Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUTDATED RELEASE] Westeros: Total War v0.53

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Westeros: Total War Alpha (v0.53)

Just delete the folder the mod is in.

Thank you sir.

Laetus

Damn you and your mod i was curious about which games had ASOIAF mod developed, and i saw one on the TW forums, which got me excited, as i have rome, med 2 and empire. When i saw how all the screenshots looked i realised i had finally found a decent mod for my favourite book series unfortunatly, i now have to install med 2 + kingdoms to play this, and steam is unbearably slow looking forward to playing

One question, are the free cities and other such land masses being planned for inclusion? Then such factions as the Dothraki could be included...

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by AlNut View Post
    Damn you and your mod i was curious about which games had ASOIAF mod developed, and i saw one on the TW forums, which got me excited, as i have rome, med 2 and empire. When i saw how all the screenshots looked i realised i had finally found a decent mod for my favourite book series unfortunatly, i now have to install med 2 + kingdoms to play this, and steam is unbearably slow looking forward to playing

One question, are the free cities and other such land masses being planned for inclusion? Then such factions as the Dothraki could be included...
    According to what ive heard from W:TW team members dothraki, the free cities and other factions in Essos won't be included in the version currently being worked upon (Version 1.0).

thats not to say it wont change when ADWD comes out and has a map of the free cities tho!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

What Sandy said

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

idk if the W:TW team has satted this anywhere so i thought id ask. Is there a tentative release date? if there isnt thats fine im willing to wait great job guys

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmarshes410 View Post
    idk if the W:TW team has satted this anywhere so i thought id ask. Is there a tentative release date? if there isnt thats fine im willing to wait great job guys
    No tentative release date yet. We are making steady progress but still a lot of work left to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
    No tentative release date yet. We are making steady progress but still a lot of work left to be done.
    k thanks just making sure i didnt miss something. Keep up the amazing work

When can we expect the next big update?

Quote Originally Posted by reddeathxx View Post
    When can we expect the next big update?
    We have a couple factions nearing completion but not quite ready yet.

And im just wondering if i installed this all right and stuff, when i start up the mod and go to custom games i see all the Houses, but they are intermingled with all of the other nations from the original game. Is that supposed to be right?

And im just wondering if i installed this all right and stuff, when i start up the mod and go to custom games i see all the Houses, but they are intermingled with all of the other nations from the original game. Is that supposed to be right?
    No, it should only be the houses in the mod. Did you install into it's own folder or overwrite original vanilla files? Hopefully the former!

I installed it into the mods folder and i could play through that, so i must overwrite the vanilla folders?

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks a lot for your work! Installed the mod and playing it from dusk till dawn

I have an idea for the King's Landing (i saw a lot of castles on a map and much less cities) - maybe make the King's Landing a city, and a Red Castle near it. It will be more literally and make harder to capture it. Just a suggestion.

Best regards from Siberia! Keep on working, the world is watching. (By the way - i think you will get much more coders and modellers after 17 april, so 1.0 will be done faster)

Icon5 Re: Westeros: Total War Alpha (v0.53)

hi i recently start playng the game again and i found the new version of the westeros total war im a big fan (read the books five times each, going for a 6), i had some troubles instaling the mod, but know it is almust done, or i hope it is..

i fix everithing till know but, when i start the game i go to westeros campaign and choose long and the stark famaly, and when the game is loading it crashs...

dont know what is the problem...

I have the gold edition, and already got the 1.5 version.. just before i dont know why but the game ask me to insert the britania cd.. i dont know why.. or im missing on cd on my box (dont think so) or that was a mistake cause i tried the 2 cd from gold edition and it keep sayng the same so i used a no cd crack.. then as i told you guys the game starts and when i trie to load my first campaign it goes down..

hope you can help me

i followed the steps for the steam version but the name for the campaign doesnt change and if i click the campaign that i originally changed the screen goes black then i get brought back to my desktop with a blank me2tw window and a small box that is also blank except for a ok button. and when i go back to the mod screen the normal campaign folder is back with a couple of the files but the folder i renamed is still there, so if anyone else had this problem can you please help, i want to play so bad

I installed it into the mods folder and i could play through that, so i must overwrite the vanilla folders?
    I think it's completely normal that they appear there. I mean I get Holy Roman or English units with some of my factions too yet the game installed into mods automatically.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

@Dakkon
    please compress and attach your log

@Ser Flea
    did you try these instructions?
    Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    @Dakkon
    please compress and attach your log

@Ser Flea
    did you try these instructions?
    Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam
    hi, ok i just fix the problem on my own.. i remove the game and install again, still just for you guys to know the game still ask me for the kingdoms cd.. think is a problem with the gold edition.. i used the no cd crack to fix it.. but is strange..

just a noob question, hiring a general..or training.. is it random, or do you have to do something in order to be able to train more generals???

hahhh btw i read it somwhere and i agree that map needs more towns, more merchants and more resources..

thanks

I downloaded and played this mod. It is awesome! I played with Starks and I met all victory conditions but the game didn't end, I suppose due to the early version. I wanted to say that you did a very good job and that I'm looking forward to the v1.0! Keep up the good work!

(edit) Btw, when it said that the Night's Watch has sent a raven, I pressed to send them money, troops etc, but even if I pressed the "show me" button, nothing happened. My treasury remained as it was, the "advice" icon didn't disappear, but the "show me" button could not be pressed again.
    Last edited by Zaratoth; March 05, 2011 at 12:21 PM.