Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUTDATED RELEASE] Westeros: Total War v0.53

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: How to Submod W:TW?

Yup, unpacking is only necessary if you want to mod vanilla Medieval 2 or Kingdoms. Mods come in their own unpacked mod folders, which are ready to edit. Make sure you backup your files before editing them so you can go back to the backups if you mess something up.

okay ive tried to do what these tutorials say the traits tutorial was the one i was using anyway and still nothing changes in-game? do i just edit the txt in notepad? in my mods/folder i have stainless steel, TA:TW, etc. then Westeros and Westeros Copy and Westeros registration entries(should this be inside the westeros folder?) if not i cant think of any reason why nothing is being changed as ive edited the effects of traits in export_desc_character_traits and text/export_vnvs.txt, and the effects of ancillaries in export_desc_ancillaries and text/export_ancillaries.txt? am i missing something? thanks in advance

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

I have had trouble modding character traits in the past.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=444816

Try something easier like unit stats or buildings to begin with.
    Last edited by kevindrosario; May 06, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Are you sure that you actually run the modded version of westeros?

thanks kevin i'm having pretty much the same problem as in the link u posted i'll give deleting the strings.bin file a try (EDIT) yh still no joy, it hasn't made a new strings.bin file though, not easy this modding lark lol

No i'm not sure about that Lord Inquisitor how do i do that? i've been using the batch file in the westeros copy folder?

okay i've beenn a bt of a numpty i was editing the copied files and not the originals and i've successfully edited certain traits and ancillaries, now i'm trying to create some new ones for other lordships and its come out pretty well using a tutorial from here but my .tga is a bit large as i've used the tutorial gives portrait size instead, could you give me the ancillary pixelisation size please?

okay no need, worked that out aswell lol sorry lads
    Last edited by ashinobi; May 10, 2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: please use the edit button

Default Is it just me?

Have I installed this mod incorrectly or are the strengths and weaknesses next to faction descriptions at the choosing screen still with french/spanish,german/venetian/etc. and the voices on the campaign map still of their respective original faction?

I definitely do not mean any disrespect if the mod is still in this fashion due to incompletion, I really did not read much before downloading and installing as I was excited due to the HBO series, ha.

Thanks!

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Metzgershund View Post
    Have I installed this mod incorrectly or are the strengths and weaknesses next to faction descriptions at the choosing screen still with french/spanish,german/venetian/etc. and the voices on the campaign map still of their respective original faction?

I definitely do not mean any disrespect if the mod is still in this fashion due to incompletion, I really did not read much before downloading and installing as I was excited due to the HBO series, ha.

Thanks!
    You installed a very old version of the mod. A new version will hopefully be completed soon. I have just previously gotten back from a long break. I will hopefully have some new previews to show you guys soon.

So is there a newer version available that I may install?

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Metzgershund View Post
    So is there a newer version available that I may install?
    Our team hasn't put together a newer version as of yet.

...........maybe you should

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    I have just previously gotten back from a long break. I will hopefully have some new previews to show you guys soon.
    Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Goldenhand View Post
    ...........maybe you should
    No Well, not yet. It'd be like watching LoTR with all the CGI taken out.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    Our team hasn't put together a newer version as of yet.
    At least no public version.

We devs currently use the version 0.66, which is far from complete, but much more advanced than the current open alpha.

Default Re: Westeros: Total War Alpha (v0.53)

Great job guys I love it!!! The books a series on HBO now all we need is a finished version of Westeros total war. Take your time just please dont stop creating this its awesome!!! In the future can we hope for Dragon banners on the horizon or maybe an addition with Skagos or anything?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

How can they stop now? If anything the pressure is even greater.

Quote Originally Posted by tubergeek View Post
    Great job guys I love it!!! The books a series on HBO now all we need is a finished version of Westeros total war. Take your time just please dont stop creating this its awesome!!! In the future can we hope for Dragon banners on the horizon or maybe an addition with Skagos or anything?
    Maybe; But first we`ll finish the happenings in westeros.

I find it hilarious that rather than sating peoples lust for ASOIAF the HBO series has made them more crazed for W:TW. I expected it but it is still funny

Been playing a few games messing around. The Arryns seem to overpower anyone near them. My favorite campaign so far was Dorne. In the first few turns I lost the Red Viper to a natural disaster I wanted to restart then since he had not even fought a battle but I kept playing taking Blackhaven and Ashford going a slow campaign accepting Renly as King until Highgarden attacked me Renly then broke our alliance so I made an alliance with Joff by now his only 2 places are bronzegate and felmont. So i captured all of the Storm lands one by one while defending my lands from Tyrells. Each place I took I gifted to Joff just to make it fun. With the King having good ground again I Shifted my forces to the West There knights overpowered me so I used ambushes and took weaker armies. It got hard to fight them for more so I landed my navy in a barely defended Oldtown and started taking from the south. Now all they have is the Arbor and the Stoney sept. Greyjoys started strong but now have been pused back all they own on the mainland is the Crag. Its fun to watch Kings landing its always being sieged by a different person. Arryn, Stannis, and Joff cant keep it. all houses are still alive riverrun and Renlys each have 2 castles left. It has been fun I enjoyed killing Renly, Mace, and Garlan all on my own or Gerald the scarred as he is called. If only I could find that bloody knight of flowers ill bury him in the desert with no flowers around!!!

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Hopefully the new massive interest in this from the show will allow this mod to rekick into high gear and come out to be somthing very popular and well made. All the ideas from the first post (which I understand is very old) along with some new ones will make this somthing truely unique. Then all its missing is some new models and graphics. Less Medieval and more Westeros!

I'm like 95% sure I know the answer to this but it can't hurt to ask anyway... is there any functional difference between the version posted in the OP and the one posted here, or is it just referred to as Alpha in one place and Beta in the other?

Also, I'm a Game of Thrones bandwagoner who was only nominally aware of the series' existence at all before the show aired (which I love). Could we start a thread wherein we might be able to discuss the mod in general terms without getting into plot specifics? I've had to tab out of some windows real fast because I read some minor spoilers. In another thread, even knowing how big the various factions' armies were is something of a giveaway!

If you want to open such a thread feel free to do so.

No, both versions should be the same. It`s an alpha and not a beta, though.