Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: [OUTDATED RELEASE] Westeros: Total War v0.53

Manuel Komnenos's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Westeros: Total War Alpha (v0.53)

This seems as a wonderful mod, particularly for an ASOIF fan like me How far is this from the final version?
    Why we dig up the past? To understand it.

I was wondering something.

Are we going to get a .6 or a .7 release before we get to 1.0?

I'm just wondering if this would be a good way to see some of the Faction Previews, etc. in action.

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Komnenos View Post
    This seems as a wonderful mod, particularly for an ASOIF fan like me How far is this from the final version?
    Quite a while I'm afraid. But we have a talented and active team working away so hopefully not too long

Quote Originally Posted by Rizedt View Post
    I was wondering something.

Are we going to get a .6 or a .7 release before we get to 1.0?

I'm just wondering if this would be a good way to see some of the Faction Previews, etc. in action.
    I doubt it very much, but we should definately have some more previews for you soon!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

hi, I just started playing this mod - its the first ever mod I've had a go with - and I just wanted to this this is brilliant. Great work you guys are doing. I'm playing it on windows 7 and its works great. Sorry I'm not really familiar with this forum yet and was wondering if I should post any bugs (i'm sure most of them are known now anyway but I'd like to help out with feedback. I'm also interested in helping with anything else I can do- I have no clue about how to do any coding or stuff like that but I am good at photoshop and other design publishing software- if theres any jobs needing done there that i could do I'd be happy to chip in. Again though I'm not sure how to get involved or who to speak to. Any help would be much appreciated

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenblade View Post
    hi, I just started playing this mod - its the first ever mod I've had a go with - and I just wanted to this this is brilliant. Great work you guys are doing. I'm playing it on windows 7 and its works great. Sorry I'm not really familiar with this forum yet and was wondering if I should post any bugs (i'm sure most of them are known now anyway but I'd like to help out with feedback. I'm also interested in helping with anything else I can do- I have no clue about how to do any coding or stuff like that but I am good at photoshop and other design publishing software- if theres any jobs needing done there that i could do I'd be happy to chip in. Again though I'm not sure how to get involved or who to speak to. Any help would be much appreciated
    Hi fallenblade welcome to the forum! If youre interested in helping out youre probably best to message darkstar the westeros team leader. In terms of bugs and whatnot the mod is getting a complete overhaul from the current version (0.53) which is only a beta, to a new updated version with lots of new cool stuff so most bugs will probably be taken out for the new version. like i said earlier tho if youre interested in helping out im sure theyll have some stuff you can do.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    which is only a beta, to a new updated version
    Actually only an alpha, to show some concepts and such.

Yeah, help is always welcome. Photoshop skills are a nice starting point; If you are interested in, let`s say skinning units i could send you some links that might help you to get started.

That would be great thanks. Doing skins was something I was thinking about. So any help would be great

I think instead of posting several links i`ll just post the link to the tutorial index. You should find quite some help to get started there.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92488

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lordinquisitor View Post
    Actually only an alpha, to show some concepts and such.

lol i meant alpha damn my lousy greek!

Is there any possible way for me to bribe Ramsay Bolton/Snow or Black Walder in Alpha build? I tried money cheat but it seems these guys are WAY to "honorable" to accept that, which is quiet a contrast from the books!

They may not be honourable but they damn sure arent stupid enough to give up their castle and position for some money

It would be a lot better choice then just having to face total slaughter from my Stark Army!

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Something just occured to me

In the first book, Robert said the North was as big (geographically) as the other 6 kingdoms, or at least going from King's Landing to Winterfell.

Just looked at the map for this... yeah, the North. Not that big. Was Robert just exaggerating, or did you guys run out of space? Because the maps from the books make the North look ridiculously big. I know this mod isn't the entire North, but... meh.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Something just occured to me

I think the size of the current North is pretty well as it is right now. It's almost as large as the entire center mainland (who all are divided by warring factions), but to make it any larger would simply make it just look... I don't know, stretched out perhaps. I'd rather go with keeping the current size of the land, although making the landscape more "northenly" and hostile, forcing you to take dwindeling paths through thick forests, gorges, mountains, swamps and a few barren wastes, thus making it "bigger" (Ie more difficult to assualt and move around in) without actually increasing the size.
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    In the first book, Robert said the North was as big (geographically) as the other 6 kingdoms, or at least going from King's Landing to Winterfell.

Just looked at the map for this... yeah, the North. Not that big. Was Robert just exaggerating, or did you guys run out of space? Because the maps from the books make the North look ridiculously big. I know this mod isn't the entire North, but... meh.
    As I previously said. A new map is in the making for version 1.0.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    As I previously said. A new map is in the making for version 1.0.
    I never saw what you previously said.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

just downloaded it i originally played third age total war and just started reading this and i love it. when is the full version coming out?

Sandy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by irishbagpiper View Post
    just downloaded it i originally played third age total war and just started reading this and i love it. when is the full version coming out?

See murfmurfs point a few posts up; nobody knows yet its still a work in progress. There are several preview threads in the main W:TW forum as well as developer blogs etc if you want to get a feel of the as-yet unreleased 1.0 version.
    It does look good tho!

I'm very much been looking forward to a more advanced release, especially since the HBO series is soon to start!
    But the alpha has been much fun to play in the meantime!
    Thanks to the development team for all their hard work!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Looking forward to the final release of this mod ...aswell as the tv series .