Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0

Icon10 Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0

Here's version 4.0:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=955

IMPORTANT:
    You may use BBB and all parts of it freely without asking permission, EXCEPT GRAPHICS marked "Tokus_xx" for those you must ask permission from Tokus. If you do not ask, you may not use them.

This thread is for discussion of v4.0 plus any updates that fall under that number, like v4.1a, should bug fixes be needed.

This mod:
    Is aimed at people who want more of an RPG experience in the game without it affecting the strategic/tactical gameplay in too overhanded a manner.

NEW in v4.0:
    • NEW Supply system! A VERY streamlined, "adds to the fun" and doesn't make for a nuisance supply system has been added. You will find that you need fleets to support your far away invasions now, and that invading an enemy deep behind his lines isn't as simple as it used to be. The system is designed to be SIMPLE, STREAMLINED, but still offer some fun complications which better mirror history. The AI will use a more forgiving version of the system.

• Managing a Rebellion is more forgiving now. And a "civil war" will generally last about 12 turns at MOST now. However NEW is single general traitors, when their loyalty drops to 3 or lower. You can punish them by stripping them of their titles, or bring them back to the capitla before they go rogue to reverse their traits.

• Managing the Loyalty of your generals is more involved and will take some thought on your part now, however you are granted tools to do it: Court Appointments affect loyalty, and insuring a Noble has been indoctrinated by staying at your court for a time will also increase loyalty.

• And MORE, believe it or not! Read the TRIGGER.txt file in the archive for all the details, and the README for a complete list.

Classic BBB stuff:
    • titles for every province along with graphics. Most titles grant a little tax boost, some grant other negative effects... like the will to go it solo (lower loyalty), a few have other traits.

• major system of tracking royal blood and lineages. This series of traits by Pnutmaster will astound you and warm your RPGamer heart.

• a disease system that affects gameplay without becoming tedious and depressing.

• Council Offices like King's Treasurer, the Privy Seal, Chancellor, Marshall, Master of the Horse, etc... for both player AND AI.

• Grandmasters for every Knightly Order- one international grandmaster per order, elected by his peers (sorta).

• Rebellions, where your unruly nobles can turn on you, refuse to move if they get too disloyal, and lock themselves up in a city and cause it to rebel completely unless you send a loyal noble to counteract him. The rebellion is aimed at your King, so if he "abdicates" or... whatever... things should calm down- but you can always fight for the crown!

• Archbishops for each Kingdom and the Orthodox Patriarch! Yay!

• Activated all Ancillaries found in game: Black Stallion, Body Guard, Ornate Armor, Custom Armor.

• Added new Ancillaries: Black Stallion for Princesses, a White Stallion.

• Princesses get a MAJOR OVERHAUL. They are interesting dynamic characters now. Hussies, prudes,lesbians, *****es, fertile, infertile, beautiful, ugly, affected by the genes of their mothers as well as their fathers, you name it. And a lot LESS "secret lovers."

• A NEW educational system for young princes. They can receive educations in the capital (Royal Court), in Religious INstitutions, and in Castles (Martial education). They get four turns of education. However, some princes, the worst students, fail to learn anything... sorry.

• Game NOTICES when a princess comes of age ANYWHERE in the world, and when a Monarch dies too! (Finally!)

• Tries to fix EVERY SINGLE VANILLA BUG in the ancillaries and traits files...

• and more... believe it or not.
    Last edited by dearmad; May 02, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0

I am not in favor of internet relationships, but Dearmad, you must make me the happiest gamer in the world and marry me. (jk, but pretty damn close). You are simply amazing man, downloading now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(hurry up with that next version!)

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Ty dearmad.

I'm VERY sorry folks, but there was a problem with v4.0. Apparently we ran into the hardcoded TRAIT limit and so one of the triggers (though correct and firing normally) asks for a trait that the game doesn't think exists. I've fixed the bug and re-uploaded BBB as v4.0a. It is not savegame compatible because I had to manage the traits, not the triggers to fix this.

Sorry!

Click on the link in post #1 to redownload the entire mod, OR, alternately here is a patch for those of you who don't mind slightly messier installations. You need this patch ONLY if you have v4.0. v4.0a is patched.

Replacing files should do it.

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

This is the wickedest and most cool addition to this game in a long time, these guys rule!!
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Quote Originally Posted by dearmad View Post
    I'm VERY sorry folks, but there was a problem with v4.0. Apparently we ran into the hardcoded TRAIT limit and so one of the triggers (though correct and firing normally) asks for a trait that the game doesn't think exists.
    Never thought we'd see the day.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

LOL... yeah something like 540+ traits, along with about 2-3 levels each sometimes more = 1500+ levels of traits in this freaking game!

When I did a line count of the text file it was 4368, so that's how many descriptions were written. OMFG!

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

LOL, thanks for the swift fix!

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

Two notes about the new Supply system.

- If low on supplies in enemy territory, you have a chance to gather more supplies by devastating the terrain. Devastation usually occurs in fertile, agriculturally rich regions. You'll know it has occurred when the tiles below your/the AI's army are blackened.

- When supplies fall below "Fully Supplied", your general's health will begin to wane. A starving army can't be expected to have a healthy general. Conversely, a well supplied army will accelerate its general's recovery, allowing him a practical alternative to resting in a settlement.
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Looks really good.

it would be great to have a version for the latest Stainless Steel but that might be a difficult job at the moment as 6.2 is still in flux, and we're unlikely to to see KK back until Third Age has been sorted out.

If there is a SS7.0 I hope this will be part of it, suitably integrated.

dose it work for MTW2 or just for MTWK

Err...is there a version of BBB that works with Broken Crescent??
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

Quote Originally Posted by Bull View Post
    Err...is there a version of BBB that works with Broken Crescent??
    I need more responses to this thread in the BC subforum
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N

I just downloaded this and it looks really interesting, but as I'm technologically challenged could someone please simplify the installation instructions?
    I have absolutely no idea what to do.

*edit*
    Whenever I try to copy and paste the addendum to campaign script to the campaign script txt it says " Cannot create the file *file path* Make sure file and path name are correct". Should I turn off "read only" for campaign script ?
    Last edited by Astor; May 06, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Is this included in Chivalry II 3.3? If not..I want.

Well done on the release!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa Bin Saif View Post
    dose it work for MTW2 or just for MTWK
    It might not work without Kingdoms as I think we started using some conditions and trigger logic only supported by kingdoms. Sorry. But kingdoms is cheap now and WORTH IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    I just downloaded this and it looks really interesting, but as I'm technologically challenged could someone please simplify the installation instructions?
    I have absolutely no idea what to do.

*edit*
    Whenever I try to copy and paste the addendum to campaign script to the campaign script txt it says " Cannot create the file *file path* Make sure file and path name are correct". Should I turn off "read only" for campaign script ?
    no I cannot simplify the instructions any more than they are. sorry. i even included the instructions from someone else in there to help.

yes you need to turn off read-only long enough to make the changes.

hmmm well wich one virsion of BBB works with mtw ? ehh kingdoms is out os stock..

I copied and pasted the addendum to campaign script in the rar file to the campaign script txt. Then dragged the whole data folder into the M2TW folder and merged the files. But the bat file won't start, just shows a dos screen. And when I start the normal game theres no crash after 3 turns like everyone else is saying. Whats happening?

everyone is saying there's a crash after turn 3? what? I am confused.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast