Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: la revolution francaise

Default la revolution francaise

I run for fun in the French manufacturing units for the period of the revolution.
    (It was fashionable at the moment). Here is a first draft.

http://www.universtotalwar.fr/Forum/...showtopic=2968

The 7th regiment of Hussars de Lamothe 1792

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In the French army, hussars appeared in 1637, but they do not form a separate weapon in the cavalry, in 1776. 6 The hussar regiments in 1789 became 14 during the Revolution and were reduced to 10 in 1803. Two additional regiments were created in 1810 with the Dutch hussars and the doubling of the 9th in Spain. Used as scouts, charged with harassing the enemy, the hussars were always displayed exceptional courage and wrote the most amazing pages of military history, capturing in 1795 the Dutch fleet in ice taken in Texel, making the surrender fortress of Stettin, participating in all major charges.
    At the first Restoration, the strength of the light cavalry were greatly reduced, and only the first six regiments of hussars were to be preserved (order of 12 May 1814).
    However, despite the royal decree, the 7th regiment of Hussars was preserved, and took the title of the regiment of Orleans.
    The 7th Hussars was reconstituted on 12 September 1814 in Valenciennes, composed of former 7th Hussars, detachments of 1st Hussars and the 14th Hussars.
    With the return of Napoleon in March 1815, the regiment demonstrated his enthusiasm, "said the tricolor cockade, and forced the inhabitants of Valenciennes to resume.
    During the campaign in Belgium, he trained with the 3rd Brigade 1st hunters (Baron Bruno) of the 1st Light Cavalry Division (Jacquinot), which is attached to the 1st Army Corps (Drouet d'Erlon). It was led by Colonel

National Guard

Voluntary commitments , epoque 1791.

National Guard

At the root of the National Guard is the bourgeois guard of the Old Regime, which was to defend the property and persons. In the country, there could be insurrections against raising taxes, and people of low people, fearing a lack of grain and wheat, could tackle shops and convoys of wheat. On 13 July 1789, the population of Paris, by a starving famine, rises and starts looting shops and armories. People fearing a spillover, the city of Paris decides to channel the rising tension by creating a guard of Paris. Many volunteers from more affluent segments of society adhere spontaneously. This bourgeois militia plays an important role in the next day, during the storming of the Bastille. On 15 July, King Louis XVI called the Marquis de La Fayette commander in chief of the Parisian guard. The movement of great fear in the days following the campaigns and distressing to many cities causes throughout the country training of militias on the model parisien.Le 21 September 1792, France became a republic. The National Guard took part in the Revolution. In early 1793, there were 116 000 men. On 21 January, the Guard kept order during the execution of Louis XVI. The execution of the king provoked a wider conflict which faced France, England and the Netherlands entering the 1st war in February 1793 along with Austria and Prussia. The intensification of the conflict requires new staff. The National Guard was gradually used as a reservoir for the army. The Guard members were paying the richest poorest people to replace them in tasks that do not interest them. In September 1793 the office was abolished especially for National Guard Department of Defense. Thus ended the changing of the guard into the national army.

Voluntary commitments , epoque 1791.

Because of rising international tension and the breakdown of troops settled, the National Assembly decreed on 11 June 1791, the conscription free national guard. " From September 1791, has lifted the first battalion of National Guard volunteers from Mayenne-et-Loire ", scheduled for a theoretical 574 committed. Immediately, in Saumur, 165 young people have volunteered, of which 141 live in the city. As requests for voluntary excess, 81 of them are enrolled. They commit to a year-long campaign, but many of them remain under the flags. Alongside the notable children, who are in majority, appear wigmakers, probably unemployed, weavers and Taillandiers ... the balance of volunteers is higher than that of soldiers of the line. The first battalion of volunteers was formed in Angers on 15 September 1791. A former captain of the Carabinieri of Saumur, Nicolas de Beaurepaire, was elected colonel. The battalion defended Verdun, when the place is besieged by the Prussian army on 30 August 1792.
    The second and third battalion have been removed, while the war is triggered and turns to disaster. Saumur still provides 249 volunteers, most of whom are enrolled. This recruitment has more popular, with domestic farmers appear. Economic incentives now hold a place as important as patriotism. At the same time the old ways resurface soliciting: premium bottles of wine, dinners civic copiously watered.
    In total, 405 young people have committed Saumurois (plus some others in the Navy). The contrast is great between the recruitment of many of Anjou is favorable to new ideas and ready to defend them, and west of the department, already openly hostile. the entire district of Saumur had 581 volunteers, the district Vihiers 183, the district of Cholet 126. Socially, the bourgeois and middle class of shopkeepers and artisans are represented beyond their percentage in the population. Despite a strong presence of agricultural occupations, the categories are popular in lower numbers. You can not blame government officials for failing to give an

Last edited by astradeus; May 16, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: vive la revolution.

Wow.

They are in the top 3 modded units I've seen!
    Last edited by Trajan; May 14, 2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: removed non-English text

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

These units only work post-revolution, right?

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

Very nice work!! et vive la république!
    Last edited by Dux_Zeugma; October 12, 2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: removed non-English text

I find it funny people speaking the language of the faction the mod is based off of...

Still wanting to know, are the units only availiable post revolution?

thank you for your complements! Yes to answer EmperorBatman999 if I completed this mod, it will be deblocable during the French revolution and after (but also available directly personal battle), and new units will be recruited with the new Republican government . Of course, even if you do not play the nation france, it will still be possible for this fight against these new units, once the power of the new government in France.

Quote Originally Posted by astradeus View Post

new unit: the National Guard
    Yes! They're completely awesome!!!
    Last edited by KozCDVI; May 09, 2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Typo... my bad!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Ummm.... How to download?

- Ramsay Snow

Comes Domesticorum

Do these replace regular militia / line infantry during Republican France?

And is it available?

Thank you for your compliments.actuellemnt I try to produce enough new units for the French Republic. Once completed, these troops will be recruited only in period of revolution and after the victory of the insurgents on the old monarchical kingdom. I would telechargement in my mod, once finalized for more coherence.

Default Re: la revolution francaise

Those Units are Great! Not quite my timescale, but i will dl as soon as youre ready!

Respect!

Very impressive!

Looking forward to a total overhaul of the post-revolution forces for france. Great work!

sorry maybe im missing something is this available to download? its in the released mod section

wonderful skins by the way just what iv been looking for with ur mod I can make my own napoleon march to victory haha

Good job .. very good jb ! I waitting other units and i hope to see your "garde républicaine", "hussard", "dragons" and "cuirassiers" models. I hope you'll working on realistic general and "gardes du corps" model because actually i did'nt see any good model (or sometimes this is empire general model ... not revolutionnary model)
    Best regards, Leo

thank you for all your compliments to the release of a mod, it will take quite some time, I want to change completely the old skins (after revolution) by new and create new units and I do not emerge by one, but in a complet. it should be a total revamping of the units, but also icons and descriptions that go with most of the final mod for its integration in the games. All this may take time evidement in addition to the limited choice of 3D models in the game, and if I want to do a mod coherent with the time and the identity of the game, it takes time for research, reflection and realization. My job is located most possible on the historical transition from the old regime (the monarchy) and the first empire (regime established by Napoleon banaparte). I'm focusing on units whose uniforms should a little pressure correspond to the periods of revolution, of the Executive and the Consulate between 1789 and 1804. I will put info here regularly on the progress of my project.

volunteering to help test i really love these units

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

WOW,WOW,WOW- FANTASTIC I think they are the best modded units that i've seen to date, could you retexture all units? , I will rep you and follow your work mate-very very good units!!!
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I really like your newest skin on france , but these "Voluntary commitments" look like that they are like a clown-group, who are escaped from the circus (just looking their trouses). but this is nice one too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast