Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 for Darthmod - updated 14.3.18

Icon2 Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 for Darthmod - updated 14.3.18

ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - EMPIRE for Darthmod (AUM-EMP) - 3.7

Here is the main AUM-EMP thread with all important information:

ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - EMPIRE (AUM-EMP)

Enjoy AUM-EMP
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 (updated to DM 1.7)

Hello to all AUM fans!

Some stats have significantly changed because of the new patch.

AUM 1.7 is still compatible to DarthMod 1.8 but the stats aren't balanced precisely.

I do include some new custom units and some already implemented ones to several factions.

I'm working today on an update to version 1.8.

All for now and stay tuned for the 1.8 relase later today or probably tomorrow...
    Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 (updated to DM 1.7)

Hello to all AUM fans out there,

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- fully compatible with the new official 1.2 patch (30.4.) >>> thanks to "Alpaca" for the modification of the Pack File Manager

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod 1.9 / A Proper Empire 1.22 / Imperial Splendor 1.073 / standalone = vanilla balanced stats)
    - updated all three language files to "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8.pack" (English), "patch_aum_ge_loc_1_8.pack"(German) and "patch_aum_en_loc_1_8_proper.pack" (English "A Proper Empire"pack)

- new introduced "patch_aum_graphics_1_0.pack" which includes seven new re-textures. Just put this file in your ETW data directory and it loads automatically
    > HELL FELL made a new texture for my custom "Tsars Guards Elite" of Russia
    > REMO made six new "Line Infantry" textures for Britain, France, Russia, Spain, United Provinces and the United States. The musician and the drummer of Russia are new too. Huge rep to this fine men!

- removed "platoon_fire_grouped" because the latest patch didn't improve this firing drill / "improved_platoon_fire_grouped" is still available
    - increased the limit of all "mercenary" troops to 12
    - the "Pioneers" use now axes as melee weapons instead of bayonets
    - added the ability "grappling hooks" for climbing up walls to all custom infantry units except the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" and "Swiss Pikemen" because they are light infantry troops and pikemen.
    - changed the model of the "West European Infantry Mercenaries"

- added one new custom unit "Prussian Giants Elite Grenadiers"- They are the elite grenadiers of Prussia and use swords as melee weapons.
    custom battle = late / only available for Prussia in their home-regions / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Prussia / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

- added two new custom units to India:
    > "Royal Indian Cavalry Guards Elite" - They are elite lancers of Maratha/Mughal and armored with chain mail.
    custom battle = late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / non re-inforcable in republic / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

> "Indian Mercenaries Infantry"
    custom battle = early+late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army building of India / no technology required

- added the following already included eight units to several factions:
    > Norwegian Ski Troops > available for all major European factions in Norway. (custom battle = not available)
    > Euro Dragoons > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = both)
    > Euro Heavy Cavalry > available for all major European factions in Europe. (custom battle = late / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > Euro Colonial Light Cavalry > available for all major European factions in their colonies. (custom battle = not available)
    > East Colonial Sipaphi Cavalry > available for all major European factions in India. (custom battle = not available / recruitable at the three latest barracks)
    > East Pikemen Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > available for Maratha/Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)
    > African Liberated Slaver Musketeers > available for all major factions in the "West Indies" colonies. (Bahamas, Hispaniola, Trinidad/Tobago, 2 x Islands of the wind) / (custom battle = not available)
    My mod adds 20 new custom units to ETW. There are other 22 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too. These units are like "mercenaries" who can be recruited like normal units.

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list, updated credits, screenshots of the custom battle screen and the campaign battle maps which are showing the recruitment queue of AUM.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.8"

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.8 (updated to DM 1.8)

edit: nevermind. sorry.
    Last edited by pauli; May 06, 2009 at 03:22 PM.

Hello to all AUM fans,

I'm working on my new AUM 1.9 release. AUM 1.8 is still compatible to all major mods and vanilla. But the stats of the major mods have changed and I will update my custom units stats in AUM 1.9 related to theirs.

Link to my "AUM Units Album" with screenshots of all included units and a preview of six new units which will be included in AUM 1.9.

Link to my "New TEXTURES in AUM" with screenshots of the included re-textures from HellFell and Remo

Cheers and stay tuned for my new AUM 1.9 soon.
    Swiss Halberdier

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 1.8"

Hello to all DarthMod and AUM fans,

11. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9 has been released

- "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.9" is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9"
    - all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major DarthMod

- changed the naming of the AUM files that you can overwrite the older files if a new version is available and don't have to change it manually anymore

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- introduced all unit names of "AUM" + "A Proper Empire" + "LEGO Unit Pack" + "Sharpe Unit Pack" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"
    This means that you can play now all AUM + APE + LEGO + SHARPE units together now.

But there is a limit how many units are shown in the recruitment queue:"*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***"

- changed several unit names in both language versions
    - the "Indian Mercenaries Infantry" are now for all major factions available in India
    - all mercenaries are now cheaper to recruit but have a higher upkeep as normal units
    - removed "fire_volley" and replaced it with "mass_fire"

- the "Pioneers" are now called "Engineers" in the English version which is historically more true
    > increased unit size in the large version from 200 to 250
    > unit size in the small version is still 140

- changed the behaviour of the "Fusiliers". They are now between "Line Infantry" and "Light Infantry"
    > they still have a sword and can do "rank_fire" + "square" + "guard mode"
    > they have new the "light_infantry_behaviour" and "wooden_stakes" abilities
    > but they don't have the "skirmish" function because the UI can only have five "abilities icons" at the same time
    > decreased unit size in the large version from 300 to 250
    > decreased unit size in the small version from 160 to 140

- added six new custom units:
    > "Spanish Tercio Pikemen - Spanische Tercio Pikeniere" - They are elite pikemen of Spain and armored with plate.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the four latest barracks / no required technology

> "Spanish Conquistadores - Spanische Konquistadoren" - They are plate armored cavalry who can shoot from horseback and dismount too.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the "Spain" faction group in the "peninsula" region / recruitable at the three latest barracks / required technology "military_army_carbines"

> "Sharpshooters - Scharfschützen" - They are elite snipers and can do sneak ambushes and move without beeing seen.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Landwehr Militia - Landwehr Miliz" - They are an average fighting militia of the German factions
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the faction groups of "Prussia" and "Austria" in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the special building of Prussia / no required technology

> "African Infantry Guards - Afrikanische Infanterie Garde" - They are well-trained Guards which have higher morale and are more reliable than normal African Line Infantry
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "African Light Infantry Mercenaries - Afrikanische leichte Söldner Infanterie" - They are mercenary skirmishers and can use their environment to sneak but have low morale.
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in North Africa / recruitable at the four latest barracks / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

-added the following already included two artillery units to several factions:
    This two artillery units are buildable in the four latest artillery buildings = great arsenal, gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school
    - 12lbs Land Cannon Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_coastal" region. (custom battle = not available)
    - 12lbs Howitzer Colonial > available for all major European factions in the "americas_inland" region. (custom battle = not available)

> HELLFELL made two new textures for my custom units "Don Cossacks Cavalry" and the "East European Infantry Mercenaries" which are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"
    > REMO made a new texture for my custom unit "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" which is included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The new textures of my four custom units are now included in the "aum_mod***.pack". (total 4)

> new included "Prussian Line Infantry" texture available from REMO in the fully optional "patch_aum_graphics.pack". (total 7)

As always I updated the first post with all new information, FAQ list and updated credits.

"Additional Units Mod 1.9"

Default ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 (updated to DM 2.0)

Hello to all DarthMod and AUM fans,

17. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 has been released

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack" (Unit Compatibility Pack) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- fixed the model of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" for the APE + IS + vanilla versions

- changed several unit names in both language versions and removed the "Elite" suffix from various units
    - unit limit decreased for several units and now the AI doesn't spam "elite" units anymore (there is a "how-to" change the limit in my FAQ)
    - Prussia has now access to "Marines"
    - The faction group "USA" has now access to several custom units (you still have to recruit them in their original regions)

- changed the recruitment of the "Marines" that they can only be recruited at coastal shores globally:
    they need one of the following "naval" buildings: admirality, naval_board, naval_college (each level gets +1 experience)

- changed the recruitment of the four "Mercenaries" (West+East European, Indian, African) and the three "Swiss Units" (Guards, Pikemen, Mountain Jaegers):
    They need one of the following "pleasure" buildings: coaching_inn, bawdy_house, theatre, pleasure_gardens (each level gets +1 experience)
    (later I will add a special "mercenary recruitment building")

- added one new custom cavalry unit:
    > "Polish Hussar Guards - Polnische Hussaren Garde" - They are elite light cavalry guards of Poland.
    custom battle = late / only available for Poland in "polish_home_regions" / recruitable at the three latest barracks and the ultimate army building of Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation"

- added one new custom artillery unit:
    > "24lbs Heavy Horse Artillery Guards - 24lbs Berittene Schwere Gardeartillerie" - This heavy horse artillery is very powerful but this comes at the cost of speed and prize.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the gunnery_school, ordonance_board, engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

- added five new custom ships:
    > "War Galleon - Kriegsgaleone" - This galleon is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal galleons have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "War Fluyt - Kriegsfleute" - This fluyt is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal fluyts have. But this comes at the prize of speed. The "trading ability" is removed.
    custom battle = early/late / available only for the "united_provinces" globally / recruitable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "Brig of War - Kriegsbrigg" - This "Brig of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal brigs have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "Sloop of War - Kriegsschaluppe" - This "Sloop of War" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal sloops have. But this comes at the prize of speed.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at the shipyard, dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> "East Indiaman (improved) - Ost-Indienfahrer (verbessert)" - This East Indian Merchant ship has slightly more firepower, hull strength, speed and marines than normal Indiaman have. But it is more expensive to build and to maintain. But therefore are the goods much saver than without defense.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions globally / recruitable at all docks and harbors except "fishing harbors" / required technology "military_navy_longitude_watch"

- added the following already included five ships to several factions:
    Razee > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the steam_drydock)

24lbs Heavy Frigate > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = late / only buildable in the drydock, naval_hospital and steam_drydock)

Galleon > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Race Built > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

Galleon Fluyt > available for all major European factions globally (custom battle = early+late / buildable in all docks and harbors)

- changed the recruitment of the following units:
    Pandours > now available for all major European factions and the faction group "Ottomans" in the "Balkans" region too. (custom battle not available)

East Pikemen Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early)

East Missile Cavalry Zamindari > now available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal factions in India. (custom battle = early)

- added the following already included thirteen units to the faction groups of "Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal". They can be recruited by all three faction groups in their original regions:
    East Guard Cavalry Ahadis > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = late)

East Lancers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal globally. (custom battle = early+late)

East Light Cavalry Qizilbashi > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Irregular Cavalry Pindari > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Islamic Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Islam" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Dervishes Warriors > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in India. (custom battle = early+late)

East Isarelys Musketmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Fellahin Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Fellahin Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Middle-East" regions. (custom battle = not available)

East Hindu Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Hindu Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Hindu" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Infantry Musketeers > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

East Sikh Warriors Swordsmen > available for the faction groups of Ottoman / Maratha / Mughal in the "Sikh" regions. (custom battle = early+late)

> HELLFELL made one new texture for my custom unit "Fusiliers"
    > REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Janissary Guards"
    Both are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack"

The "patch_aum_graphics.pack" hasn't changed and you don't need to download it if you already got it.

As always I updated the first post with all new information and changed credits.

My mod adds 28 new custom units and 5 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 43 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

"Additional Units Mod 2.0"

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.0 (updated to DM 1.9)

Hello to all DarthMod + AUM fans,

27. Mai 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1 has been released

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1" and it is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9"

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major DarthMod.

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_proper.pack" (English APE) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- updated all unit names of several "Unit Pack Mods" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"
    This means that you can play now all "Unit Pack Mods" together.

- AUM 2.1
    - A Proper Empire 1.3.1
    - Sharpe 1.6
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - plus earlier versions of lego
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods

But please read this "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)" which "applelover" has started:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5188226

- the unit limit has been decreased for several units
    - the recruitment costs of all "Mercenaries" has been deacreased
    - added the ability to recruit "Marines" in the latest naval building of the "United Provinces" (prest_unitedprovinces_kweekschool)
    - slightly balanced the firepower and cannons of all custom ships
    - removed the required technology for the "War Galleon" + "War Fluyt"

- changed the recruitment of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers". They are now only available at the army_staff_college and the ultimate army building of Prussia (Brandenburg Gate). Changed the melee weapon from "sword" to "bayonet" to increase their melee capabilities.

- added the following already included units to several factions:
    > Irish Brigade (early Mercenaries) > now available for all major European factions in France (custom battle = early)
    > Grenzers (Elite Light Infantry) > now available for the faction groups of "Austria" and "Prussia" in the original region (custom battle = late)
    > Barbets (Light Infantry) > now available for all major European "protestantic" factions in the "Italian_Alps" region (custom battle not available)

- added one new custom cavalry unit:
    > "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters - Berittene Scharfschützen" - They are elite light cavalry sharpshooters.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army buildings of Prussia/France/Poland / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

- added one new custom infantry unit:
    > "Blunderbuss Shotgunners - Schrotflintenschützen" - They are elite soldiers who use a heavy short-range blunderguss shotgun with devasting firepower and fight in melee with a sword.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the four latest barracks and the ultimate army buildings of Prussia/France/Poland / no required technology

- added seven new custom ships:
    > "Heavy Frigate - Schwere Fregatte" - This frigate is a heavy war ship which has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal frigates have.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions globally / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_carronades"

> "Spanish Heavy War Galleon - Spanische Schwere Kriegsgaleone" - This "Heavy War Galleon" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal "War Galleons" have.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for Spain globally / buildable at the dockyard, drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / no required technology

> Spanish Over 1st Rate "Santisima Trinidad" - Spanische Schwere 1. Klasse "Santisima Trinidad" - This heavy "Over 1st Rate" is one of the biggest and most powerful "Ship of the Line" which was every built.
    custom battle = late / only available for Spain in their home region / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Royal Sovereign" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Royal Sovereign" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for Great Britain in their "britain_home_regions" / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Britannia" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Britannia" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for Great Britain in their "britain_home_regions" / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> British 1st Rate "HMS Neptune" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Neptune" - This 1st Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 1st rate ships have.

> French 2nd Rate "Bucentaure" - Französische 2. Klasse "Bucentaure" - This 2nd Rate "Ship of the Line" has more firepower, hull strength and marines than normal 2nd rate ships have.
    custom battle = late / only available for France in the "france" region / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> REMO made two new textures for my custom units "Engineers" and "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters". Both are included in the "aum_mod_***.pack".

> new included "Austrian Line Infantry" texture available from REMO in the fully optional "patch_aum_graphics.pack".

My mod adds 30 new custom units and 12 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 45 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits.

This is the last version of AUM before the next official patch 1.3 will be released.

I hope that you're having fun playing my mod and thank you for downloading it!
    Swiss Halberdier

"Additional Units Mod 2.1"

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.1 (updated to DM 1.9)

great sub mod man. thanks alot

I've released today a new version of the "patch_aum_graphics.pack".
    The "patch_aum_graphics.pack" contains all optional re-textures from various units.

> SPANKY made ten new "Militia" textures for the following major factions: Austria, Britain, Denmark, France, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Provinces, United States and a new generic texture for the remaining factions based on faction colors. The "Unit UI cards" have been changed too.

> SPANKY made eleven new "Provincial Cavalry" textures for the following major factions: Austria, Britain, Denmark, France, Poland, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Provinces, United States and a new generic texture for the remaining factions based on faction colors. The "Unit UI cards" have been changed too.

> REMO made eight new "Line Infantry" textures for Austria, Britain, France, Prussia, Russia, Spain, United Provinces and the United States. (+ musician and drummer of Russia)

> HRIMFAR made one new "Line Infantry" texture for Sweden.

Huge +rep to these fine men!

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the textures and changed the credits.

Some screens of the new units will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokozuna View Post
    Some screens of the new units will be great.
    Please go to the main-thread of AUM here, there is all important information and screenshots of all units.

8. June 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.2 has been released
    "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.2" is fully compatible with “DarthMod 1.9 "

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- updated all unit names of several "Unit Pack Mods" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"

- AUM 2.2
    - Sharpe 1.6
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Lordz map pack

But please read this "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)"

- removed the "Colonial Marine 12lbs Artillery Independent Company" because they are causing CTDs (CA has to fix that, I know how to fix it, but AUM doesn't use the "vanilla" table where this entry has to be fixed)

- fixed the behaviour of the "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters"
    - the "Landwehr Militia" is now recruitable in all government buildings beneath the military barracks too.
    - changed the weapon of the naval crew member "euro_naval_gunner" from club to cutlass.

- added six new custom infantry units:
    > "Royal Constantinople Infantry Guards - Königliche Konstantinopel Infanterie Garde" - The Royal Constantinople Infantry Guards are a strong defense force recruitable at Constantinople. They are a very powerful unit of the Ottoman empire.
    custom battle = late / only available for the Ottomans in the region of Constantinople / only recruitable at the special "prest_ottomans_nur-u_osmaniye_mosque" /required technology "fire_by_rank" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Freikorps Infantry - Freikorps Infanterie" - The Freikorps are voluntary armies of the German speaking factions.
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the faction groups of Prussia and Austria in Europe / recruitable at the four latest military buildings and the ultimate army building of Prussia / no required technology

> "Garrison Guards - Garnisions Garde" - The Garrision Guards are professional and experienced troops who are very good at defending citys. They inspire nearby troops and have a garrision police bonus.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / only recruitable if you have built the "improved_settlements_fortifications" in your city / required technology "fire_by_rank"

> "American Infantry Mercenaries - Amerikanische Söldner Infanterie" - American Infantry Mercenaries are Soldiers who fight for money and can be recruited in America. They use a musket and a tomahawk as melee weapon.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions in America / recruitable at the four "pleasure" buildings / no required technology

> "Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun) - Königliche Marineinfanterie (Nocks 7-läufige Schrotflinte)" - These Elite marines are shooting with a 7-barrel "Nocks Volley Gun", which is a very devasting close range combat-shotgun.
    (included unit from "ROYAL NAVY MARINES V0.5" by "Rsty Bloodnock")
    custom battle = late / only available for the Britain in their "britain_home_regions" / only recruitable at the latest naval building = naval_college / required technology "fire_by_rank"

> "Highlander Warband - Highlander Kriegsklan" - These fierce Highland warriors intimidate all enemies with their wild skirling attacks and barbarous apparel. They are equipped with a pistol and a heavy hand-axe.
    (included unit from "Highland Warband Mod 1.0" by "Emperor Batman999" and "erasmus777")
    custom battle = early / available for all major European facions if they capture Scotland / recruitable at the the minor government buildungs and the four latest military barracks / no required technology

- added four new custom artillery units:
    > "12lbs Swedish "Geschwinda Skott" Horse Artillery - 12-Pfünder Berittene Schwedische "Geschwinda Skott" Artillerie" - This Swedish 12lbs Horse Artillery is very powerful and has far better accurancy and reloading stats than normal cannons due to their intensive training.
    custom battle = late / only available for Sweden in Europe / recruitable at the ordonance_board, engineer_school / required technology "military_ordnance_canister_shot"

> "32lbs Heavy Horse Howitzer - 32-Pfünder Berittene Schwere Haubitzenartillerie" - This heavy 32lbs howitzer is very powerful but due to it's wait it only moves slowly when towed over the battlefield.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the ordonance_board, engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

> "8-inch European Mortar - 8-zoll Europäische Mörser Batterie" - A 8-inch mortar is a large calibre, fixed artillery piece that lobs an explosive shell in a high arc at the enemy.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / only recruitable at the engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

> "Rocket Troop (improved) - Raketenschützen (kampfgesteigert)" - This improved "Rocket Troop" has better accurancy and reloading stats than the normal "Rocket Troop" has. But they are more expensive.
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / only recruitable at the engineer_school / required technology "military_ordnance_percussion_shells"

- added one new custom ship:
    > "Privateer - Freibeuter" - The Privateers are formerly pirates who now fight for several factions which pay them regularly. This ship has more firepower and marines than normal 6th rate frigates have.
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / buildable at all military naval docks / no required technology

- added the following five already included infantry units to several factions:
    > Euro Late Riflemen > available for all European faction groups which don't have "Late Riflemen" like "Prussian Jaegers / Tirailleurs / Green Jackets" (custom battle = late)
    > Miquelets > only available for the faction group of Spain in the "peninsula" region (custom battle not available)
    > Highlanders Scots > available for all European faction groups who capture a city in the "displaced_scots" region (this group was made by CA) (custom battle = late)
    > Riskers of Soul > only available for the Ottomans globally (custom battle not available)
    > Desert Warriors > available for all major factions which own a "desert" region (custom battle not available)

> REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Constantinople Infantry Guards" which is included in the "aum_mod_***.pack".

Here some news from the updates last week:
    - alternate download site if TWC is unreachable = http://hosted.filefront.com/SwissHalberdier
    - uploaded the "Complete Changelog of AUM.txt"

*** If you already downloaded this new graphics pack, then you don't need to download it again. ***
    My mod adds 40 new custom units and 13 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 50 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

As always I updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits.

This is the last version of AUM before the next official patch 1.3 will be released.

"Additional Units Mod 2.2"

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.2 (updated to DM 1.9)

Hello to all Darthmod and AUM fans,

CA has announced that they release the patch 1.3 on 22nd June 2009.

This week I had some time to work on my next AUM release which includes many small improvements and new custom units too.

This weekend I will finish my changes to AUM so that I'm ready to update/re-balance AUM 2.3 for the upcoming patch 1.3.

The actual AUM 2.2 will probably be playable with the new patch 1.3. But it's quite sure that it is not balanced right.

At the moment I can't say how much work it does need to make AUM compatible, but I guess that I have to re-balance and test AUM deeply before I can release AUM 2.3.

Therefore please be patient and I will do my best to release an updated and fully compatible AUM 2.3 version soon after CA has released their patch 1.3 and Darth Vader has done a new Darthmod version.

Here are the official news and I did make some "blue" comments related to AUM in there:

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2009/...features-list/

Hi guys,

Update 1.3 will be released for Empire: Total War on 22nd June 2009. Ahead of its release, here are the major features coming to the update:

We’ve worked on implementing the multi-threading in the game for multi-core processors and made many optimisations that will also help increase performance on single core machines.

Players will see huge benefits through increased frame rates particularly in land and naval battles.

14 Free Units have been included in this patch, adding a large amount of diversity to the playable factions and the armies the player will face. These units replace ‘generic’ equivalents giving each faction a unique identity on the battlefield. Here is a description of each free unit available in the update:

Prussian Grenadiers

Wearing a distinctive brass fronted mitre cap, the Prussian Grenadiers are an explosive force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

Spanish Guardias de infateria

These elite guard infantry are charged with protecting the monarch and are a potent force on the battlefield.

Swedish lifeguard horse

This cavalry regiment forms part of the monarchs’ household guard. Superbly drilled, they act as a shock force on the battlefield.

Holland Horse Guard

Armed with heavy cavalry sabres, these disciplined cavalrymen represent the elite of the army.

Prussian Garde Du Corp

The Prussian Garde Du Corp are a replacement for the Prussian standard Household cavalry. These heavy horse shock troops are best used to break enemy lines and overrun enemy positions. With a strong charge and fearsome attack, these riders make short work of those who would oppose a Prussian monarch.

Prussian Life guard

The Prussian life guards are equipped similarly to line infantrymen. However their uniforms are altogether more splendid, marking them out as a superior force, in arrogance if nothing else. They do a good job as garrison troops and are dedicated to the crown.

Russian Grenadiers

This new Russian unit is great for assaults and their grenades pack a mighty punch!

Spanish Guardias De Corp

The Spanish Guardias De Corp replace household cavalry for Spain. With almost unbreakable morale, on the charge they are almost unstoppable.

Spanish Grenadiers

These are a replacement for the standard Spanish Grenadiers with a distinctive bearskin hat to mark them out as exemplary on the battlefield.

Swedish ‘Lifeguards of foot’

These are a highly trained replacement for the standard Swedish guard. They are often used as a force in a system that defends a monarchy and can be relied upon for utter loyalty and deadly accuracy in the field. Their professionalism is reflected in their fearsome battle reputation.

Holland Guard

The Holland Guards from the United Provinces are superior line infantry units. Carrying smoothbore muskets, they were traditionally chosen to protect the royal family and have an incredibly high morale, often making them the last troops to break in a fight.

Scots

The Scots are a Highland ex-patriate infantry used by the United Provinces, renowned for their deadly charge.

This unit has AUM 2.2 already activated! It isn't a new unit.

Swiss Infantry

Very disciplined infantry of the United Provinces with quick reload and excellent marksmanship.

YEEEEEEEES!!! The first official Swiss unit!

Mamelukes

Mamelukes are fearless light horsemen, deadly when deployed against a broken or unsupported enemy.

This week I added the "Mameluks" to my AUM 2.3beta. It isn't a new unit.

Additionally the Spanish nation has had a new uniform design to better reflect its historical look.

Audio:

Sound loading has been made asynchronous, so heavy disc access is reduced to a minimum. This makes loading times faster and reduces any instances of ’stuttering’. Unit group sounds have also been improved, for more realistic group movement. The primary sound library (Miles DLL) has been updated to stop occasional clicking. And we’ve added more sound variation for unit deaths and musket fire.

Campaign:

- Several crash bug fixes in saves, movement, agents and logic.

- Various optimisations have been made to AI and path systems to reduce the campaign map turn times.

- When the pirates are destroyed and re-emerge they now maintain a status of at war with all and are unable to enter into diplomatic negotiations.

- Added small ships on domestic trade routes from the trade nodes to home regions moving in the correct direction, i.e. with the flow of trade.

- The AI should now no longer repeatedly sign a diplomatic agreement and then break it the next turn. Treaties are more valuable and adhered to.

- We’ve fixed some border trade agreements allowing greater numbers of bordering factions to properly trade with one another.

- Movement arrows now reflect the range of the selected units, not the whole army/navy.

- AI will no longer counter-offer and ask for more money than the player has available.

- Fixed commerce raiding taking money from blockaded trade routes.

- Fixed navies getting stuck when forced to retreat from ports (tactial retreat).

- Fixed rare inability to attack certain ports.

- Fixed middle mouse button camera drag stopping working occasionally.

- Made emergent factions be at war with the faction they emerged against if that faction is human.

- Fixed various movement extent crashes.

- Changed background income for minor factions.

- Fixed diplomatic relations with emergent factions.

- Tactical withdrawal will now always leave armies on the landmass containing the settlement of a region.

- Changed war score system to make the AI more likely to accept peace.

- Fixed crash when embarking and disembarking armies at ports.

- Fixed trade ships not being correctly registered in trade nodes after splitting forces.

- Fixed government change diplomatic effect.

- Improved commerce raiding display on trade screen.

- Faction specific text is now used in diplomacy.

- Prevent players cancelling the movement of fleeing agents.

Balance changes

Units

- Charge bonus generally increased across the board for all units and melee defence reduced.

- Greater diversification of stats between different unit types designed to emphasise differences and improve balance.

- Redone costs for all units for multiplayer to improve game balance which better reflects the actual battlefield worth of each unit.

I guess there are a lot of balance changes and I have to re-balance all four AUM versions.

- Mob formation added in for Native American, irregular and some skirmisher units.

- Spot distance for light infantry, skirmishers, irregulars, light cavalry and missile cavalry increased allowing them to spot hidden units at longer distances.

- Russian line infantry stats have been boosted to allow them to compete more with other faction’s line infantry.

- Movement speed of all unit types reduced by 10%.

- Ammo for light infantry increased to 20, line to 15.

Land battle morale

- Charge morale bonus reduced from 10 to 4.

- Recent casualties, extended casualties and total casualties morale penalties increased slightly for higher percentages.

- Rear and flank exposed morale penalties increased.

Fatigue

- Fatigue penalty for melee reduced from 18 per tick to 10.

- Running fatigue penalty for heavy and light cavalry reduced from -3/-2 to -2/-1.

Artillery Changes

- Calibration area for cannons and howitzers reduced. Accuracy of non-round shot shot types reduced to compensate.

- Muzzle velocity of round shot for cannons increased to make them fire lower and bounce more, accuracy also increased.

- Lethality of shrapnel pieces reduced to match canister shot, range also reduced to 350.

- Load time for special shot types for howitzers increased slightly, and range reduced to 350.

- Calibration area for mortars increased, accuracy of round shot increased to compensate. Reload time increased slightly.

- Accuracy of 18 lbr horse guard artillery restored to 65.

Hit points of gun trains increased to 50, all guns and caissons to 25.

Thanks,
    Mark O’Connell

"Additional Units Mod 2.2"

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 (updated to DM 2.1)

Hello to all Darthmod + AUM fans,

27. June 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 has been released
    27. June 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 has been released
    Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - the new official patch 1.3 + 14 free units
    - "14 Elite Units of the West"
    - DarthMod 2.1

- All language files have the new unit names and descriptions for the "14 patch 1.3 extra units" and the payable "14 Elite Units of the West" included.

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_api_ti.pack" (English APE:TI) +
    "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack"(German)

- AUM 2.3
    - Sharpe 1.7
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Lordz map pack

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)"

- re-balanced the "unit_stats_land" of the custom units in all four AUM versions
    - re-balanced the "unit_naval_stats" of the custom ships in all four AUM versions
    - re-balanced the costs + upkeep of the custom units in all four AUM versions

- changed the model, icon and info card pictures of my custom "Grenadier Guards"
    - changed the officer of the "Marines" and "Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun)" to the custom "euro_naval_officer_marines" who now fires the pistol correctly

- included the German long description of the "Royal British Marines (Nocks Volley Gun)" > thanks to "Takeda Shingen"
    - changed the English + German name of my "Freikorps Infantry / Freikorps Infanterie" to "Freikorps Line Infantry / Freikorps Linieninfanterie"
    - changed the German name of the "Freibeuter" to "Kaperfregatte"

- changed the status of the "training" for several units
    - changed the behaviour of the "Landwehr Militia" that they behave like militia
    - removed the standard-bearer from the "Highlander Warband"
    - added several already activated units to the faction group of "Venice"

- included the "AUM Changelog.txt" in all four "aum_mod***.zip" versions

New custom units included in AUM 2.3:

---------------------------------------------------
    > "Royal Cuirassier Guards - Königliche Kürassier Garde"
    custom battle = late / available for the following major factions "Austria, Britain, France, Poland, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden and United Provinces" in Europe / only recruitable at the two latest military buildings and the ultimate military buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Royal Swedish Dragoons - Königliche Schwedische Dragoner"
    custom battle = late / only available for the Swedish in their "swedish_home_regions" / only recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building "prest_swedish_slott" / required technology "military_army_carbines" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Royal Cairo Infantry Guards - Königliche Kairo Infanterie Garde"
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions in the region of "North_Africa" / only recruitable at the "army_staff_college" / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Irish Rifles (Connaught Rangers) - Irische Schützen (Connaught Rangers)"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions which capture Ireland / recruitable at the two latest military buildings (minor_governors_encampment + minor_governors_barracks) / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Guerilla Mercenaries - Guerilla Söldner"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / only recruitable at the four "pleasure" buildings / no required technology / non-reinforcable in all governments

> "Tsar Great Cannon 64-lbs - Zaren 64-Pfünder Schwere Artillerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for Russians in their "russian_home_regions" / only recruitable at the engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

> "Heavy Xebec - Schwere Schebecke"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the Ottomans in the "med_coast" region / buildable at all military naval docks / no required technology

> "Heavy Dhow - Schwere Dau"
    custom battle = early/late / available for all factions which have access to "Dhows" globally / buildable at all trading harbors / no required technology / the ship has still the trading ability

- added the following already included ships to several factions:
    > Xebec > available for all major faction groups in the "med_coast" region / custom battle not available
    > Lugger > available for all major faction groups globally / custom battle not available

> REMO made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Cairo Infantry Guards" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack"
    > KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL (KLA) made one new texture for my custom unit "Royal Cuirassier Guards" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack"

*** If you have downloaded the optional "Graphics Pack" from AUM 2.2, then you don't need to download it again. ***

CHANGES to the new included "14 patch 1.3 extra units"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Swiss Infantry (only recruitable in the "netherlands_home_regions" = this is set from vanilla)
    In the patch 1.3 version only the "United Provinces" can recruit them. I've expanded the recruitment to the following major factions:
    Austria, France, Prussia, Spain

> Scots (no changes)
    I already activated this unit for several factions in AUM 2.2.

> Mamelukes (no changes)
    This hidden unit was already included in "vanilla".

I didn't make any changes to the following new units from the patch 1.3, because they are faction specific and should only be recruitable for the related faction:
    Holland Guard
    Holland Horse Guard
    Prussian Grenadiers
    Prussian Life guard
    Prussian Garde Du Corp
    Russian Grenadiers
    Spanish Grenadiers
    Spanish Guardias de infateria
    Spanish Guardias De Corp
    Swedish lifeguard horse
    Swedish ‘Lifeguards of foot’

NO CHANGES to the payable "14 Elite Units of the West"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't make any changes to the "14 Elite Units of the West" from the payable CA unit pack.

They are fully playable if you bought the DLC unit pack and all names and descriptions are in all four "language files" included.

CA has released these three similar units that I created earlier for AUM:
    Swiss Guards (France)
    Guard Grenadiers (Poland-Lithuania)
    Frei-Korps (Prussia)

My own "Swiss Guards" are still available for France.
    My own "Grenadier Guards" are still available for Poland.
    My own "Freikorps Line Infantry" is still available for Prussia.

My mod adds now 46 new custom units and 15 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 52 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

Comments, problems and balancing issues
    If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

Cheers and happy playing!
    Swiss Halberdier

"Additional Units Mod 2.3"

Comandante's Avatar Libertus

sweet chilly cheese awesome

I think I'd better reply here, than on Darth's main feedback thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello grbo, first of all thank you for your detailed post about your thoughts on AUM. Constructive feedback is always helpful for us modders.
    Well, thanks for the thanks.

Since my first AUM 1.0 release two months ago I constantly decreased all unit limits that the AI doesn't spam them. With the patch 1.3 I have to look closely at the campaign if the AI recruitment has changed a lot.
    I wasn't really taking about the AI, merely on the caps themselves.

These limits are still quite high... based on current figures, any major nation can build 8 elite lines, 8 elite grenadiers, 8 elite marines, 6 Swiss guards... that's already 30 "line" units. Russians would get an additional 6 Tzar Guards, and there's the 8 slightly specialised Garrison Guards.
    Considering artillery and cavalry to add, this means a player could have three full stacks of "elites"... which is quite a large number.

For the case of Swiss Guards: the French monarchy had a nominal establishment of 1600 men... with actual figures usually lower. With Darthmod figures, the 6 units make 1500 men... but Empire: Total War has always used quite smaller armies than the real figures, so 1-2 units of Swiss Guards would have looked more realistic as a cap.

My thought was the following regarding the "units for everyone". I did this because then you can take as a player each faction and enjoy this units.

I didn't agree with the CA release that the "Cuirassiers" or "Heavy Cavalry" should only be available to a few factions. The unit variety was historically tremendous and quite each faction had units that do have the same unit-role as units from other factions. But thats just my opinion and we could discuss this for hours I think.
    The player can enjoy it... but the AI too.

I do agree that at the time, factions had more or less the same types of units... though there were variations in terms of training, policies, doctrines, habits.

CA did provide for differentiation between the Line Infantry units of the major factions... but not at all for some other unit types (for instance grenadiers). So, making all units available to everyone pretty much reduces the specificities of factions. There are pros (we're rewriting history, and we're heads of state... so we can decide to change doctrines) and cons (some special "touch" should be kept in each faction's roster, beyond the uniforms and flags; factions should be more varied than being clones of each other).

Ideally, we should be able to pick "specialization" technologies, so we'd decide to have better reloading, or better charge, etc... but the current structure of technologies doesn't seem to permit it.

In the three latest releases I added more faction-specific units which make the related faction more specific. I will focus on this in my upcoming releases.
    It's an interesting direction IMHO: makes each faction more specific.

On the other side, differentiating the standard units would also be helpful - i.e. have euro_grenadiers_britain, euro_grenadiers_france, euro_grenadiers_spain etc... with stats variations, rather than only the two euro_grenadiers and euro_grenadiers_bearskin (with the exact same stats).

Sure the 18th century wasn't the most important area for mercenaries but they were a part of quite each army. Great that you like that part of AUM.
    These armies were mostly "professional" in nature, hence quite "mercenary" in nature. Foreign troops, local troops... were aplenty. And there's obviously no reason why factions shouldn't be equal regarding them, in general. Though some specificities do exist (Irish Brigade which gained much fame in French service - note that some Jacobite Irishmen also served in Spain or Austria).

Note that "expat" infantry cap is set at 4 in the vanilla game... which I think is somewhat low.

Sure a mod never pleasures all users. You can't make it right for everyone...

I did always say on my thread that the AUM users have the possibility to change AUM to their wishes. (there are plenty of how-to's in my FAQ section like mentioned above)

I always hear from my AUM users that the great thing about AUM is, that they can choose from various versions and all will give them an unique battle-feeling depended on their used "major mod" or "vanilla".
    Agreed... though it's still some work to do.

A true AOR system like TROM's is only possible if Darth would change the "startpos.esf".
    ... and would require to duplicate/specialize a lot of database lines, to make region-specific versions. Which looks like a big pain to me...

Quote Originally Posted by grbo View Post
    I think I'd better reply here, than on Darth's main feedback thread.
    Yes that was a good idea!

Well, thanks for the thanks.
    I wasn't really taking about the AI, merely on the caps themselves.
    These limits are still quite high... based on current figures, any major nation can build 8 elite lines, 8 elite grenadiers, 8 elite marines, 6 Swiss guards... that's already 30 "line" units. Russians would get an additional 6 Tzar Guards, and there's the 8 slightly specialised Garrison Guards.
    Considering artillery and cavalry to add, this means a player could have three full stacks of "elites"... which is quite a large number.

Ah Ok I understand now what you mean.

I've looked through my PM's that I got from a lot of AUM users about the unit limit:
    > 60% are quite happy with the actual limit
    > 20% would like to have no limit or a higher limit
    > 20% would like to have a slightly lower limit

I will decrease several unit limits slightly in all four AUM 2.4 versions because of the possibility for the AI to spam elite units if they have enough money.

For all users that don't agree with the AUM limits, they can read my FAQ on the first post to change all limits easily.

I do agree that at the time, factions had more or less the same types of units... though there were variations in terms of training, policies, doctrines, habits.
    I agree here.

CA did provide for differentiation between the Line Infantry units of the major factions... but not at all for some other unit types (for instance grenadiers). So, making all units available to everyone pretty much reduces the specificities of factions. There are pros (we're rewriting history, and we're heads of state... so we can decide to change doctrines) and cons (some special "touch" should be kept in each faction's roster, beyond the uniforms and flags; factions should be more varied than being clones of each other).

Yes CA did integrate "replacement units" for various factions in the "Free 14 patch 1.3 units"... but they did not create a new "type" of unit.

Ideally, we should be able to pick "specialization" technologies, so we'd decide to have better reloading, or better charge, etc... but the current structure of technologies doesn't seem to permit it.

Look into the "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita" mod, there are 2 new "special" techs included.

It's an interesting direction IMHO: makes each faction more specific.

On the other side, differentiating the standard units would also be helpful - i.e. have euro_grenadiers_britain, euro_grenadiers_france, euro_grenadiers_spain etc... with stats variations, rather than only the two euro_grenadiers and euro_grenadiers_bearskin (with the exact same stats).
    Yes I agree here. I guess CA will probably release that again as "FREE UNITS"

These armies were mostly "professional" in nature, hence quite "mercenary" in nature. Foreign troops, local troops... were aplenty. And there's obviously no reason why factions shouldn't be equal regarding them, in general. Though some specificities do exist (Irish Brigade which gained much fame in French service - note that some Jacobite Irishmen also served in Spain or Austria).

Note that "expat" infantry cap is set at 4 in the vanilla game... which I think is somewhat low.
    Yes I think that the vanilla limit for various units is quite low too.

Agreed... though it's still some work to do.
    Sure, a mod is a "never-ending-update-to-improve-the-gaming-experience".

... and would require to duplicate/specialize a lot of database lines, to make region-specific versions. Which looks like a big pain to me...
    Yes at the moment it isn't possible to merge two "startpos.esf" files easily.

> Darthmod + vanilla are using the "vanilla" startpos.esf
    > APE:TI and IS are using their "own" startpos.esf

AUM 2.3 is playable with the new "Darthmod Campaign AI".

Just make sure that AUM is getting loaded at last.
    mod darthmod.pack;
    mod darthmodCAI.pack;
    mod aum_mod_dm.pack;

AUM 2.3 available in Spanish

> patch_aum_sp_loc.zip = the Spanish "localisation.loc"

Language Translator

(HG)Super - He has done the "Spanish AUM language file".

Thank you very much for your huge effort and making AUM available to all "Spanish speaking" fans! Huge +rep to you!

Default ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3

Hello to all Darthmod + AUM fans,

today I released the version 1.4 of my "patch_aum_graphics.zip" which now includes these three awesome re-texture mods:

> Proper Militia Mod 1.3 by SPANKY

> Realistic Flag Set 1.2 by SPANKY

> SEALORDS Ship Textures Mod 1.0 by BLADERUNNER

Download sites where you can download the NEW patch_aum_graphics.zip (zip: 180 MB / extracted 419 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/AUM

http://www.filefront.com/user/SwissHalberdier

Information about the included textures

> "patch_aum_graphics.pack" includes the following:

- 30 new textures for "Line Infantry / Militia / Provincial Cavalry"
    which are shown in my album-link below

- "Realistic Flag Set 1.2" by SPANKY

- "SEALORDS Ship Textures Mod 1.0" by BLADERUNNER

This is the explanation from BLADERUNNER's thread:

yellow/black for Britain and most nations, as the British is always the generic model
    white/black for France
    red/black for Spain
    white/green for Russia

The 2nd, 4th Rate, Razee and the 24 pounder only have 1 model and use the yellow/black textures.

For the not rated ships i mixed the first three textures.

Here are some pictures from the re-textured ship hulls:

It is fully optional and AUM works without as well. It replaces the textures of the "vanilla standard ETW" files.

> SPANKY made eleven new "Militia" textures for the following major factions: Austria, Britain, Denmark, France, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Provinces, United States and a new generic texture for the remaining factions based on faction colors. The "Unit UI cards" have been changed too.

> SPANKY made eleven new "Provincial Cavalry" textures for the following major factions: Austria, Britain, Denmark, France, Poland, Prussia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, United Provinces, United States and a new generic texture for the remaining factions based on faction colors. The "Unit UI cards" have been changed too.

> SPANKY made his fantastic "Realistic Flag Set 1.2"

All textures from SPANKY are included from his "Proper Militia Mod 1.3" and "Realistic Flag Set 1.2".

> BLADERUNNER made his awesome "SEALORDS Ship Textures Mod 1.0"

These screenshots are shown in my album-link below:

- all "Line Infantry" textures by REMO and HRIMFAR

- some "Militia" and "Provincial Cavalry" textures by SPANKY

- some "Ship" textures by BLADERUNNER

ALBUM - AUM Graphics Pack - patch_aum_graphics.pack

Thank you very much that you all allow me to include your fantastic textures!

Huge +rep to these fine men!

I'm working on my upcoming AUM 2.4 release and if all goes well it will be released next Monday/Tuesday.

Cheers and enjoy these fantastic textures!
    Swiss Halberdier

"Additional Units Mod 2.3"

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast