall

Quote Originally Posted by Eriagon View Post
    Well Trolls are only 9 feet tall, so lorewise they could get onto the wall
    They can't climb a ladder And I bet a siege tower won't be large enough either. Oh, and they don't fit through those little doors either.
    Gameplay > tiny little things

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by lennartje View Post
    They can't climb a ladder And I bet a siege tower won't be large enough either. Oh, and they don't fit through those little doors either.
    Imagine that they have jetpacks mounted on their backs and they fly to top of wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Badg3r View Post
    ahem, but yes, i think they should be heavy cavalry, partly to stop this, but also so that spear men would stand a bit more of a chance againced them, so it would help with the fact that so many people are complaining that they're over powered
    atm, you counter archers with cavalry, cavalry with spear men, spear men with havy infantry ect
    but trolls are so ing big, there isn't realy much you can do to effectivly counter them unless you count the tacktic of "OK EVERY ONE, trolls are there, kill they ass"

Use spys to find out what your facing.If there are large Trolls get Catapults.They are very effective against Trolls.So many people whine about Trolls.Use tatics to kill them.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; May 07, 2009 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varjon View Post
    Imagine that they have jetpacks mounted on their backs and they fly to top of wall.

Actually they go through the door like the rest of the units do.When i used Catapults you can see them running for cover either to the next wall section or to the ground level.Catapults really work well against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpilot View Post
    lol if they do that I give up ^^

But ok I understand why they shouldn't be heavy cav. but it's really unfair now caus you cannot beat trolls on walls, you coul only pull off the walls in the hope to defeat them with more units.

There should be an effective counter for trolls! spears would be the most realistic I think, pls fix it it's so hard to beat them like this

Catapults,catapults,catapults.Don't engage them unless you have the proper equipment.

I do not want the mod creators to make killing Mountain or Battle Trolls easier.They are fine as they are.They are the most feared unit to go up against as they should be.Use tactics to beat them.I have no problem killing them.Seige weapons and alot of archers do the job.If you think your seige army is to weak to finnish the job keep a reinforcement army in waiting.By then you should have killed most of the large Trolls and knocked a hole in the walls.Retreat the seige army and let the assault army come in.Tactics.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; May 07, 2009 at 08:31 PM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Catapults,catapults,catapults.Don't engage them unless you have the proper equipment.

I do not want the mod creators to make killing Mountain or Battle Trolls easier.They are fine as they are.They are the most feared unit to go up against as they should be.Use tactics to beat them.I have no problem killing them.Seige weapons and alot of archers do the job.If you think your seige army is to weak to finnish the job keep a reinforcement army in waiting.By then you should have killed most of the large Trolls and knocked a hole in the walls.Retreat the seige army and let the assault army come in.Tactics.
    It's hard enough as Gondor to hold back Mordor and Rhun but when the Mountain Trolls are added to the Mix, it's game Over Gondor.

I don't see why they couldn't end up on walls by climbing though the in-game screenshot you provided is hilarious looking indeed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast