Thread: CTD on Adoption

Default CTD on Adoption

After about turn 11 as Rohan, anytime I accept an offered adoption I get a CTD. Haven't modified anything. Thoughts?

Edit: I've experimented some, and it doesn't matter what the adoptee's age is, etc. As soon as I hit "accept" it CTD. If I decline it continues on fine.
    Last edited by RandomAttack; May 01, 2009 at 07:14 PM.

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: CTD on Adoption

I get the same bug. I asked somewhere else and hopefully i get a responce

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

May you please provide your system.log.txt?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Where do i find that so i can give it to you?
    --edit--
    hmm i think i found it under
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs would be the correct one yes?
    this actually looks a little small. is it rewritten each time the game it started? if so i will have to try to force the bug to happen again.
    Last edited by BanditKS; May 18, 2010 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Eaxctly!
    And before you do so, please open your TATW.cfg and make sure that the log section looks like this:
    TATW.cfg [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Mine is slightly differnt

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

--edit--
    wow.. this isn't useful at all.

20:01:17.852 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

why cant it just tell me where the error occurred when i tried to adopt?
    also i tested a new campaign. yeah no errors on the fresh campaign. so it is isolated to this saved game.
    Last edited by BanditKS; May 18, 2010 at 08:03 PM.

Blog Entries

That's why I suggested to set it on trace

allright so instead of
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error
    the ";" should be moved down one.
    alright i will do that and remake the error.

--edit--

ok.. now the log is completely stuffed to the brim with lines of data. How do you want me to put this up so you can see it?
    Last edited by BanditKS; May 19, 2010 at 08:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Compress it with whatever program you choose to use for compression and then attach it to a post of yours

Alright... lets hope this works lol.
    anyways its in Rar format so i am pretty sure you can open that up.

Click to view content: 
    Code:
    (...)
    08:16:25.790 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045_select.tga.dds
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045_select.tga
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045_select.tga.dds
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045_select.tga
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045.tga,26391
    08:16:25.806 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Third_Age/data/ui/gondor/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/045.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034_select.tga.dds
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034_select.tga
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034_select.tga.dds
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034_select.tga
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034.tga,26515
    08:16:25.821 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/034.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:16:29.352 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga,93794
    08:16:29.352 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/radar_map_background.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:16:29.368 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0201_Message_First_Incoming_Message_Trigger> fired
    08:16:30.352 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0201_Message_First_Incoming_Message_Trigger> fired
    08:16:30.602 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/064.tga,25694
    08:16:30.602 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/Third_Age/data/ui/greek/portraits/portraits/young/generals/064.tga (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:16:30.602 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0212_Message_Open_Adoption_Trigger> fired
    08:16:32.071 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family1> fired
    08:16:32.071 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family2> fired
    08:16:32.071 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family3> fired
    08:16:32.071 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <loyalty_check9> fired
    08:16:32.071 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <loyalty_check9> fired
    08:16:32.134 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:32.134 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:32.290 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by jản; May 19, 2010 at 10:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Hm, I checked the edct and the e_vnv for the corresponding traits and they look good.
    I actually find no reason why the game CTDs.
    Are you sure that this CTD is reproducible in a new campaign or is it only reproducible from a savegame of yours?
    If the former might be the case, I can't suggest nothing but a total reinstall, if the latter might be the case, then it's caused by a corrupted savegame.

Yes i created a new campaign and adoption worked just fine. However with this saved game alone there are problems so the saved game must be corrupt on some level.
    alright thanks for the help and looking into the log.

I also have a different quick question and this is about the family tree. there seems to be a cap to the number of family members that are allowed for each faction. where do i edit this and could you tell me what each line does?

Blog Entries

@CTD: thought so.
    @Family tree:
    Uhm, there is no limit that I know of besides that one character can only have 4 children and 1 wife

ha! maybe that's it! is that hard coded that there can only be 4 children?

Quote Originally Posted by BanditKS View Post
    is that hard coded that there can only be 4 children?
    It is. But there is no reason why children wouldn't show up.

Blog Entries

It's the hardcoded limit for # of children of a couple, yes.

Alright so lets say i edited it under descr_campaign_db to lets say 7. the 4 children limit is reached and then i tried to adopt there would be a CTD?

Blog Entries

Either your game CTD's at startup, or it CTD's when you agree to the adoption, or nothing happens at all. Either way there is no way to circumvent the harcoded limit of 4 children per couple.

alright well there is a possibility that's why i got the CTD problem.