Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: APE: TI *BAI Shots* Screenshots and Videos! Cleaned!

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Default Re: APE: TI *BAI Shots* Screenshots and Videos! Cleaned!

And so now, some screens of my current campaign. The British have been very resilient, and upon invasion of Ireland, they sent some of their finest, and plenty of them. The following is a battle of two British stacks trying to repel my invasion force.

A bloody dawn begins

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Another Suicide General meets his end. If they fixed the bug, we would not have such spectacular displays of carnage, lol.

British line inf, volley fire. Against my French Marines

My French Marines Fire and Advance.

My right Flank, fire and advancing to the enemy.

Take a look at the mini map...Prussia is huge, and will be a chore.
    I do not think this campaign will go well for me, but it has been fun battling the Brits on every turn without an end in sight.

Now in 1757, things are looking better. I just landed a new invasion force to solidify my hold on Ireland, and have moved into Scotland.
    It will not be long, and the British empire will have fallen beneath my boots.

Yet I have an awful long way to go to claim any victory

It will not be long, and I will have to turn my attention to Spain and Prussia.
    It may get a little dicey

Cheers everyone.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

You should write this up as an AAR. Nice work so far!

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

@
    GrandPa

WoW cool indeed !!!! +rep
    (before last photo : I saw two “pirate” fleets next to France on trading routes, one is caring troops - is this pirate (?!) or the picture caught just the flag shifting while raiding a trading route ? - lol )
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

its an Hannover ship, loaded with troops....dunno where its going lol

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

on investment. grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    its an Hannover ship, loaded with troops....dunno where its going lol

Sooo......... we want more photos !!!!

(beware of Prussia: they have imho when at high level of civilization the ELITE in land units; get ur victory regions at Maratha's expense (?) - did u get UK already ? )

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Hello there ^^ ,

- Some pics from a naval battle in the western med where my tiny portuguese fleet was surprised by a Barbary States fleet:

Somehow the galley line managed to wreak havoc on their main battle line so they don't come at me all at once, lucky !

More luck firing to dismast enemy admiral's ship (5th rate), the main mast fall on the second broadside and their admiral is killed on the third... Did I say luck ? The following xebec charge ahead to protect his crippled flagship.

My brig screens my flagship while gunners are reloading and... more luck: the devastating broadside cut their main mast cleanly. The third enemy ship, a sloop, manages to get around its ailing flagship just to be hampered by the dismasted xebec...

The portuguese brig maneuvers around its flagship, using its speed to block the sloop in front of my 5th rate and it quickly surrenders after some close pounding. But enemy fire concentrates on my main ship while galleys begin the chase...

Fortunately, the light galley had no support because the following galley managed, god knows how, to crash straight into its surrendered fellow sloop's hull. Taking grapeshots from both sides, the matter is solved with two broadsides. Did they bring women aboard to get so much bad luck ? At last, the other ships can attack together.

Or not... Must be some harem... Enemy's second 5th rate lose one mast before even firing a broadside. The second light galley take the lead from the wounded big galley, shooting all it has to the rear of my flagship. One shot is a close call, killing one and claiming a leg one feet or two away from my admiral.

The remaining light galley goes boldly for my brig but not fast enough, grapeshot is merciless and a concentrated fire sweep all the commanding crew. The following big galley finally engage just to dive in a fire storm, losing its last mast and slowly changing color courtesy of all its crew's spilled blood. Another enemy ship to strike colors but galleys' fire took its toll on my flagship...

However, God is still with us, those of the True Faith, or that harem didn't sink, and a second mast come down on the enemy's second flagship while another lucky shot exterminates their admiral and all his staff. My two ships try to finish off the wounded beast but it refuses to bend and even more to die despite the beating it suffers.

Seems they ditched that deadly harem, at last... Luck can only last that long and my valiant brig is sinking, all alone, due to hull damage. It wasn't defeated, so it's a glorious end and most of its crew manages to get out as it drowns slowly. Admiral Teixeira climbs up his main mast to get a better view of the whole picture. There are still enemy ships willing to fight though most of them are dismasted but his flagship isn't that better with many guns lost.

He wants to help his other ship's crew but they'll have to wait. He must finish the job first. If he can... One last look behind and orders are given to get back at the enemy. Fortune favours the bold and the first 5th rate we fought lose heart for no apparent reason after chasing us for long minutes and strike colors. Perhaps a fire under the deck or a mutinery ? Whatever, it's for the best, the Santa Teresa has so much holes on both sides that canonballs can go trough its hull without hitting anything except thin air.

A last effort, some well adjusted broadsides and the two last disheartened enemy ships still fighting ask for mercy, sick of the bloodshed and unable to outmaneuver us anymore. Time to pick up the braves from the brig and realize how incredible it was to survive this day...

The last broadsides (just wanted to try to post a video to see how it works):

Thx for reading/watching .

EDIT: replay as attachment if anyone interested.
    Last edited by Dazo; June 27, 2011 at 02:51 PM.
    REP Blackomur89.

ODaly's Avatar Semisalis

Nice! Naval battles are probably my favorite part of the game. Too bad I'm not very good at them, haha.

APE:TI Morale Officer
    2nd Dan Search-Fu Artist

Maervelous, Simply Marvelous. I absolutely love the naval battles. Even when I lose, i Love the explosions lol.

+rep

on investment. grandpa

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks ODaly .

@ Grandpa: actually, it seems I'm quite good at naval battles even on VH but I suck at land battles (well I manage to win here and there but it's very very messy, let's face it, on land I'm a butcher ).
    - Anyway, can't give you back rep atm for the recruitment of admirals hints so this one is for you: what happened to the spanish admiral ship, the galleon "Oriente", of the MED fleet (again against portuguese admiral F. Teixeira, this guy need a statue in Lisboa !):

+
    Last edited by Dazo; June 27, 2011 at 03:12 PM.
    REP Blackomur89.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Thanks ODaly .

@ Grandpa: actually, it seems I'm quite good at naval battles even on VH but I suck at land battles (well I manage to win here and there but it's very very messy, let's face it, on land I'm a butcher ).
    - Anyway, can't give you back rep atm for the recruitment of admirals hints so this one is for you: what happened to the spanish admiral ship, the galleon "Oriente", of the MED fleet (again against portuguese admiral F. Teixeira, this guy need a statue in Lisboa !):

+

I have to admit , I’ll never be able to command at sea....and win.... I just struggle to have lots of ships to overwhelm my enemy, and “Auto-play” .....
    But you just Rock !

+rep

Dazo's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks Krixux ^^ ,

Perhaps you can post some pics of your "L" battles/formation ?

A portuguese galleon protecting two Indiamen from pirates (west african coast), this time I used round shot instead of chainshot for a change :

Round shot makes enemy ships sink more often = fewer prizes so I'll probably keep going with chainshot when possible.
    REP Blackomur89.

@Dazo

OK, it seams I am unable intellectually to post pictures...
    thus:
    The usual battlefield.
    Where:
    Red = the enemy
    Blue = Me

vIv = canons batteries
    mm = infantry
    cc = cavalry

_______________cc____________________________________________ cc
    __________cc vIV vIv mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm mm vIv vIv cc

_________________________________________________________mm mm(<-- low line inf)

_________________________________________________________cc__cc
    ____________________________ mm vIv vIv vIv mm
    ___________________________________mm
    _______________________cc

I am always in attack !!! thus I have the first move and the AI (usually) waits for me...
    I tease his canons one by one with my concentrated fire of three batteries.
    He sends his protective cavalry to attack my canons, I let one battery to pound the respective cannon while shift the other two to kill his attacking cavalry. Repeat with all AI canons till all AI’s cavalry is gone.
    AI canons will attack my forward low line infantry. My cavalry behind them is (if possible hidden or protected by terrain) out of canons harm.
    At the moment AI cavalry is spent, its infantry will commence a full (slow!) attack.
    My left/right cavalry will sprint in an ark and kill all unprotected remaining artillery.
    My forward infantry on the right will then move to the “L” formation:

_________________cc_________________________________________________cc__cc

__________________________________________________________m
    __________________________________________________________m
    Forcing AI to show the flank of his units (one by one) to my cannons, with the respective moral impact of cannon balls (not grapeshot !!!!) mowing down whole files....
    Then the final kill....My cavalry is attacking from behind, etc.

I kill almost all, let us say, from a 2000 me / 5000 them the result is me = 100 max causalities and the AI is left with max 100 (if is lucky) out of 5000....

Hope it was clear enough......
    Last edited by Krixux; July 05, 2011 at 01:06 AM.

Hello Guys! I am new to this mod, just wanted to share my first battle which was a naval battle against the barbary state, 2 of my brigs against 2 of their row boats

I won, captured one and got some cash for it. In my gameplay, which is Sweden I am right now sieging Paris after brutally beating the Russkies, taking both Moscow and Kiev.

I will take some photos of the battle of Paris

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456