Thread: The Crusader's Hag

hormiga's Avatar Senator

In response to Sec of State Condoleezza Rice's visit to Iraq, the local terrorist group decided to steal some of her thunder and capitalize on the recent scandals involving alleged religious abuse by US forces:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/n...eda_sunnis_dc_1

I love propaganda from groups that take themselves way to seriously:
    "The crusaders' hag (Rice) came to sully the land of the caliphate...and wants the participation of apostates and secularists claiming to be Sunnis," the group led by Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi said in the statement posted on Tuesday on a Web site used by Islamists on Tuesday.
    "Crusader's hag" that is priceless! The "land of Caliphate"?..... these guys need to check their calander.

"Our Sunni faith stipulates that the sword and bullets be the only dialogue between us and worshippers of the cross."
    That sounds like a quote for some cheesy Arnold Schwartzneggar movie or something, who writes this stuff for these guys? I need to use this line when Jehovahs' witnesses come to my front door. "Swords and bullets will be the only dialogue between me and worshippers of Jehovah!"

Anyone else have any priceless moments in the history of propaganda?

You know, to be frank, one would think a terrorist group such as this could find a better way to spread the word of Allah then via a website.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I am still amazed at the number of people who don't think these people are serious.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

hormiga's Avatar Senator

Originally posted by Big War Bird@May 17 2005, 06:41 PM
    I am still amazed at the number of people who don't think these people are serious.
    Just because they are serious doesnt mean we shouldnt laugh at them.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I wasn't directing that at you, just at the number of people think that if we leave them alone htye will go away.

Actually, I don't laugh at them so much as a do admire them. Being an extremist (of a sort) myself I can't help but appreciate the way they are willing to die for their cause. Of course that also makes it very easy to kill them.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

hormiga's Avatar Senator

Originally posted by Big War Bird@May 17 2005, 06:54 PM
    I wasn't directing that at you, just at the number of people think that if we leave them alone htye will go away.

Actually, I don't laugh at them so much as a do admire them. Being an extremist (of a sort) myself I can't help but appreciate the way they are willing to die for their cause. Of course that also makes it very easy to kill them.
    If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    that, delivered by George Scott is one of my beloved movie-moments

On topic. Of course they are laughable.But this also tells us something about their audience. Which half-educated villager, will actually debate their declaration of (pseudo-)faith?
    They are distorting debatable passages from the Q'ran, launching their own...you guessed...crusade.

Sorry guys, they're right about the 'hag' part. They'd be more right if they said "Crusader's ho" :whistle
    The :wub: had an oil tanker named after her, for crying out loud.
    "The way to a man's heart is through his ribs."

But you've got to admit that it is pretty eloquent and had it been written during the medieval times, it could be even inspiring. Now it's just farcicle. Like an evangelist fire and brimstone preacher.

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

"The crusaders&#39; hag (Rice) came to sully the land of the caliphate...and wants the participation of apostates and secularists claiming to be Sunnis," the group led by Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi said in the statement posted on Tuesday on a Web site used by Islamists on Tuesday.
    I wonder if they remember what happened when Ghengis Khan came to "sully the land of the caliphate". :lol . This reminds me of that Iraqi (Mis)Information Minister, who I believe is still missing. He went so low as to use lines from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" to insult the US forces. There was another one like "there are no Americans in Iraq. Any reports regarding this are false. All demons have been gloriously repelled from the walls of Baghdad". :lol