Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Revolutions

H_man's Avatar Decanus

Well now that the PS3 and x360 have been released do you think the revolutions will beat them? For all of you who think Nintendo has lost it's steam wait until you see this. One article I read said that the Revolutions features the best graphics of the three consoles (unusual for nintendo eh?) wi-fi, blutooth and is backwards compatible with the game cube. It is 3 dvd cases thick, (uses dvd-dl as it's format and possibly that new dvd format) and is supposed to have a big REVOLUTIONARY thing about it that will supposedly change the gaming industry. As for games I think if it lives up to its goals then devs will flock to it and voila, if all goes according to Nintendo they will own the gaming industry again, weird eh? What do you think? I don't think it will be as easy as it sounds but it might be the next big thing.

I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo Revolution. There's no S.

H_man's Avatar Decanus

\You might be right. :blush

As long as Zelda and Starfox remain single partform games I will be getting whatever console Nintendo brings out. Plus I think it looks the best out of the next gens - I like spartan design when it comes to high tech stuff.

I do wish they brought out a truly satisfying new starfox game, but as the Revolution can download and play EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO game that was made since the NES -> N64, It should be a blast

Originally posted by Coopa@May 17 2005, 03:00 PM
    I do wish they brought out a truly satisfying new starfox game, but as the Revolution can download and play EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO game that was made since the NES -> N64, It should be a blast
    Are you serious!? That's awsome!!

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

That would be a good selling point for them! But still, PS3 has my love right now.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

Originally posted by Coopa@May 17 2005, 02:00 PM
    Free download? If so, I'm buying one. If not, screw it.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.

Originally posted by Zuwxiv@May 17 2005, 09:02 PM
    That would be a good selling point for them! But still, PS3 has my love right now.
    The same!

Join the Brotherhood of the PS3, brother!

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

It actually seems like the weakest of the new consoles, supposedly its only 4 times more powerful than the GC, weras the PS3 is 12 times more powerful than the PS2, according to sources.

I think its biggest selling point is the ability to d/l every NES, SNES and 64 game ever which is awesome (which I doubt wioll be free, come on, thats a stupid business move), so long as the games are cheap.

To be honest with you I am pretty disappointed, I expected something more... well... revolutionary... =[

Its about time to sell your nintendo stock :p

Their platform is failing and their game boy can't even compete... Sony has swallowed them up, and Microsoft took the leftovers.

I'm back for the TWCrack

Just saw an image of it online!

They all look pretty similar to me.

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articl...8746&page=other

Not sure if this is new, it says today though.

Compare the looks:

I'm back for the TWCrack

Originally posted by =WingZero=-@May 17 2005, 10:22 PM
    It actually seems like the weakest of the new consoles, supposedly its only 4 times more powerful than the GC, weras the PS3 is 12 times more powerful than the PS2, according to sources.

Where did you see that (about the Revolution)? I haven't been able to find any specs or the like at all.

Yeah, those pics are new, but I've seen em. They all look the same, it's true.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

It was in the gamespot areticle towards the end.

H_man's Avatar Decanus

The revolutionary thing about the Revolution has not been revealed yet... this is not all it has to offer. I wonder what the revolutinoary thing will be. Some say a giroscope in the controller and no d-pad but a feel pad? :blink And the specs are supposed to be better than the Xbox 360, I know that much.

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

I think it's the best looking console so far. The Xbox360 looks horrid.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

And the specs are supposed to be better than the Xbox 360
    Oh ye gods! Talk about the wrong time to join the Microsoft bandwagon...

Seriously though, how can Sony let alone NINTENDO, undercut the richest most powerful company inthe world? It's obsurd. I geuss it'll all depend on whether Oblivion is an Xbox exclusive as far as consoles go... that and the price.

Decanus

I heard that the controls were to be design like a ball something like that and you insert the fingers in these holes.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    - Emiliano Zapata

So it comes with a free bowling ball? *tongue*

I read somewhere that it will be a new sort of interface... some sort of 3d thing.

I'm back for the TWCrack

H_man's Avatar Decanus

I personally think that the controller will be able to change form since you can download all Nintendo games made onto it and the d-pad won't be there physically but it is shown with light buttons (like somet remotes) and it will change depending on which system's game you are playing and I think it has a giroscope in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast