Thread: "cant find file Kingdoms.exe"

Default "cant find file Kingdoms.exe"

I have downloaded patch 1 and 2, plus hotfix but when i try to open game it comes up with error of "cant find file kindoms.exe" can somebody plz help me.

Default Re: "cant find file Kingdoms.exe"

Do you have Kingdoms installed? Did you install the mod to the Medieval directory?

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

There are several questions you must ask yourself:
    A) Do you have Kingdoms installed?
    B) Did you install TA:TW properly? As in, did you follow the instructions given by KK?
    C) Do you feel like doing the easy way out?
    If you picked A/B, check.
    If you picked C, you could just create a shortcut from Kingdoms.exe (Assuming you have it installed) and put it with the TA:TW.bat or whatever it may be called.
    The TA:TW execution program is programmed to seek out the Kingdoms.exe in its folder, meaning that if they are at the same folder, it should work properly, now to avoid ANY complications, make a SHORTCUT, don't copy/cut the Kingdoms.exe or it will not work. You need to make a shortcut and put it in the same directory of the TA:TW.bat or whatever the execution program for TA:TW is called.
    Hope this helped!
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Boosey's Avatar Laetus

I had this problem too; easily fixed though! I had installed kingdoms but not installed any of the new campaigns, so essentially just the patches - I literally just popped the disc in and installed only one of the campaigns (crusades?) and then tried again (didn't even bother re-installing TATW) and it started first time Hope this works mate

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

1. do you have kingdoms installed?
    2. did you install the mod into the M2TW directory?

if the answer to these 2 question is yes, then you should have third_age folder in m2tw/mods, open it and run third_age.bat

got it fixed, i didn't install any of the new kingdons campaigns... it's fixed now! thanks everyone!