Thread: Landbridge pathfinding post-patch?

Default Landbridge pathfinding post-patch?

So far I haven't seen anything for the three main offenders: Istanbul, Copenhagen and Gibraltar. Anyone seen anything different?

I saw a post claiming he saw Spain took Morocco, but who knows maybe they transported their stack with ships. However, in my vanilla patched campaign, Inuits crossed a landbridge and attacked Newfoundland(successfully I might add, cause they never do that pre-patch and I wasn't expecting it)

Default Re: Landbridge pathfinding post-patch?

Sweden used a land bridge to capture Copenhagen pre-patch (possibly post-patch, I don't remember), and Spain sent very small armies multiple times to attack Morocco pre-patch.
    Last edited by RuleBritannia; May 02, 2009 at 03:19 PM.

I havn't noticed anything either way. There is one thing, though, which may or may not be a symptom. The ottomans seem to still have an amazingly deficient military. This could have been a fluke, but I almost never see anything more than a half stack army from them. Any army at all is quite rare.

I've seen Spain Take Morocco and one of the Barbary States post patch.

I've seen Spain take Morocco and Algiers, Sweden take Copenhagen, and Austria capturing Anatolia.

Eusebius86's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MoonPolice View Post
    I've seen Spain Take Morocco and one of the Barbary States post patch.
    I too have seen Spain take Morocco post patch, by 1710. This is vanilla, without IS installed.

No, that isn't a banana

The only landbridge issue I've found is on the windward islands - can't move units to the port...

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

I've seen Sweden cross landbridges pre patch.

The Windward Islands have terrible pathfinding >.<

The only landbridge issue I've found is on the windward islands - can't move units to the port...
    That's probably because there are enemy ships around. I got this too when my port was raided by Pirates, their ZoC covered the landbridge meaning I couldn't move militia into the port and drive them out. Thanfully after the patch, ships blockaded in a port don't have ZoC anymore. Dead pirates as a result.

Ducenarius

Westphalia and Denmark have been crossing them at Coppenhagen all game, post patch w IS 1.071, and I've been crossing one for awhile back and forth with a Dutch and Maratha Army but thats only over a river in India.

Yeah Spain took Morocco and Algiers in my campaign but they lost both after Morocco rebelled

No, that isn't a banana

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    That's probably because there are enemy ships around. I got this too when my port was raided by Pirates, their ZoC covered the landbridge meaning I couldn't move militia into the port and drive them out. Thanfully after the patch, ships blockaded in a port don't have ZoC anymore. Dead pirates as a result.
    FIgured as much, but thanks for the confirm!

Langer Kerl's Avatar Decanus

You probably got enough answers already, but I also want to say:
    Spain took Morocco
    Happened in my campaign, too. Definitely no naval transport.

About Denmark, I crossed the landbridge without any trouble to lay siege to those over-aggressive Swedes. They keep declaring war for no reason and block my ports (for exactly one turn, then they accept peace and leave me alone for some time. Heck, when I offered them peace once, they gave me a counter-offer asking for peace and paying me 1000$!)

I've startedvarious campaigns since the patch, Yes, Spain crosses to take Marocco quite successfully.Sweden has been seen in Denmark but does very little.I don't know about the Ingria Finland one,
    The main problem now is still Istanbul. Before the patch Austria left ottomans alone but now they attack aggressively and Ottomans can't reinforce through Istanbul still. For me it spoils the game unless I play Ottomans myself., but I've done them.Even a human player has to move to Istanbul first, then move on. You can't move right through it from Anatolia.

Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    So far I haven't seen anything for the three main offenders: Istanbul, Copenhagen and Gibraltar. Anyone seen anything different?

I saw a post claiming he saw Spain took Morocco, but who knows maybe they transported their stack with ships. However, in my vanilla patched campaign, Inuits crossed a landbridge and attacked Newfoundland(successfully I might add, cause they never do that pre-patch and I wasn't expecting it)
    No issue here, Denmark took the United Provinces like usual and got butchered pouring men into Sweden to aid Russia while Spain has spent my latest game in an unwinnable war against the Barbary States and Morocco, conquering Morocco and Algiers alternately while the other province revolts. As for the Ottomans, Austria steam rolled them and pushed as far as Anatolia until the weight of fighting me (Prussia), Russia and the Turks caused the Ottomans to reclaim Angora and Constantinople (I took the rest of their former lands from the Hapsburgs.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

I've seen Morocco take Gibraltar (a first!) and the Ottomans retake Istanbul via the landbridge so this doesn't appear to be a problem. All of these events were witnessed in a post-patch IS game.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

I think that the Ottoman land bridge works when you try these moves - Either you take Istanbul from the west, and then proceed east from your army that conquered it (so it's garrisoned and can move through), and you can move east and take istanbul. I think there's still a problem if you want to bypass istanbul.

I would love to be wrong though.

Spain has been very aggresive in my campaign and they just crossed Gibratar and took out Monocco.
    (IS 1.073 post patch)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I've seen Morocco take Gibraltar (a first!)
    During one campaign, I took Gibraltar from Spain and then had Morocco to come across and attack me.... kinda threw me off guard as I really wasn't expecting that at all. I did manage to hold them off though.

Spain took Morocco and Algiers around 1710, but Morocco rebelled and became a nation again. What's good about the game post-patch with IS is that the AI nations are no longer passive, but they aren't stupidly aggressive. Also, apparently the AI has some sympathy for you if you're at war with most of the nations in the game; I was playing as the Pirates post-patch with IS version 1.073 and the Iroquois, Cherokee, and Georgia all requested peace treaties after a few turns.