Thread: mss32.dll not found

Default mss32.dll not found

The game wont start up because it says it cant find the file mss32.dll and suggests I reinstall the game. Is there any way I can fix this without reinstalling?

Default Re: mss32.dll not found

Ok I downloaded it but now it is saying that the procedure point AIL_init_stream @16 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll...help

Strange... Could you post a screenshot of this error?

Do you have the Steam version? If so did you follow these instructions?

I did have steam when I downloaded empire total war but I uninstalled steam and empire to make room for this game. I downloaded the third age from this page.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253976

Sorry I cant get you a screenshot unless you tell me how. If you havnt noticed your are not dealing with a computer wiz here. But I have gotten mods to work in the past. I did get stainless steel to work and but third age is giving me trouble.

I got it to work. I installed in the main medieval total war folder instead of a mod folder and it worked thanks for the help thoros

i have the same problem - "the procedure entry point _AIL_init_stream@16 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll"
    it's mss32.dll version 6.6.7.0 according to the file properties. it's currently in both of the Medieval II directory and Third_Age folder but nowhere else on the computer - it used to be in windows system and system32 until i got advice to remove it from there. i have Steam but not for kingdoms, ie. there is no Medieval in my steam folder.

can anyone help me? what exactly did you do harry?

and by the way the main kingdoms launcher gets the same message
    Last edited by lachlander; January 03, 2010 at 06:19 AM.

now it's slightly different - i used a different version of mss32.dll and it says "procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_orientation@28 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll"
    clearly the problem is the same and i just shifted it sideways. a reinstall of kingdoms did nothing even though i was hoping to find the appropriate dll file.

please can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1862 View Post
    The game wont start up because it says it cant find the file mss32.dll and suggests I reinstall the game. Is there any way I can fix this without reinstalling?
    Hi,
    http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/mss32.dll/

You can fix it here...just follow the link.
    I also registered few dll's from this site as it is free...worked in my case.

sorry to necro thread this, but .....

do not download DLL files from places like "FIX DLL PROBLEMS DOT COM"

"A stable, clean, and updated copy of any DLL file can only be guaranteed by the developer. Websites that allow individual DLL downloads are in all but the rarest cases not approved places for downloading DLLs."

Reinstall the relevant software - or google how to solve problem properly.

Had the same pronlem, i google it and found the solution here http://mss32dll.org/